Discussion: Main Site Updates

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Re: Discussion: Main Site Updates

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Godzilla18 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:23 am So I guess Godzilla and Kong's BIOS are not going to be updated in favor of new monsters from other media being added in first.
No way man. We need a 1000 posters and mobile game updates before anything. I've had these damn GTS bios submitted for over two years and have had Anime trilogy stats submitted since Nov.

What even are priorities?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:12 pm
Godzilla18 wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:23 am So I guess Godzilla and Kong's BIOS are not going to be updated in favor of new monsters from other media being added in first.
No way man. We need a 1000 posters and mobile game updates before anything. I've had these damn GTS bios submitted for over two years and have had Anime trilogy stats submitted since Nov.

What even are priorities?
But MM, how will I know what the Green Orbs in Godzilla: Destruction do!?
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

mikelcho wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:43 pm I've got two things for some of the lists in the Movies section.

First, on the Movies list and the Genres list, it should say "Kaiju Movies", not "Kaiju Films", as the first name is used on the actual list's title.

Second, these next things are either additions or corrections, all involving official American theatrical titles and (in three cases) official American home video titles, which, I presume, are used for all of the movie lists on this website. I'll be using the various lists and what needs to be fixed in, or added to, what films in which lists.

Movies, Godzilla Movies, Kaiju Movies, Science Fiction and Live Action

*Godzilla (Godzilla, King of the Monsters!),
*Godzilla Raids Again (Gigantis the Fire Monster),
*Mothra vs. Godzilla (Godzilla vs. the Thing, Godzilla vs. Mothra),
*Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster (Ghidrah the Three-Headed Monster),
*Invasion of Astro-Monster (Monster Zero, Godzilla vs. Monster Zero),
*All Monsters Attack (Minya, Son of Godzilla; Godzilla's Revenge)
*Godzilla vs. Gigan (Godzilla on Monster Island),
*Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (Godzilla vs. the Bionic Monster, Godzilla vs. the Cosmic Monster),
*Terror of Mechagodzilla (The Terror of Godzilla)

Movies, Science Fiction and Live Action

*The Legend of the White Serpent (Madame White Snake)
*The Secret of the Telegian

Movies, Science Fiction, Live Action and Horror

*H-Man (The H-Man)
*Matango (Attack of the Mushroom People, Matango: Attack of the Mushroom People)

Godzilla Movies, Kaiju Movies and Science Fiction

*Godzilla vs. Mothra (Godzilla and Mothra: The Battle for Earth)

Kaiju Movies and Science Fiction

*Gamera 2: Advent of Legion (Gamera 2: Attack of Legion)

Science Fiction and Disaster

*Submersion of Japan (Tidal Wave)

Other than this, everything is perfect. If these could please be included, that would be great! Thanks!
I'm doing this to my own post because I forgot to put one thing on this list.

Arbok, if you could please arrange to have these all put in, then the Movies section will be all done. Thanks!
Last edited by mikelcho on Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

So I'm just going to throw this here, because maybe if I start making waves about it... Others will too.

In just this week alone, we have had news on

- Super 7 Ultimates
- New Y-MSF molds being shown off and new releases incoming.
- New Playmates stuff.
- Akira Takarada passing away.

Not a single update or post under the "news" on the main site. And this isn't including all the other, more recent news such as GvG2. And yes, I know Anthony is away for now, which is fine because a site this large shouldn't be dependent on just one or two people posting updates. But there is A LOT of stuff going down that simply isn't being covered/reported on.

Hell, has anyone taken a look at the OFFICIAL TK FB page lately? It's a god damn graveyard.

Anybody out there doing their job?
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

I think the insistence on having once-a-day updates causes a lot of news to be forgotten or late to post. I feel like TK should shift it's interface to be more like sites like TFW2005 with a constant stream and multiple pages of news items rather than just updates to the site's database.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

UltramanGoji wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:01 pm I think the insistence on having once-a-day updates causes a lot of news to be forgotten or late to post. I feel like TK should shift it's interface to be more like sites like TFW2005 with a constant stream and multiple pages of news items rather than just updates to the site's database.
Not 100% sure how that would work (never went to TFW2005), but if it would allow for more than just two staff members (Josh and Anthony) to add updates, it'd surely be a hell of a game changer I think. I, alone, have Godzilla: the Series bios submitted for nearly two years that are STILL in process of being added and Netflix Anime trilogy stats submitted since November. Hell, just look at how damn long it takes KWC matches to be added, and I don't even take part of them anymore (willingly now).

Looking at the actual site staff, over half of it seems to have ghosted TK entirely. "So-and-so was added to do this and that" and they do exactly, maybe, one or two things in an entire god damn year, if that. My own opinions of the D20 section aside, the thing hasn't seen an update since August 2020... There is a guy on the staff who's entire job IS the D20 section. Look up François Coulombe on the search function... Hasn't done shit since 2020 either. Was brought on for something and has done like 3 things before ghosting. Already mentioned the FB page, which is a ghost town and legit never posts anything. I can go on.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Props to Chris for picking up the slack. Can't wait for that Super7 interview.
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:52 am Props to Chris for picking up the slack. Can't wait for that Super7 interview.
went up a bit ago!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/blog/interv ... nn-super7/
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

I still visit the TK main site and browse time to time but if you want to keep up with info and news, you're better off with Wikizilla.
Last edited by tbeasley on Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

I'm not sure where to post this, but can someone add Muscle Heat (2002) (aka Blood Heat) to the main list of Toho Films in the Distributed By section?

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

What happened to the TriStarverse ?

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

From the new Shin Godzilla vs. Evangelion Symphony review:
As a side note, I do want to address the track titles. It includes the original track numbers from the music, excluding Ifukube's work. While it makes the tracks look messy, it does make it easy to find out the exact theme being performed. This is helpful since the sources are sometimes obscure, for example track three on the second disc is related to outtakes. What it doesn't provide, though, is clarity on where the first track from disc two came from, as the number doesn't appear to align with the 2016 Godzilla film or any released Evangelion music that I could find.
First off, that bit about outtakes is just false. If the proper research was done, you'd find that the first and third tracks on disc 2 feature music from Evangelion: 2.0 and 3.0 respectively.

https://vgmdb.net/album/19800
https://vgmdb.net/album/35707
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

VGF2615
Yojimbo

Post by VGF2615 »

I noticed that the video section for Godzilla Unleashed has been removed. I'm guessing they are no longer available anymore?

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

That red-and-yellow concept art for SpaceGodzilla is the coolest thing ever. Part of me now wishes he looked like that in the final product.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Godzilla18
Samurai

Post by Godzilla18 »

Okay, seriously you guys have added tons of new monster bios but still haven't updated Legendary Godzilla or Kong's since their first movies. What gives?
A monster? A king? A god? Or is Godzilla all three?

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

Godzilla18 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:01 am Okay, seriously you guys have added tons of new monster bios but still haven't updated Legendary Godzilla or Kong's since their first movies. What gives?
Most articles are submitted by users, so if it's not updated, the honest truth is that those that visit the site either haven't noticed or haven't felt compelled to update it. Right now, I'm sending about a Bio a week, so I might see what I can do around August or September.

In general, what other Bios are lacking as of right now?
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

Godzilla18
Samurai

Post by Godzilla18 »

Greyshot151 wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:37 am
Most articles are submitted by users, so if it's not updated, the honest truth is that those that visit the site either haven't noticed or haven't felt compelled to update it. Right now, I'm sending about a Bio a week, so I might see what I can do around August or September.

In general, what other Bios are lacking as of right now?
Ah, I see. Hmmmm, well I can't think of any other bios that are lacking content but Camazotz could use a bio.
A monster? A king? A god? Or is Godzilla all three?

GojiFan1999
Ronin

Post by GojiFan1999 »

I am a huge fan and I love when there are changes that improve the quality.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Badass stuff!
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image