Suggestions/Changes for the TK Forum

A place for users to address comments, suggestions, submissions, or errors found on Toho Kingdom and its forum.
Godzilla21
Keizer

Re: Suggestions/Changes for the TK Forum

Post by Godzilla21 »

Legion1979 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:01 pm
Godzilla21 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:42 am
Rando Yaguchi wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:00 am
If I disable sigs, I miss out on the good ones (the vast majority), while the excessive ones clutter up the page.
I disabled sigs a few years back and never looked back. The amount of obnoxious sigs on TK is far more than any other site with a message board I visit.
Hey, thanks for reminding me that was possible!
No problem! I didn't know you had returned!
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

Hey been gone a good few years at least for being constantly active, glad to be back. I was just wondering if we could make it so the avatars are bigger again? They’re small to the point where you can barley notice them and they may as well not even be there lol
Last edited by GodzillaDude on Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
SA
W: 72 L: 72

Instagram: @bloodeejacobreviews

Youtube channel (TV shows, movies, games, horror in general, etc): http://www.youtube.com/c/BloodeeJacob

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

I miss that little feature where you could list your favorite kaiju on your profile.
Resized Image

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:43 pm I miss that little feature where you could list your favorite kaiju on your profile.
That was a thing?

These are by no means official (yet?) Since I made the current Kaiju emojis, I recently sat down and worked up a bath of new ones. They aren't finalize yet, since I don't know how I want the color shading to be yet and i'm having conflicting styles of the original Godzilla Island icons and how I like to shade my work. I guess it's a what to expect. Once I have a more complete batch I'll submit them to Maritonic.

-and yes in my head canon this Toho Kong is possessed by Pennywise.

Added in 2 minutes 28 seconds:
GodzillaDude wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:16 am Hey been gone a good few years at least for being constantly active, glad to be back. I was just wondering if we could make it so the avatars are bigger again? They’re small to the point where you can barley notice them and they may as well not even be there lol
IIRC you they MIGHT be able to change it. It's been several years since I last looked at the back-end but I believe the main concern is it causing issues with board styles. Its been the standard 100x125 since atleast 2014 now.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Dude, those are awesome. I love sprite-style graphics. The current kaiju emojis are also awesome, kudos.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

shadowgigan wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:27 pm Dude, those are awesome. I love sprite-style graphics. The current kaiju emojis are also awesome, kudos.
Than you! :) I had a small shift in style with these to a fusion of mine and Godzilla Island. All I did was basically give them an outline and 1 extra color to use as a wild card.

Small update - I was gunna save the bottom row until release as a surprise but I guess ill spring it publicly. The MG21 is still a WIP. Such a complex design is hard to fit into a 30x30. I also havent settled on G21's final colors yet either. The rest are basically finalized.
MG might be witheld until I can figure out how to improve it. It's gunna be a mess regardless due to his design.

Planned:
Gabara
MehcaniKong
MechaGodzilla 93
Godzilla Fillus
Kong 21

Xilien (replace old one?)
Xilien FW (Keizer)
Blackhole Alien (Transformed)
Commander Mugal (MG Helmet)

Oxygen Destroyer
Kong 21 Axe (If anyone can GIF a glowing version :P I can hand glow it but I'd want to killmyself doing it frame by frame)

A lot on the plate for now - but this should be a good second installment. Part of me doesnt like the style change, but I cant fit in the detail I want with only 3 colors ala NES - I might convert them to the old style or keep them as is and eventually patch the old one with a bit more shading. I'll play it by ear. Stuff like Mg21 might benefit from it more but stuff like G21 might lose its identity.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

SpaceG92 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:31 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:27 pm Dude, those are awesome. I love sprite-style graphics. The current kaiju emojis are also awesome, kudos.
Than you! :) I had a small shift in style with these to a fusion of mine and Godzilla Island. All I did was basically give them an outline and 1 extra color to use as a wild card.

Small update - I was gunna save the bottom row until release as a surprise but I guess ill spring it publicly. The MG21 is still a WIP. Such a complex design is hard to fit into a 30x30. I also havent settled on G21's final colors yet either. The rest are basically finalized.
MG might be witheld until I can figure out how to improve it. It's gunna be a mess regardless due to his design.

Planned:
Gabara
MehcaniKong
MechaGodzilla 93
Godzilla Fillus
Kong 21

Xilien (replace old one?)
Xilien FW (Keizer)
Blackhole Alien (Transformed)
Commander Mugal (MG Helmet)

Oxygen Destroyer
Kong 21 Axe (If anyone can GIF a glowing version :P I can hand glow it but I'd want to killmyself doing it frame by frame)

A lot on the plate for now - but this should be a good second installment. Part of me doesnt like the style change, but I cant fit in the detail I want with only 3 colors ala NES - I might convert them to the old style or keep them as is and eventually patch the old one with a bit more shading. I'll play it by ear. Stuff like Mg21 might benefit from it more but stuff like G21 might lose its identity.
SpaceG my old pal. These look great. Glad you you've stuck around all these years and still make contributions when I've seen sooooo many others bail. Cheers.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Godzilla21 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:35 pm SpaceG my old pal. These look great.
:3 Daah, thank you.
Godzilla21 wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:35 pmGlad you you've stuck around all these years and still make contributions when I've seen sooooo many others bail. Cheers.
Everyone comes and goes, I get that, i've seen my fair share and...have done my fair share lol. I also "try" and make contributions - my attention span is worse then a cat with a laser pointer sometimes but these atleast I have a passion on making. Helps me keep focused.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

How about we do something about the obnoxious amount of signature images, and general big ass signatures, that require scrolling just to reach the next post?
Last edited by Mac Daddy MM on Sun Feb 20, 2022 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I shut off signatures. So amazing how pleasant and streamlined it makes the board.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

I'd gladly shut off sigs AND avatars due to bloated image sigs and avatars that force a LSD trip on me. I keep both on due to how I recognize people initially by avatar and sometimes people have topics or other boards in their sigs I use as a portable hotlink. I still think sometimes signatures are used creatively enough for me to warrant keeping them on.
As far as Suggestions go. I'd love the Comments and Suggestions to be its own root folder and have it broken down into sub-forums via context. Announcements, Comments ((Merged with Suggestions) and Submissions. Announcements is ALWAYS pinned to the top (aswell as having a hotlink within all sub-forums?) and has the bible of rules, regulations, announcements all pinned to the top. This sub-forum is also LOCKED to all but Mods except for a "discussion" on announcements if warranted that is available to be posted in the sub-forum thread.

/shrug Maybe im way to formal, but it might clear up some confusion and clutter in the threads as well as this sub-forum in particular. If you can beeline the process, it might be more readily read. We can also move all those old pinned stickies into these threads as well to consolidate everything into one.
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

This is an interesting idea. I'll look into it.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

Without going back through 10 pages of posts, has it been suggested that the Search function be tweaked so that it doesn't have a six-letter minimum? Looking for names like "Akira Kubo" or "Amane Misa" is impossible with said minimum...or is there a way to circumvent that?

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

H-Man wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:43 am Without going back through 10 pages of posts, has it been suggested that the Search function be tweaked so that it doesn't have a six-letter minimum? Looking for names like "Akira Kubo" or "Amane Misa" is impossible with said minimum...or is there a way to circumvent that?
You can abuse the advanced search with some wildcard characters thrown in, though it still might refuse you. The reason why I didn't change the filter is it returned WAY TOO many false positives if you really didn't play with search character such as + - and |. Something minor like MEchaGodzilla can return over a few thousand because its picking up "mech" or "ch" if you aren't savvy enough with special characters.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

H-Man wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:43 am Without going back through 10 pages of posts, has it been suggested that the Search function be tweaked so that it doesn't have a six-letter minimum? Looking for names like "Akira Kubo" or "Amane Misa" is impossible with said minimum...or is there a way to circumvent that?
I just use google search these days.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Who ever sub-forum'd the Media section. +1

CamtheGodzillafan
E.S.P.Spy

Post by CamtheGodzillafan »

Can we please let more images be valid for avatars, I can't find anything besides gifs that work.