English subtitles for Japanese King Kong Escapes DVD?

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Purzel2205
Samurai

English subtitles for Japanese King Kong Escapes DVD?

Post by Purzel2205 »

Hello,

I got the Japanese DVD of King Kong Escapes recently because I was curious about Tohos original version of the movie but the problem is I can't seem to find english subtitles for it.

I thought they would be easier to find since they are lots of bootleg releases of the japanese King Kong Escapes with english subtitles but I don't know if rebuying the movie from a bootlegger just for the subtitles would be worth it when I already own it. Can anybody help me out? :(
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Gigantis, the fire monster? I thought not. It's not a story the Toho studios would tell you...

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Re: English subtitles for Japanese King Kong Escapes DVD?

Post by Terasawa »

寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Purzel2205
Samurai

Post by Purzel2205 »

Terasawa wrote:Here you go.
Thank you so much!! :D
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Gigantis, the fire monster? I thought not. It's not a story the Toho studios would tell you...

Rickenbacker325
Young Farmer

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

I just recently received the excellent King Kong Escapes Blu-Ray from Japan...and I have the same issue as previously reported here...Could I trouble anybody for the English subtitle file for the Japanese version??

Thanks in advance

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Terasawa wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:21 pm Here you go.
Just curious, are the eng subs that have been around on bootlegs of KKE the same situation as KK v G (a mix of dubtitles and purely made up dialogue), or are they actually accurate?
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Rickenbacker325 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 6:16 am I just recently received the excellent King Kong Escapes Blu-Ray from Japan...and I have the same issue as previously reported here...Could I trouble anybody for the English subtitle file for the Japanese version??

Thanks in advance
Sorry about that, didn't realize the old link was down. This link should work.
o.supreme wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:15 pm Just curious, are the eng subs that have been around on bootlegs of KKE the same situation as KK v G (a mix of dubtitles and purely made up dialogue), or are they actually accurate?
Truthfully, I don't know. But, unless you know otherwise, I think it's wise to be skeptical of the bootleg subs from a certain Very Distinguished Kaiju-video-seller and others like it.

I do have the Toho DVD which has Japanese captions/subtitles but I haven't gotten around to ripping and comparing them to the English subs. I think Jet Faguar might be working on doing just that.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

dannydangle
Ronin

Post by dannydangle »

Thanks for sharing the subs, I just got the Japanese BD and was looking for the same thing. :)

Rickenbacker325
Young Farmer

Post by Rickenbacker325 »

Thanks very much...any subtitles are great right now!

canofhumdingers
EDF Instructor

Post by canofhumdingers »

So, how does one go about adding subs to a BD video stream? I remember there being a guide years ago for subbing your own dvd copies. Do you still use TsMuxer? Make an mkv and play it that way?

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

canofhumdingers wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:40 am So, how does one go about adding subs to a BD video stream? I remember there being a guide years ago for subbing your own dvd copies. Do you still use TsMuxer? Make an mkv and play it that way?
Make an MKV file, and use MKVToolNix to add streams (like subs). Make sure they’re in sync first, as each video release has slightly different timing.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

dbsp
Young Farmer

Post by dbsp »

Does anybody have the English subs from the user Terasawa from the post on May 18th, 2021? The Mediafire link is unfortunately down...