Kaiju Crescendo CD - Available March 17

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Tapkaara
Monarch Researcher

Kaiju Crescendo CD - Available March 17

Post by Tapkaara »

For those who could not attend the Kaiju Crescendo concert in Chicago in 2019, you'll be pleased to know that--FINALLY--the deluxe double-CD will be available at Amazon.com on March 17.

Kaiju Crescendo features the music of Akira Ifukube and Masaru Sato conducted by John DeSentis on disc one. On disc two, Michiru Oshima personally conducts her music from Godzilla films in addition to a brand-new work, Godzilla in Chicago (G in Chicago).

For those interested in picking up this great recording (I served as a producer), here is the Amazon link:

https://www.amazon.com/Kaiju-Crescendo- ... 109&sr=8-1
"Music should never show disdain for its audience."
- Akira Ifukube
My website, the OFFICIAL English language website about Akira Ifukube: http://www.akiraifukube.org

UltramanGoji

Re: Kaiju Crescendo CD - Available March 17

Post by UltramanGoji »

Excellent news! I missed my chance to attend this in 2019 and am glad it'll be available on CD. Any chance the Ifukube 100 and Symphonic Fury concerts will see a similar re-release soon? It appears the site to order CDs direct is down at the moment.

Tapkaara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Tapkaara »

UltramanGoji wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:03 pm Excellent news! I missed my chance to attend this in 2019 and am glad it'll be available on CD. Any chance the Ifukube 100 and Symphonic Fury concerts will see a similar re-release soon? It appears the site to order CDs direct is down at the moment.
Good question and I am not sure of how to order them myself. I'll see if I can get an answer for you.
- Akira Ifukube
My website, the OFFICIAL English language website about Akira Ifukube: http://www.akiraifukube.org

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Much appreciated!
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

The concert was an amazing experience, especially to see Oshima conducting her music. I'm looking forward to getting my CD copy.
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

goji1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by goji1986 »

Got my copy this weekend, it sounds amazing! I was so glad to be there when it was performed, Oshima’s G theme gave me chills!! Loved how she was intro’d.
PM me for Godzilla versus The Sea Monster Titra Dub HD reconstruction! BLURAY-READY EDITION NOW AVAILABLE!
(Former V2.0 still available as well)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5561

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster AIP Dub HD reconstruction COMPLETE!
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26132

Tapkaara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Tapkaara »

UltramanGoji wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:21 pm Much appreciated!
Email me at akira_ifukube_org@yahoo.com and I'll tell you what you can do to order Ifukube 100 and Symphonic Fury.
- Akira Ifukube

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

This is a most welcome surprise; I still have my Symphonic Fury CD; but I had all but forgotten about the latest concert, having not been to G-Fest myself. I'll surely be ordering this!