Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Voyager
Keizer

Re: Definitive: “How would you feel about X”

Post by Voyager »

How would you feel about Ghidorah’s manes and crescent horns coming back?
For Emperor and Empire!

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

They're a cool albeit insignificant detail. Would be neat, but I don't feel super strongly about it.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

LegendZilla wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:37 pm ^Okay, thanks. Here’s my bundle of “how would you feel” questions :

1. How would you feel if the Heisei series got a soft reboot starting with an entry that follows up upon the first 2 films, while ignoring the events of the 90’s films?

2. How would you feel if Toho set up its own streaming service?

3. How would you feel if Toho took advantage of Kong going full Public Domain in 2029 and turned him into a series regular alongside Mothra and a Ghidorah?

4. How would you feel if Toho made a live-action Godzilla TV series of their own if the Apple Streaming series is successful?
1. I'd like that.
2. I'd like that.
3. I'd like that.
4. I'd like that.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I’m here with another batch of questions

1. How would you feel if Shin Godzilla got a sequel was about the humanoids creatures rather than Godzilla himself

2. How would you feel if King Ghidorah win the Battle against Godzilla and destroys the earth.

3. How would you feel if Monsterverse revealed that Atlantis was a real place how did very advanced technology (like the Disney movie Atlantis) and lived aside with the Titans

4. How would you feel if future Godzilla movies use more real life tragic events to enhance the story.
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:56 pm 1. How would you feel if Shin Godzilla got a sequel was about the humanoids creatures rather than Godzilla himself
Intrigued, but cautious. I'd be much more interested in the creative team behind it and what they'd bring to the table in executing a Shin sequel rather than what was in the Shin sequel.
Thatguy4683 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:56 pm 2. How would you feel if King Ghidorah win the Battle against Godzilla and destroys the earth.
Utterly nothing as it doesn't make sense for Ghidorah to win and it would make for a pretty lousy ending.
Thatguy4683 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:56 pm 3. How would you feel if Monsterverse revealed that Atlantis was a real place how did very advanced technology (like the Disney movie Atlantis) and lived aside with the Titans
Annoyed at how contrived that would be.

Thatguy4683 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:56 pm 4. How would you feel if future Godzilla movies use more real life tragic events to enhance the story.
Extremely suspect. That's not something you can just willy-nilly throw around and mess with. There's societal consequences to using tragedy to enhance fiction in a poor manner. Shin, G54, and Cloverfield are good examples in the giant monster genre but I don't trust most big studios to handle it delicately.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:56 pm I’m here with another batch of questions

1. How would you feel if Shin Godzilla got a sequel was about the humanoids creatures rather than Godzilla himself

2. How would you feel if King Ghidorah win the Battle against Godzilla and destroys the earth.

3. How would you feel if Monsterverse revealed that Atlantis was a real place how did very advanced technology (like the Disney movie Atlantis) and lived aside with the Titans

4. How would you feel if future Godzilla movies use more real life tragic events to enhance the story.
1. It's an interesting idea. It could make a nice horror film.

2. I don't think that would be a good idea.

3. Gamera already did this.

4. I'm not sure. Some events might be touched on, like how Gojira mentions the contaminated tuna, but there are some wounds that still hurt. It could be seen as bad taste.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Cosbydaf wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:19 pm 1. What's the point of going back to Heisei, only to ignore almost all of it? Might as well just start from scratch.
That's like asking about the point of making a direct follow-up to G'54 when you're just gonna erase everything that followed. Look how much success doing just that brought the franchise over the years.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

WI: Heisei Gamera Trilogy was in the MonsterVerse?

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Couldn't decide whether to put this in the MonsterVerse section, fanfic section or this. Settled on this since the fanfic section only consists of stories. If an admin or mod doesn't consider this the right section go on ahead and move it then.

That said, I thought this would make for an interesting discussion. How do you think the events would go for both side of the franchises if the Heisei Gamera Trilogy was set in the same universe as the MonsterVerse?

Notably would Gamera and Godzilla have a history with one another given their similar roles as protectors? Would they be allies or fight at first before becoming so? Would they have a history with one another in the ancient past? Maybe they might even be enemies because Godzilla would sense that Gamera wasn't born naturally having been created by artificial means (Same with the Gyaos only for good reason unlike Gamera)? Would Gamera also have any association with Mothra and Kong's species?

Would Gamera awaken the same time as he did in the actual films or perhaps earlier or later (Notably by the time of the events of Godzilla 2014).

What role would the Heisei Gamera mythos have with the MonsterVerse lore?

Discuss.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Re: WI: Heisei Gamera Trilogy was in the MonsterVerse?

Post by Legion1979 »

Isn't there a thread in the general Toho discussion section for hypothetical thought exercises such as this?

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Legion1979 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:03 pm Isn't there a thread in the general Toho discussion section for hypothetical thought exercises such as this?
If that's the case then. Let an admin or mod perhaps move it there.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:04 pm
Legion1979 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:03 pm Isn't there a thread in the general Toho discussion section for hypothetical thought exercises such as this?
If that's the case then. Let an admin or mod perhaps move it there.
Done.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Back again With another bash of questions.

1. how would you feel if King Ghidorah how to roar that is very similar to a hyena laugh

2. If a Skull Island Survival game was made what era do you think would fit best.

3. How would you feel if the MCU and Monsterverse made a crossover movie.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

1) No

2) What?

and

3) Why?

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:35 pm 2) What?
You were to make a survival game that takes place on skull island, what universe do you think would fit best, either The original 1933 universe,The Peter Jackson Universe, or The Monsterverse

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

MCU should not ever touch the MV. Keep both to themselves pls, they're both doing so well.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:49 pm Back again With another bash of questions.

1. how would you feel if King Ghidorah how to roar that is very similar to a hyena laugh

2. If a Skull Island Survival game was made what era do you think would fit best.

3. How would you feel if the MCU and Monsterverse made a crossover movie.
1. Cool idea, if a minor one.

2. Monsterverse, naturally. But honestly, the idea of Monsterverse's Skull Island filtered through Showa would be cool.

3. Its unlikely to say the least. Honestly, a DC crossover would be way more feasible and equally awesome

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent
Location: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, and occasionally Brossard, Quebec and Chicago, Illinois

Post by Al Diplodocus »

But for another of my own....

1. HWYFA a French director doing Godzilla and France co-producing the movie in question?
2. A film that puts more emphasis on the God in Godzilla by making him an actual god's reincarnation?
3. if Disney had gotten the film rights to the franchise in the 90's instead of Sony?
4. More mammalian and avian kaiju in the franchise?
Last edited by Al Diplodocus on Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

4. I'd like to see more diversity in the kaiju. There are several mammals I can think of that would make great kaiju material, and a kaiju based on a cassowary could be a good enemy for Godzilla or Kong.

My own little questions.
1. What about having a giant human in a future film? It doesn't have to be Frank, but showing how a human would deal with suddenly becoming more Titan that man, and perhaps how the Titans would react.

2. How about a sequel to GMK, where fish have become bigger and dangerous because of eating pieces of Godzilla's flesh?
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Al Diplodocus
Interpol Agent

Post by Al Diplodocus »

edgaguirus wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:13 pm My own little questions.
1. What about having a giant human in a future film? It doesn't have to be Frank, but showing how a human would deal with suddenly becoming more Titan that man, and perhaps how the Titans would react.

2. How about a sequel to GMK, where fish have become bigger and dangerous because of eating pieces of Godzilla's flesh?
1. What do you mean, future?
But yeah, I'd say yeah to that. Same for 2.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

What If...? (MonsterVerse)

Dagon had lived?