Fan-Made Kaiju Redesign Thread

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: Best and Worst Kaiju Redesigns

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

I don't actually have much an issue with this. Just reduce the thickness of the tail or add some tummy weight and it's guaranteed to look a lot less jarring.
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArtMaker
Interpol Agent

Post by ArtMaker »

Guess all the body shaming over the years finally got to him.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Anorexic, ugly mammal face, weirdly thick tail. Not a fan.
For Emperor and Empire!

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Post by Executive Hamster »

I actually quite like the spines and the tail. Everything else just doesn't feel powerful enough for Godzilla. There are things I like about the face, but his eyes look too far forward and too sad looking.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Shame. I love this design, and I'm a big fan of the Oni/Yokai inspirations for the face.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

JNewbold54
GPN Volunteer

Post by JNewbold54 »

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Pretty good, if not a little simplified. Wish fewer people slept on Megagurius, I actually quite like the monster.

Kaijuboi
Yojimbo

Post by Kaijuboi »

Executive Hamster wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:27 pm Pretty good, if not a little simplified. Wish fewer people slept on Megagurius, I actually quite like the monster.
i plan on doing megaguirus in the near future
with a showa like design like what quinn red did for monster march

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

If this had significantly more bulk and a thinner tail, it would be pretty awsome.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I post my Godzilla redesign here, but since this got it deleted I’ll reposted it

Do you have any criticisms on this design?
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Executive Hamster
Gotengo Officer

Head shape is too much like a tyrannosaurus, limbs are too thin and weird looking. His tail feels too thin and rat like. The dorsal plates are a bit on the small side. Otherwise its just a bit of an odd design.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Interesting. Has a bit of a weasel-like quality to it.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Introducing this really nice biomechanical Mechagodzilla I found on Twitter. The second image is said to be it self-repairing after a fierce battle with Godzilla.
By シン・鎧のとかげ

VOID GHIDORAH
Monsterland Worker

Post by VOID GHIDORAH »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:47 am Introducing this really nice biomechanical Mechagodzilla I found on Twitter. The second image is said to be it self-repairing after a fierce battle with Godzilla.
By シン・鎧のとかげ
Badass!

The one thing I’d change is the tail- I think it should be longer.

RandomNerd
Yojimbo

Post by RandomNerd »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:47 am Introducing this really nice biomechanical Mechagodzilla I found on Twitter. The second image is said to be it self-repairing after a fierce battle with Godzilla.
By シン・鎧のとかげ
This feels like a good usage of the “mecha G is built by and from aliens” concept. I wish there would be another movie where mecha G’s origins are similar to the Showa era mecha G. So much potential just lying there. :Mechagodzilla74:

Added in 25 minutes 27 seconds:
Thatguy4683 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:41 pm I post my Godzilla redesign here, but since this got it deleted I’ll reposted it

Do you have any criticisms on this design?
The tail being in the air is something that bothers me about this design. It feels weightless. I’d also suggest making it beefier. As for the arms, it’s a bit of the same issue, it needs a bit of muscle. This character has always used predominantly his arms when it came to physical combat so not only should the arms have some muscle but the head itself has no reason to look like a tyrannosaurid. Your design also seems to either have no upper teeth or an underbite. And finally the legs are awfully tiny looking which just looks off.

Other than that I think you have potential to make this design more ideal if these criticisms are taken into acccount.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

RandomNerd wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:10 pm [Thatguy]{I post my Godzilla redesign here, but since this got it deleted I’ll reposted it

Do you have any criticisms on this design?}

The tail being in the air is something that bothers me about this design. It feels weightless. I’d also suggest making it beefier. As for the arms, it’s a bit of the same issue, it needs a bit of muscle. This character has always used predominantly his arms when it came to physical combat so not only should the arms have some muscle but the head itself has no reason to look like a tyrannosaurid. Your design also seems to either have no upper teeth or an underbite. And finally the legs are awfully tiny looking which just looks off.

Other than that I think you have potential to make this design more ideal if these criticisms are taken into acccount.
Executive Hamster wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 11:19 pm Head shape is too much like a tyrannosaurus, limbs are too thin and weird looking. His tail feels too thin and rat like. The dorsal plates are a bit on the small side. Otherwise its just a bit of an odd design.
Thanks to you both of your criticisms I edited my drawing of my Godzilla redesign
So here’s my Godzilla redesign 2.0
Image do you have more criticisms?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:34 pm Thanks to you both of your criticisms I edited my drawing of my Godzilla redesign
Better, but the limbs still look a tad gangly and the dorsal spines still a bit small, imo.

Added in 1 minute 11 seconds:
By シン・鎧のとかげ
Something about the combination of the Showa design and a fucking shark makes this so badass!
For Emperor and Empire!

NickMockoviak
GPN Volunteer

Post by NickMockoviak »

Thanks to you both of your criticisms I edited my drawing of my Godzilla redesign
I would suggest starting your drawing off with basic shapes to construct your drawing. Use an oval or circle for the head, cylinders for the arms, legs, and tail, and a "jellybean" shape for the body. Get your big shapes down so you have a map of how and where to go with your work. Add details on top of that. This will help give your drawing some weight and depth.
Last edited by NickMockoviak on Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

[]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJyCVh2UYAE ... =4096x4096[/]
[]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FJyCXx2UUAI ... =4096x4096[/]
By シン・鎧のとかげ
That's honestly pretty awesome. Reminds me of a modern take of the unused Berserk monster.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

RandomNerd
Yojimbo

Post by RandomNerd »

I’m not sure how to post images on this site yet and I want to post a design I’ve made. The link might not be valid but here it goes https://aggie.io/api/share/8c3f4f6740.png