Battle of the Multiverse Hub

A place to play and organize role playing games on the forums with others. "Mafia" games welcome.
Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Re: Battle of the Multiverse Hub

Post by Corzak The Mighty »

Okay, I think that was the most awesome post in the entire RPG, G165. Absolutely phenomenal work.
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread
Clash of Gods (Shin Gojira vs Legendary Godzilla story, completed)

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

That’s super kind of you, Corzak, thanks so much, man! That really means a lot :D!

And Happy late New Year to everyone as well, I hope 2022 proves to be a great one for all of us! 3 years with the Multiverse crew!

#BotM

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

Godzilla165 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:07 pmAlso also, I hope you can rest up and make a full recovery, BB! I’m keeping you in my thoughts!
<3

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

Hey guys, so Obbs, MBG, and I discussed it, and we amended our most recent posts to have Tengri die to Koko instead. The edited sections should be visible now thanks to our bud Gira.
MDK wrote:I wish my movies about dinosaurs brought back to life with mosquitos in amber for a theme park were realistic.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 18&t=29237 The Crimson Shadow redux sign-up and discussion thread

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Damn, RIP to blue boi King of Kings. You may have been a tyrannical, egotistical psychopath... But you were our tyrannical, egotistical psychopath :cry:.

#BotM

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

Not even taken out by one of the guys he was targeting. That stings.

Also, here in G165's we have a great example of The Other displaying what's natural... lurking around. Wonder if Tiamat somehow knows that he's been forced to cohabitate with another god who goes a-creeping?

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

EdGojira wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:13 pm Not even taken out by one of the guys he was targeting. That stings.
I think that's part of the beauty of Tengri's narrative. Despite the massive ego, he's little more than a means to an end in the grand scheme of things, a way for Raspaganje to get himself free from his imprisonment. Even before that he simply was an extension of Sutekh's will, and Tengri was always overshadowed by the larger more dangerous players. And in the end, everything he tried to get was yanked away from him. His plans and ambitions, ruined when Raspaganje no longer saw any use for him, and his dream of a final 1v1 with Ubel, robbed away as ultimately, Tengri ends up as the ultimate loser in how fate and the cosmos have played out.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

At least he was slain by someone he did see as a worthy opponent and not just a plain ol' mook or something. #voljinbrokenshoreneverforget

Or at least, Korraz started off as someone he saw as an interesting foe. He was amused by her turning his storm against him. By the end, he wasn't so much amused with her.
Last edited by Beast Blood on Fri Jan 07, 2022 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

Don't get me wrong, I like Tengri and the way he got taken out. Anyone remember that time Jake shared a bit of power with the Quatheral and one kneecapped Tengri with it? It's very thematically fitting with how he was constantly taken down a peg and Korraz is honestly a much more badass way to go out than some alternative ways. I was just making a little joke.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I also think that Tengri going out by way of Koko is much more poetic than had say, Ubel done it. Korraz isn't a mook by any means, it just fits in with Tengri's spree of bad luck throughout the entire RP, imo. Ubel not seeing Tengri as an actual rival just lends more credence to his several week, to month long bad day lol.

#BotM

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

Godzilla165 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:21 amI also think that Tengri going out by way of Koko is much more poetic than had say, Ubel done it.
I considered finishing him off by smashing him beneath his own throne (as symbolism for his own hubris ultimately doing him in) or just having Koko stomp him flat (squashing him like a bug to show he was nowhere near as godly as his ego made it seem), but both those options came off as a bit comical-looking in my mind. The spear was truly the best way for him to go - his own weapon turned against him by a creature he considered inferior.
Ubel not seeing Tengri as an actual rival just lends more credence to his several week, to month long bad day lol.
Koko didn't have any particular beef with him either. He was just another threat she had to stop to keep her home safe. She'll dust off her coat and go maul the next one after some tea; it's all in a day's work for her. The only foes she did have something personal going on with was Persy (who betrayed her or something?) and Miyoshi, who killed lots of animals and people and harassed a girl Koko had adopted while she tried to get her back home. She doesn't tend to feel particularly strongly towards any villain she comes across.
Last edited by Beast Blood on Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Finally got my post in. Keyboard issues have been a pain in the ass...

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

Boy do I know about keyboard problems. And looks like Mulek is trying to scare Herc away. Don't tempt him. Remember he flaked on his last fight with an omnicidal, almighty maniac. :lol:

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

EdGojira wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:16 pm Boy do I know about keyboard problems. And looks like Mulek is trying to scare Herc away. Don't tempt him. Remember he flaked on his last fight with an omnicidal, almighty maniac. :lol:
Not so much scaring him as making certain everyone is resolved in going into this fight by knowing exactly what they are up against, which for Mulek is an improvement over how she was at the start of the RP, an arrogant "I am better than everyone" hothead who got deflated and brought down to earth by Fraybug and then Miyoshi.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

Giratina93 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:21 pm
EdGojira wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:16 pm Boy do I know about keyboard problems. And looks like Mulek is trying to scare Herc away. Don't tempt him. Remember he flaked on his last fight with an omnicidal, almighty maniac. :lol:
Not so much scaring him as making certain everyone is resolved in going into this fight by knowing exactly what they are up against, which for Mulek is an improvement over how she was at the start of the RP, an arrogant "I am better than everyone" hothead who got deflated and brought down to earth by Fraybug and then Miyoshi.
I'm just joking around. Honestly, Jake would probably be doing a very similar thing to what Mulek is right now. Really shows the character progression here. Wish I could have done the story with Hercules in such a clean way.

Beast Blood
G-Force Personnel

Post by Beast Blood »

Korraz further burns Tengri by being a sarcastic jerk, while Hod helps her cause he's a guud burdh.

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Heroic Hod saving the day, love the fella
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

Turns out, backstabbing and killing off those who willingly work for you means no one is going to want to work for you.

Corzak The Mighty
EDF Instructor

hey, you can't go wrong with a good bird!

MinorBone Good
G-Force Personnel

Post by MinorBone Good »

Corzak The Mighty wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:49 pm hey, you can't go wrong with a good bird!
Cthelee: *Happy chirps/gurgle sounds*
Current Quatheral Population: 600!
Current Quatheral's Perfected: 283!
The Quatheral Wiki!: https://quatheral.fandom.com/wiki/Quatheral_Wiki
The Quatheral Voices!:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSRtkOo-Lhs

PM me if you wanna join my Discord to see the updates about Quatheral!