Top 10 Kaiju That You Want to Make a Return

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Top 10 Kaiju That You Want to Make a Return

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Pretty simple topic, I'd say. Another series is already on the horizon and the franchise doesn't look like it has any plans to go on hiatus. And each series has been ressurecting some old faces we haven't seen in years (and decades for others). So what are your Top 10 most wanted returning kaiju. For fairness, we'll just set a rule that the said monster can't have made an appearance since Ultraman X.

Mine:

1. Lunatyx: Originally from Ultraman Ace, he had an episode in Mebius back in 2006, a very brief role in Ultra Galaxy and was a mook in Ultra Fight Victory. I think Lunatyx is due another return and with TPC's updated effects, they could do wonders with his strange appearance and bizarre, explosive eyeball powers.
2. Gudis: The big bad of Ultraman: Towards the Future in the early 90s. I'd usually say there's no chance, but with Powered Dada of all things coming back for Trigger, I guess anything is possible. His cells were a part of the recent Ultra Galaxy Fight, the actual monster did not make an appearance... yet.
3. Bogun: If Gudis returns, he's going to need a mutation spawned from his alien cells. Who's better than Bogun, one of the weirdest monsters in Ultraman Great's gallery of kaiju.
4. Geronimon: How this has not happened in 50+ years, I do not know. But he did the whole "resurrecting an undead monster army" decades before Belial was ever conceived. He is well beyond his time to return.
5. Goldras: The fact he hasn't returned for Trigger and has had an under-utilized, King Goldras suit in storage since Superior 8 Ultraman over a decade ago... Annoys me greatly.
6. Silvagon: Yeah, he's virtually the Heisei era's Red King, but damn his design is awesome and he has a King suit laying around somewhere, which hasn't been seen since Ultra Fight Zero way back when. Like Goldras, the fact he hasn't returned for Trigger is a damn shame.
7. Basara: Originally from Ultraman Taro, Basara is one of the few kaiju I'd love to see return from his show. There's not nearly enough plant monsters walking around, and with his supernatural elements, he could make a very unique, modern day Halloween/Horror-themed episode.
8. Mechagillas: One of my favorite of 80s monsters, Mechagillas could be either a monster of the week or get a "reinvention" he same way TPC has done with Narse and King Joe in Trigger and Z respectfully. I just like his design and phasing powers.
9. Silverbloome: With TPC's modern camera work and CGI effects mixed with practical, this could be a wicked thing to see return.
10. Sakuna Oni: I love this guy. His design, origin, powers... Could be the feature of a very cool Horror episode for any future series if done right.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Re: Top 10 Kaiju That You Want to Make a Return

Post by daveblackeye15 »

I really like Blackend's look and the Gilas Brothers are kinda neat henchmen kaiju.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

No specific order but...

1. Jirass (I mean if TPC can bring back Gomess and change it enough to be "not Godzilla", I think they could do Jirass as well.
2.Dodongo (I like Dragons) ;)
3.Jeronimon (has the Monster King ever returned?)
4. Gunder (cool design from Ultraseven)
5.Red and Black Gilas from Ultraman Leo
6.*I'd love TPC to create a suit from any of the monster from *The Ultraman* animated series
7 King of Mons from the Ultraman Gaia Movie
8. *Any of the Kaiju from Ultraman Great*
9. King Myra (via CGI) from Ultraman the Adventure Begins
10. Nagira from the Ultra Q Movie (such an awesome design!)
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

More Muruchi is always good.
Agreed on Nagira but I think only under certain circumstances.
I'd really like some kind of expanded role for Guardie also.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

1.Gabora (I know he's showing up in Shin Ultraman but I think the movie could be a good passing of the torch between him and Neronga, who has been showing up frequently since Mebius and could use a break.
2. Geronimon
3. Keylla
4. Alien Godola
5. Dinosaur Tank
6. Sartan
7. Alien Mysteler
8. Alien Hippirito
9. Jumbo King
10. Astromons

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

[deleted]
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:18 pm All right here we go
1. Destoroyah
2.Anguirus
3.Gigan
4.Hedorah
5.Matango
6.Dogora
7.King Caeser
8.Battra
9.Gamera
10.Gyaos
You realize what part of the forum you are in, yes?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:48 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:18 pm [deleted]
You realize what part of the forum you are in, yes?
No
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

My boys Doragory and Muruchi. Preferably together. Maybe we get references to their confrontation in Ace…
For Emperor and Empire!

Southern Mammoth
Ronin

Post by Southern Mammoth »

1: Alien Bell
2: Reconstructed Pandon
3: Silverbloom
4: Silvergon
5: Bogarl
6: Firemons
7: Gokinezula