Godzilla Filius Sucks

Discuss and analyze various feats!
Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Godzilla Filius Sucks

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Godzilla Filius sucks. He legit sucks. Everything about him sucks. Now I'm not talking about the much larger, 300-meter Godzilla Earth. Nor am I talking about Earth's pre-300-meter form, however, if it is anything like Filius... I really can't see how it would have brought humanity to the brink. I never read the prequel novels, but I've also always been iffy on utilizing non-film material in debates for fantasy fights.

So straight off the bat, regeneration? Like most Godzillas, Filius does have regeneration. However, it isn't Godly. It can be taxed and is taxed (more on that in a bit). It's hard to exactly nail down how effective it is, but it can't be much more than G2K's that healed larger wounds from full metal missiles pretty quickly. This is his one, main strong suit.

… But the shield, MM!!??

Yeah, the shield. The shield he needs to activate. And a shield he can only keep activated for about 20 seconds before dropping it and being forced to reset it. And once its down, he is exposed (more on that in a bit too). The shield tanked conventional firepower twice, but we never see it really tank anything impressive. Would it even work on other kaiju attacks, or even hand-to-hand attacks? Considering the mech suits were able to land on Godzilla while the shield was up... That seems to be a no, meaning he's doomed in any hand-to-hand battle (more on why coming up).

His atomic breath is mediocre at best. Filius doesn't do anything outright note worthy for a Godzilla beam (unlike Earth). The beam even fails to destroy a fleeing transport ship and instead only damaged its rear. The explosions generated by the beam are rather small and non-impressive, which is common for many Godzilla beams. HOWEVER, unlike almost every other Godzilla, Filius can not constantly fire it. It is charged, fired, and then over in a second. He does not sweep it or focus it on targets. The strength of the beam would not be strong enough to harm most kaiju and, at best, would simply annoy heavy hitters and beam spammy kaiju.

Strength? For a Godzilla, he is weak. He gets half-buried and trapped by what amounts to a rock slide. Compare this to monsters, and even other Godzillas, that regularly manhandle their opponents and throw them around. Most monsters wouldn't be stuck in that predicament for more than a few seconds, let alone the amount of time Filius was.

I don't think I need to bring up how slow, and thus completely incapable at close quarter combat, Filius is. It's rare for me to say Monster X is a better hand-to-hand fighter... But damn it, man. Monster X would FLOOR Filius in every way.

Annnnd finally. Durability. Here we go. Get through the shield. Shrug off the beam. And start your attack... Because Filius is tissue paper. When the shield went down and the attacks started to hit, the spines were blasted apart by what amounted to conventional tank fire. He might regenerate his wounds and his shield will pop up again, but just keep at it. Someone like SpaceGodzilla or Heisei Godzilla would legit carve this guy up. When the mech units deployed the EMP probes, they were just stabbed into his flesh without any resistance. Even a typical melee fighter like Gigan would have him torn apart in little time.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Breakdown
Keizer

Re: Godzilla Filius Sucks

Post by Breakdown »

If I recall, it required a specific counter-frequency to disable his shield. And the weapons that blasted apart his dorsal plates were railguns, who's projectiles can reach a speed of 3 km/s by modern-day standards, and presumably the ones in the Anime trilogy are more advanced given that they're mounted on virtually everything.

Also Earth's pre-20,000 year form was demonstrably stronger than Filius. The feats for the novels line up with what we see in the film, given that we literally see the crater Earth reduced Mt. Fuji to with a single blast, so melting the Himalayas or even destroying whole cities in 1 shot is not out of the realm of possibilities at that point. His standard beam was unable to hurt Anime Gigan who's nanometal composition was able to repair him literally instantly, and so Earth used a supercharged version to 1-shot him. Which brings me to Filius's beam: it's possible with the previous point in mind that Filius can control the power output of his beam. The reason he didn't use the city-killing type is probably because it was unnecessary. Remember Earth had been fighting other kaiju and humanity for years, whereas Filius got killed in his first battle. It could be that Filius is a literal inexperienced noob who doesn't know how to use his powers.

Or it could be that Filius is indeed simply inferior to Earth? Just some points I thought I'd bring up.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

If I recall, it required a specific counter-frequency to disable his shield.
The frequency was for the probes that were jammed into his body. They were specifically designed to counter the shield's, thus causing him to explode. The shield itself was activated by the tanks and then dropped after twenty seconds, they were literally watching for it to drop to implant the probes.
And the weapons that blasted apart his dorsal plates were railguns, who's projectiles can reach a speed of 3 km/s by modern-day standards, and presumably the ones in the Anime trilogy are more advanced given that they're mounted on virtually everything.
We can argue how powerful *REAL* rail guns are all day. But the weapons deployed in the film are clearly no more powerful than your typical tanks in any given kaiju movie. They don't generate any note worthy or impressive explosions or cause any sort of note worthy damage to the environment when they miss their target.
Remember Earth had been fighting other kaiju and humanity for years, whereas Filius got killed in his first battle. It could be that Filius is a literal inexperienced noob who doesn't know how to use his powers.
A valid point, but it still doesn't explain the unimpressive durability Filius shows in the battle when he loses the shield. As I said, the probes simply get stabbed into his body without any real resistance.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijuking101 »

Finally someone who understands how inferior Filius is to Earth. Even the 50 meter Earth is leagues above Filius.
Ultraman Dyna wrote: “Nobody knows your future. Do you know why? That's because the future is for you to make”
Kenzaki Kazuma wrote: "I will fight fate...and win."

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Does this mean Filius gets clowned on by other Gojis?
For Emperor and Empire!

Kaijuking101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijuking101 »

Voyager wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:45 am Does this mean Filius gets clowned on by other Gojis?
Yes, yes he does.
Ultraman Dyna wrote: “Nobody knows your future. Do you know why? That's because the future is for you to make”
Kenzaki Kazuma wrote: "I will fight fate...and win."