Random facts about you

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Re: Random facts about you

Post by Leviarex »

As of today, the Creature From The Black Lagoon is my computer's desktop image.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

When I was 16, I had the privilege of riding an African Elephant at the Southwick Zoo in Massachusetts.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I singlehandedly (exaggeration) got Pokémon cards banned at my primary school. There was a black market and I was the ‘kingpin’ of sorts. Made quite the fortune.
Last edited by Voyager on Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Voyager wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:23 am I singlehandedly (exaggeration) got Pokémon cards banned at my primary school. There was a black market and I was the ‘kingpin’ of sorts. Made quite the fortune.
Damn. And here I thought dealing weed was a moneymaker.... I should have brought the Charizards and Pika Pikas.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

When I was a little kid I was obsessed with drawing dinosaurs.
For Emperor and Empire!

Creola
Ronin

Post by Creola »

-I write for fun and oftentimes get lost in my own writing, I find writing to be the one thing I am good at.
-I've been told I act older than I am.
-I have Aspergers but I am well-adjusted.
-I want to be an actor.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

-The town I'm now living in provides (at least on clear enough days) a spectacular view of the Rocky Mountains.

-I absolutely hated most of the school assemblies I had to attend during Middle School.

-I've been on a bit of a nostalgia kick lately by watching old Fox Kids and Kids WB commercials, these two sets being prime examples:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu3fum6zD7s&t=2s

In the case of the Fox Kids one, that happened to be the exact channel I was watching at the time being a Rhode Island resident and all.
Last edited by Leviarex on Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

A few that're appropriate for the current month:

-I consider Hammer's 'The Mummy' from 1959 to be the absolute best Mummy film.

-Aside from certain Ray Harryhausen films, I consider Ridley Scott's 'Legend' to be the most fitting fantasy movie to watch during October.

-Further more on Harryhausen, I think the giant walrus from 'Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger' is one of his more underrated creature creations.

-I own full size movie posters of 'Godzilla 1985', 'Fright Night', and 'THEM!'.
Last edited by Leviarex on Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

The smell of coffee makes me nauseous. Even the beans. I absolutely hate walking down the coffee aisle at the store.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

I first saw 'King Kong' 33 in its entirety on PBS in 2002.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I was nearly mauled by a Dingo on a holiday.
For Emperor and Empire!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Voyager wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:11 pm I was nearly mauled by a Dingo on a holiday.
That has got to be the most Aussie fucking thing I've ever read.....

Thank you.

But did the dingo ate a baby?
Last edited by goji89 on Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Decided to do a challenge of watching 52 movies that came out this year.

Just have two more to go.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Had an argument about furries today.
For Emperor and Empire!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

When I was younger. Killer creature flicks like Lake Placid and Anaconda are the reasons why I actually used to believe crocodiles and anacondas could get that big.

Regarding the latter. That movie is the reason why I always thought anacondas were the only predators to jaguars. Since then I now know it's actually the other way around that it's the jaguars that eat anacondas.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

When I was young (let's just say pre-10) I was big into birds and would go out looking for new ones. I had this book about all the known birds in Australia, and I'd tick off the ones I'd seen. Thing is, I literally ticked off their profile inside the book with a bright blue ballpoint pen.
For Emperor and Empire!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Godzilla vs. Kong is one of those films where despite having so many flaws with it, I still enjoy. I probably admit this most likely has to do with being a bias hardcore kaiju fan especially of Godzilla.
Spoiler:
Notably:

-Movie feeling like it was two plots mashed together and said subplots easily could have been their own separate movies saved for Godzilla 3 and Kong 2.
-Barely being a Vs. film focusing more on said subplots.
-Most of the human characters suck except for Jia and Dr. Ilene Andrews and Nathan Lind are decent at the very least.
-Some of the attempts at humor such as the joke about bleach or the day is saved when whiskey was poured over the control panel.
-Couldn't get into the Godzilla subplot. That's where the worst human characters came from. I couldn't stand Bernie and Josh and Madison who came off as more unlikable and ****** seemed to have developed an ego and condescending.
-Ren Serizawa's character being reduced to a literal background character, the son of one of the most important characters in this franchise (Dr. Serizawa).
-Main human villain was a cardboard nobody.
-The whole King Ghidorah-Mechagodzilla thing. Comes too much off as Zod-Doomsday all over again. Probably wouldn't have as much an issue with it if this along with the APEX conspiracy and Mechagodzilla were saved for Godzilla 3 instead. Even then I think doing Mecha-King Ghidorah like in the Heisei series would have been a better choice instead and then for a future movie have metal remains be conducted into Mechagodzilla.

I had no issue with the team-up but wish the movie would have just focused on their fight and saved that for a later movie. Do appreciate the execution of how it was done though as even though they acknowledge each other, they're still not exactly allies as they part ways.

What I did like though was.

-The fights between Godzilla and Kong as well as when they're on-screen.
-The hollow earth (Even though this all should've been saved for Kong 2, my ideal version of the film would have it only being shown at the end like in the actual film).
-I really enjoyed and got a kick out of the Kong subplot.
-The character arc and development Kong got in the film notably that even though Godzilla won the fight, Kong won everyone's heart.
-The very fact the opening of the film is that of Shrek (2001), something I actually never would have expected in such a film. Given one of the writers was Terry Rossio, that probably doesn't come off as surprising.

So though Adam Wingard delivered better than I expected I still felt he wasn't the right choice and they should've chosen a better director IMO.
Feel free to disagree. I can also understand why some folks might have not liked it at all.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:33 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I don’t know what the hell is a opinion anymore, like some people said liking things subjective is ok and objective sometimes doesn’t matter then some people will said objective only matters and throw subjective out the window. I just don’t what is a opinion anymore

Leviarex
JXSDF Technician

Post by Leviarex »

-Since last year, 'Batman Returns' has been on my list of top ten favorite Christmas movies.

-I don't care for 'Krampus' anymore.

-To me, the best straight adaptation of 'A Christmas Carol' is the 1984 one with George C. Scott. On that note, the scenes with the Ghost of Christmas Furure terrified me as a young kid, and as a kid, I thought that the screeching music were noises that he made.

-20 years ago, this month (when I was in 7th grade) I was suspended for three days because of a fight in the locker room. But I took consolation in the fact that the higher ups were sympathetic/empathetic towards me, the s.o.b. who started it was also suspended, and it meant an extra three days of Christmas Vacation.

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

One of my dogs may or may not have the nickname "Mini MUTO".
He Jock it Made of Steel