Jurassic World Evolution

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Voddak
Ronin

Re: Jurassic World Evolution

Post by Voddak »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:50 am
Voddak wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:15 am Mmmm yes. I wonder if there are any cephalopods you can obtain. Would make for some interesting battles.
Just appears to be aquatic and flying reptiles (Mosasaurus, Plesiosaurus, Ichthyosaurus, Pteranodon and Quetzalcoatlus, if the leaks are correct).
Oh I see

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I think they are gonna keep the hybrids with some new to this new game, I still sorry about saying the same complaint over and over again

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Game Informer got to play for a half-hour of Evolution 2. While the review is yet to come, they have revealed some information on Twitter.

- All buildings and attractions will be customisable.
- Aviarys are their own enclosure and can be customised.
- There is no skin system like in Evolution. Instead there are 12 patterns and 7 colours spread across all species, making for 84 skin variations in total.
- Multiple dinos of the same species can be released from a hatchery at the same time.
- Dinosaurs will group up and form territories. Predators will work in packs in order to take out larger prey, with improved combat mechanics from the original Evolution.
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

MoarCrossovers wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:21 pm Game Informer got to play for a half-hour of Evolution 2. While the review is yet to come, they have revealed some information on Twitter.

- There is no skin system like in Evolution. Instead there are 12 patterns and 7 colours spread across all species, making for 84 skin variations in total.
- Multiple dinos of the same species can be released from a hatchery at the same time.
- Dinosaurs will group up and form territories. Predators will work in packs in order to take out larger prey, with improved combat mechanics from the original Evolution.
I wonder what people will complain about now?
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:58 pm
MoarCrossovers wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:21 pm Game Informer got to play for a half-hour of Evolution 2. While the review is yet to come, they have revealed some information on Twitter.

I wonder what people will complain about now?
Fake, the kind of placated fandom you're talking about simply is…it's not possible. If there is one thing the history of the Jurassic Park fandom has taught us it's that complaints will not be contained. Fan bitching breaks free, it expands to new forums and crashes through fandom barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously, but, uh…well, there it is.

RIP Evan.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

That really does sound promising, I can’t wait until this game comes out

Godzillakuj94
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzillakuj94 »

Some confirmed dinos on top of all of that
Acrocanthosaurus
Allosaurus
Amargasaurs
Ankylosaurus
Baryonyx
Brachiosaurus
Camarasaurus
Nasutoceratops
Pteranaodon
Stegosaurus
Triceratops
Tyrannosaurus Rex

SoggyNoodles2016

Godzillakuj94 wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:09 pm Some confirmed dinos on top of all of that
Acrocanthosaurus
Allosaurus
Amargasaurs
Ankylosaurus
Baryonyx
Brachiosaurus
Camarasaurus
Nasutoceratops
Pteranaodon
Stegosaurus
Triceratops
Tyrannosaurus Rex
So with Mosasaurus, Coelophysis, and Velociraptor (believed it was mentioned in his demo), that's at least 15 of the 75 confirmed.

RIP Evan.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I loved the OG, and I think this’ll top it.
Last edited by Voyager on Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Here is the aforementioned interview.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2021/06/21 ... ssion=true
Platypus Prime wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm I realized today that thanks to a few animations and manga she's appeared in, Biollante is an anime girl.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

Herbivores no longer need feeders to eat. Now all we need is for predators to only hunt when they are hungry and we will be set to make full on dinosaur preservations! Without the breeding, but hey, it's a marked improvement over JWE (which I already loved)!
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I really just wish it was full on JPOG levels of dinosaur combat freedom.
Last edited by Voyager on Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

This game will have to be a major improvement across the board over its predecessor if it wants my money. Don't give me another rushed, primitive tie-in, I won't buy it. I want a proper park simulator that can stand up with the likes of Planet Zoo. Maybe with a less irritating path tool, though.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/f ... VE6r93zO9k

Lots of good stuff in here

Added in 1 minute 9 seconds:
Voyager wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:04 pm I really just wish it was full on JPOG levels of dinosaur combat freedom.
I really wish people would take off their nostalgia goggles for JPOG. The combat is atrocious in that game. Literally either standing in place and taking turns smacking each other, or dinosaurs running around in circles.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:58 am
Voyager wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:04 pm I really just wish it was full on JPOG levels of dinosaur combat freedom.
I really wish people would take off their nostalgia goggles for JPOG. The combat is atrocious in that game. Literally either standing in place and taking turns smacking each other, or dinosaurs running around in circles.
I more meant hunting, but I didn’t mean to piss in your cereal. Not everything is an insult. I’ve never even played JPOG before.
Last edited by Voyager on Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Voyager wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:42 pm
gottatalktothefake wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:58 am
I more meant hunting, but I didn’t mean to piss in your cereal. Not everything is an insult. I’ve never even played JPOG before.
Wasn’t meant to be at you in particular, as someone with countless hours in JPOG I’m really sick of the AI being claimed to be great nonsense. How a community can post memes about how the dinos die of thirst in the middle of lakes and post about how great their AI is at the same time is mind boggling to me.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:58 am standing in place and taking turns smacking each other
So Operation Genesis's combat was just Evolution 1's combat but older?
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:36 pm
gottatalktothefake wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:58 am standing in place and taking turns smacking each other
No, no no, my friend! You see in JWE… they’re locked in place.
For Emperor and Empire!

SoggyNoodles2016

Voyager wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:49 pm
Cryptid_Liker wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:36 pm
No, no no, my friend! You see in JWE… they’re locked in place.

....bud, you have seen the death duels in JPOG, yeah?

cause this isn't exactly mobile

Honestly, I've found the fight animation criticism the weakest one here. This is a PARK SIMULATOR. Unless you're purposefully making dinosaurs fight for like, fun or a stupid mission or you're making a natural sanctuary and there's occasionally a tussle, there is never going to be a reason for a dinosaur to fight another one. So of course the animation isn't gonna be good. Now, the hunting animation being the herbivore staying still and immediately dying every time, that's an issue...

RIP Evan.

MoarCrossovers
Xilien Halfling

Post by MoarCrossovers »

Luckily, that issue seems to have been fixed in Evolution 2.