ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Re: ULTRA-THREAD 2.0

Post by MaxRebo320 »

o.supreme wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:00 am
_JNavs_ wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:04 pm Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy Legends kinda did Infinity War before Infinity War now that I'm rewatching it
Well to be fair, IW was based on a comic event from the early 90's, and large superhero gathering crossovers aren't exactly a new thing. If anything , Ultra Galaxy Legends was an "It's about time they finally did this" event/film. And to be fair, I loved it. Too bad a few more obscure ultras were left out (though they had quite a few), but I guess Absolute Conspiracy is trying to fill those gaps.
Not saying the Ultra Galaxy movie isn't loads of fun and that the returning cameos aren't awesome, but those appearances were all accomplished through stuntmen in suits and with voice actors. I kind of thought the reason Infinity War and Endgame are considered so ground-breaking is the amount of A-List actors involved and interacting with one another. I just find comparing any big "crossover" movie or show to those films kind of silly.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

After talking about it for years, I finally finished Ultraseven and I am glad I watched it. My first impressions that I shared to the thread was that I didn't like it for being too alien centric and while I still prefer the kaiju in Ultraman and Q, once I accepted that this show was not going to be like the previous series, it became very enjoyable. It is definitely a bit more mature in tone and plot than Ultraman and certain episodes pose interesting questions. I much prefer Dan Moroboshi in this show than in Leo, which I watched about 4-5 years ago on Crunchyroll. Ultraseven himself is very cool and I really like his use of the Eye Slugger. I always thought about what Ultraman would fight like if he had a blade this show is the answer. The cast of Ultra Guard characters is solid although idk if they standout a ton compared to other casts I've seen in other Ultra shows. There are some things I think could have been explored further such as the pocket monsters, but nonetheless this show was a lot stronger than I first anticipated. I think the show got progressively better as it went along.

Episodes I really enjoyed:

Episode 3: The Secret of the Lake (Eleking episode)
Episode 9: The Targeted Town
Episodes 14-15: the Ultra Garrison Goes West (King Joe)
Episode 21: Pursue the Sea Bottom Base
Episode 31: The Devil Who Dwells in a Flower
Episode 32: The Wandering Planet
Episode 42: Ambassador of the Nonmalt
Episode 43: Nightmare on Planet 4
Episodes 48-49: The Greatest Invasion in History

Looking forward to moving onto Return of Ultraman in the coming weeks. Might just need to catch up on Singular Point and a short anime in between.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:35 pm Looking forward to moving onto Return of Ultraman in the coming weeks. Might just need to catch up on Singular Point and a short anime in between.
You should also consider watching the Heisei Ultra Seven. Some of those episodes feel like long-lost episodes of the '60s show.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

GodzillaXGomoraFight
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaXGomoraFight »

Terasawa wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:38 pm
GodzillaXGomoraFight wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:35 pm Looking forward to moving onto Return of Ultraman in the coming weeks. Might just need to catch up on Singular Point and a short anime in between.
You should also consider watching the Heisei Ultra Seven. Some of those episodes feel like long-lost episodes of the '60s show.
I've heard some good things about that one online searching through threads on other sites about favorite Ultra Series. So far my plan is to watch each Showa series and then branch into some Heisei. Been thinking about watching Tiga for a while but have only watched the first episode.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I might be wrong but it looks like TsuPro's Youtube channel is dropping Mirrorman! I'm pretty stoked for this.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

That’s awesome
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

At this point, there's really no ongoing discussion in this thread, and any further Ultraman conversations should happen in dedicated threads, so this baby is getting locked.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.