Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

For the discussion of any Ultraman related shows, movies, comics, video games, etc.
o.supreme
Futurian

Re: Mill Creek releasing ULTRA SERIES on Bluray!!

Post by o.supreme »

Gridman is the only one for sure under current contract. Hopefully if MC signs a new deal in a couple of years to get the newer Ultra series, and some of the older ones they could not get previously, it will include Mirrorman, Jumborg Ace, Fireman etc...
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Gridman is the next release. Coming August 17!

https://www.deepdiscount.com/gridman-th ... 3580023375

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Angilasman wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:45 pm Gridman is the next release. Coming August 17!

In the words of Steve Austin...

Oh Hell Yeeeaaaaaah.

Be great seeing this show again.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 2:16 pm
Angilasman wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 1:45 pm Gridman is the next release. Coming August 17!

In the words of Steve Austin...

Oh Hell Yeeeaaaaaah.

Be great seeing this show again.
I’ll go with BABY DAN DAN
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I wonder if we'll be able to get Grid Man's US release Super Samurai Syber Squad?
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Cool. I'll take it 8-)
To all you dub preservationists, my friends, you have my eternal thanks 8-) . Never stop what you do, you are amazing!

Saturndusk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Saturndusk »

gvamp wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:42 pm I wonder if we'll be able to get Grid Man's US release Super Samurai Syber Squad?
It’s already been released in 2 sets. The first one is OOP I believe
There’s no point in being grownup if you can’t be childish sometimes.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Saturndusk wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 6:49 pm
gvamp wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:42 pm I wonder if we'll be able to get Grid Man's US release Super Samurai Syber Squad?
It’s already been released in 2 sets. The first one is OOP I believe
Wow that is insane! Volume 2 is still regular price, and super cheap:

https://www.amazon.com/Superhuman-Samur ... 224&sr=8-1

But volume 1 is selling for hundreds of dollars on the secondary market! I am so glad I got them when they first came out. MC may do a re-release to compliment Gridman's BRD release, but at this point, who knows. Also the SSSS Gridman Blu-ray that Funimation released only a little while ago is also already OOP. Man I'm glad I jump on these physical releases right away, because they don't seem to last long.
Last edited by o.supreme on Sun May 23, 2021 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

Nice!
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Millenial88
Interpol Agent

Post by Millenial88 »

I’m holding off on buying Gridman until I get confirmation that the subtitling issue is resolved.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Millenial88 wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 5:54 am I’m holding off on buying Gridman until I get confirmation that the subtitling issue is resolved.
What kinda subtitling issue are we talking about here?
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

^ The subs on the streaming service TOKU are very poor.

I did see on social media that people have reached out about this possible problem, and they received replies back. That's at least acknowledgement.

I mean, Mill Creek did end up using the dubtitles they were given for Battle in Outer Space, but they did do an editing pass on them before release when fans pointed out the bad subs - they're a small company, so I guess it all depends on how big they feel an issue is and what work they can squeeze in with their limited budget and set schedule. We'll see!

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Thanks for clarifying! I've watched Gridman on YouTube, not sure if the subs were the same as on TOKU or if they were a fan job. I'm sure Mill Creek will make sure they're nothing to complain about, they've done such a good job with Ultra so far.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

Angilasman wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:25 am^ The subs on the streaming service TOKU are very poor.
Are the subs on TOKU and Tubi the same? I've seen fansubs of the first 2 episodes of Leo, and really enjoyed them. I was tempted to watch all of Leo on Tubi before the BRD release, but the audio presentation was so awful, I couldn't bring myself to do it. With my BRD coming tomorrow, I look forward to watching over the next few days heading into the holiday weekend.

The rest of the subs for the Ultra series have been really good. I wouldn't think Gridman would be any different.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Isn't the audio on the streaming versions of the Ultra shows the same as on the DVDs? I know Leo sounded awful when it was on the Shout! and Tubi apps before, just as Seven does now. I also couldn't get through Return on Blu-ray because the audio was horrible.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

Angilasman
G-Grasper

Post by Angilasman »

Leo's currently the same old subs and transfer that used to be on Crunchyroll. Those will apparently be replaced by Mill Creek's version sometime in the future.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Best Buy never disappoints, I got my Leo set in today and watched the first three episodes so far. PQ is nice and there where a few subtitle issues on episode one however there might be another issue with the release on episode 3 the picture shakes a lot and its very distracting. I'm not sure if this is part of the actual show or if its something new for this release.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

o.supreme
Futurian

Post by o.supreme »

So yeah...Amazon is a cluster%% right now. I contacted their customer service via chat because I noticed on my account they charged me the full $45.99 for Leo, instead of the $27.96 that is was lowered to prior to release. This has never happened to me before, any time a price is lowered prior to release, I've never had an issue getting that price Anyway..... After chatting with 4 people. I get one person who says "sorry nothing we can do".

My response is..."so what Is the point of pre-ordering? I guess I should have just waited until today" (My next response was that I was just going to cancel my several hundred dollars worth of pre-orders, but it didn't get that far).... after a pause he comes back and tells me I will be refunded the difference, they are sorry blah blah... ok, cool (or so I think).

I see they refund me the FULL amount, and I am expected to return the item once I get it.... :mad: I have to take it to whole foods and have them scan a QR code and ship it back to Amazon.... wow...So they can't just refund me the difference, and they can't just NOT deliver the item which is on their own truck right now to be delivered later today?

Anyway, I'm going to keep the item, order another (at the current low price), in 2-3 days when THAT ONE shows up, I'll take it to whole foods. Still it's an extra few days, and a trip to a store that is unnecessary, but whatever, yeah I think I may start pre-ordering physical media form Best Buy...what a flippin joke.
Last edited by o.supreme on Tue May 25, 2021 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

That's wild. Amazon has mostly been fine for me lately, with the exception of the '76 King Kong, which for some reason still hasn't shipped.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

m0nster01
Samurai

Post by m0nster01 »

Amazon says Leo should be here by ten but no updates.

I agree about their shipping. But it's not just movies; books, art, almost everything has a delay now.