Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 8)

Post by GojiSquid »

I like how Pero 2 compares the rivalry between singular points predicting the future to arguments amongst siblings. If Godzilla and Salunga are singular points, and have a climactic fight, then it's basically "mom said it's my turn on the xbox" from their perspectives.

edit: I just realized that the example of sibling conflict that Pero 2 gives is when it's siblings argue over whether cats or dogs are better, treating a subjective matter with objective authority. While this seems to be played for laughs in the moment (it's kinda funny when characters arrogantly assume their position on a subjective and ultimately trivial topic to be objective and very serious), it could also imply that the show's going to set up the idea that the events of the future, which each singular point assumes a certain and "objective" stance on, are actually more malleable than these singular points assume, allowing the protagonists to manipulate it to avoid the monster apocalypse.
Last edited by GojiSquid on Thu May 13, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Interesting, perhaps multiples of these Singularity Points created ARE different realities. IE: Quantum computing and of course they attempt to overlay their reality on ours, due to our reality being different (not the True world in their perspective). That's why the further Ashihara attempted to peer, things got muddled from different realities essentially arguing what is true or not. So perhaps G and Salunga are from close, but competing universes where they use Archetype for their purposes (metabolic, control of environment, etc).
Another thought is that Salunga and Godzilla could be from a universe that where it (via multiverse theory) recently branched off and their feud spilled over into ours.
The mask does have G fins. What was the context? It may be a hint like Hedorah was. Perhaps this is in a timeloop where either 1. G won. Possibly? 2. Salunga won? Judging by its malicious nature, unlikely. 3. Somehow both were thwarted only to repeat this until either one emerged victorious.
Last edited by imposterzilla on Thu May 13, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Ever since the start I had a feeling Yung would become Jet Jaguar. Looking forward to rewatching this all dubbed so I can follow the story a little easier.

Added in 30 minutes 30 seconds:
I just love the sense of escalation with this series. More and more stuff just keeps crawling out of the woodwork. So about the Hedorah thing you think its connected to those special jellyfish that can process the red dust, or even being another stage of Archetype. Hell maybe Salunga, Godzilla, and the Hedorah thing are all competing singular points. The Hedorah thing definitely seems seperate from everything else.
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Fri May 14, 2021 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

It very well could be a third party player.

EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

imposterzilla wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:25 am Theories on the next G form? Maybe it is Ultima and C is the Salunga /G hybrid. Or the next form does have Gorosaurus elements. What would you like to see? At least Gorosaurus's color and head shape...maybe Zilla's weird dorsal besides G's. It would be hilarious if there was a frill like Jirass

This is most definitely Godzilla C. Notice how he doesn't have the big saber teeth on the lower jaw, only on the upper jaw. Furthermore, the snout is longer and more rounded compared to Ultima's. Comparing it to the CGWorld magazine is what fully convinced me this was C
"Take that you dinosaur!" - Major Spielberg

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Great find! Wonder how the breath is?

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Found this backend McDonalds dumpster of a take on Reddit and decided to copy paste it here for a couple laughs. Behold:

“I know everyone in this sub seems to love this show for some reason, and this will get down voted, but I'm going to be real about this show, I don't get the appeal.

One, there's no damn Godzilla in this Godzilla. 8 episodes and there was only about 2 minutes in ep. 7 with a creature that looked like any Godzilla. A couple of weeks a ago someone replied to me that the big fish kaiju was Godzilla so stop saying there's no Godzilla... WTH? Really? That's your Godzilla?

It seems more like they are avoiding paying licensing fees for using classic Godzilla imagery, or something like that. (wtf???)

The show focuses on anything but Godzilla, a bunch of bargain bin looking monsters that look more like Pokemon than Godzilla monsters.

Anyway fellas, enjoy your show, it seems like a really weird take to me, but if you are loving it, great.”
Last edited by Jermobooka on Fri May 14, 2021 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

That's not just a backend McDonalds dumpster take. That's an alleyway recycling bin filled to the brim with human body parts and constantly-expanding pizza dough that's being eaten by lion-sized possums on May 24th, 2735 in the far aftermath of the Great Nuclear War take.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

So I wonder what sorta powers Godzilla C has....looks like a G Earth beam.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Jermobooka wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:54 am Found this backend McDonalds dumpster of a take on Reddit and decided to copy paste it here for a couple laughs. Behold:

“I know everyone in this sub seems to love this show for some reason, and this will get down voted, but I'm going to be real about this show, I don't get the appeal.

One, there's no damn Godzilla in this Godzilla. 8 episodes and there was only about 2 minutes in ep. 7 with a creature that looked like any Godzilla. A couple of weeks a ago someone replied to me that the big fish kaiju was Godzilla so stop saying there's no Godzilla... WTH? Really? That's your Godzilla?

It seems more like they are avoiding paying licensing fees for using classic Godzilla imagery, or something like that. (wtf???)

The show focuses on anything but Godzilla, a bunch of bargain bin looking monsters that look more like Pokemon than Godzilla monsters.

Anyway fellas, enjoy your show, it seems like a really weird take to me, but if you are loving it, great.”
I love when people that don't know what they're talking about get up and talk like they're the smartest in the room.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

EvaGhidorah01
Monsterland Worker

Post by EvaGhidorah01 »

Jermobooka wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:54 am Found this backend McDonalds dumpster of a take on Reddit and decided to copy paste it here for a couple laughs. Behold:

Ah yes, because recreating classic Godzilla imagery in your official Godzilla anime means you have to pay a licensing fee to... yourself? I mean, I can somewhat understand not liking Aquatilis. If you don't like him whatever that's fine, but making that speculative reason up makes less sense than GVK's continuity
Last edited by EvaGhidorah01 on Fri May 14, 2021 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Take that you dinosaur!" - Major Spielberg

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Godzilla “not appearing soon enough” has always been a common complaint amongst fans, and I’ve never understood it as even when he appears a little later he’s always a consistent part of the narrative.

By the end of episode 1 we see a painting of Godzilla, and Godzilla’s skeleton, the latter being a very important part of the narrative. Rodan is built up and appears.

Godzilla Aquatalis appears in episode 3, and in 6 and 7 really starts moving along.

Godzilla is always present in the narrative and if he’s not directly there, some other monster or concept is there. I do hope the final few episodes really deliver the goods with him.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

People complaining are probably use to the HB series or GTS where he appears and fights in every episode multiple times even.

Added in 5 minutes 33 seconds:
Knowing how 13 eps anime pace I'll predict 10 will be when Ultima appears.

11 will be Ultima having his way with monsters and the army with Salunga appearing.

12 will be the fight between Ultima and Salunga.

13 Jet Jaguar will help Godzilla or somehow defeat them both and wrap up the series.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:20 pm Godzilla “not appearing soon enough” has always been a common complaint amongst fans, and I’ve never understood it as even when he appears a little later he’s always a consistent part of the narrative.
I feel like it's gotten worse since 2014. Gareth absolutely mindbroke people with that slow burn so badly that they never recovered and now their eyes start twitching if Godzilla isn't shown in full within 5 minutes of the title screen.

Godzilla is definitely part of the narrative, just not the protagonist. In all of the media I can think of where he takes a while to show up it wouldn't even make sense to have him appear earlier anyway.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

God i hate seeming like I have no opinions because I can see it both ways. But I can see it both ways. I love the slow burn approach, but I also love it when Godzilla appears right away. Although I would love to see more Godzilla, it hasn't bothered me much here. I'm invested in the story and the slow build up works for me. However, I do think they need to start including more Godzilla action towards the end of the series.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

G14 was the first time Godzilla took that look to get on screen and the movie was a lot longer to boot.

Final Wars for example is about the same length as G14 and take out the opening Godzilla is not on screen for much longer but FW feels like he's there more.

I think it really depends on the stroy. Me personally Aquatils probably should have done his thing in episode 2 and 3 so maybe by 8 Ultima would appear for the first time at the end. Haven't seen how it goes However, Ultima could show up the last 3 episodes and never leave the screen and it balances out.

Had the planet of the Monsters prequel novels been anime series I could easily see Godzilla now showing up to a season 1 finale.

Really depends on the stroy.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

I rewatched Episode 8, and I realized possible foreshadowing. Jet Jaguar in the back of the truck makes comments about the skies and the clouds. The comment by itself serves to showcase something frightening and beautiful again. Then later in the episode, Jet Jaguar is still looking up at the sky, but this time a plane. I realized at that moment, Jet Jaguar hasn’t flown yet, and that’s one of his abilities. I think he’ll wind up flying.

I agree with Miguelanuvas predictions on what type of monster action we will get in the next few episodes, and suspect beyond a few things of Mei we’ll get a lot of fighting. I predict form 3 of Godzilla will hatch and fight Mandas next episode, while Sarunga breaks free, and JJ keeps fighting the bug creatures.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

I can understand slow burns not being everyone's thing. Personally, I think a slow burn leading up to godzilla can work, so long as the movie can captivate you with the other elements that get more screentime. As much as I love 2014, it has problems making the audience care about the stories of the characters who aren't Joe Brody, and loses a lot of plot focus in the second act, which makes the slow burn much more frustsrating, and the same goes for City on the Edge of Battle, except moreso.

As it is, Godzilla SP has been able to engage me with charismatic/endearing characters, quality animation and action (albeit the action's not groundbreaking per se), and a fascinating hard sci-fi mystery plot, but other people have different thresholds, preferences, and expections for what they see in their media, and it's reasonable that some people may not connect with the characters, and prefer a faster show that showed off it's titular monster before the second half of the series (although I'm fine with the decision, I can also understand people disliking the decision to adopt the forms of other Kaiju, as it can feel like robbing them of their recognition and Godzilla of his purity of form). As it is, I think that the series will be generally well-liked, but opinions like the guy we're all slam dunking on won't be necessarily 100% unreasonable (even if his "toho is trying to get around paying themselves for their character's likeness" take is astronomically stupid).

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

I do not understand any of the scientific babble in this show and it's fuckin great
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

I think it's like string and multiverse theory.
Last edited by imposterzilla on Sat May 15, 2021 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.