Kaiju Fan Confessions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
SoggyNoodles2016

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

KK42 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:41 pm I never understood the rat comparison. He looks nothing like a rat.
Same. I personally think it's another comparison the fandom brings up with no real basis just because enough people have said it.

Tbh, on this note, I've never gotten the "cat" comparisons people bring about BioGoji

RIP Evan.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:49 pm
KK42 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:41 pm I never understood the rat comparison. He looks nothing like a rat.
Same. I personally think it's another comparison the fandom brings up with no real basis just because enough people have said it.

Tbh, on this note, I've never gotten the "cat" comparisons people bring about BioGoji

Nor the ‘Frog/Toad’ comparisons with Soshinge- oh... he does kinda look like a frog.
For Emperor and Empire!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

Voyager wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:57 pm

Nor the ‘Frog/Toad’ comparisons with Soshinge- oh... he does kinda look like a frog.

While we're on the subject, here's a confession: I like the 1965-1966 Godzilla suit better than all the later Showa Godzilla suits.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

KK42 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:00 pm

While we're on the subject, here's a confession: I like the 1965-1966 Godzilla suit better than all the later Showa Godzilla suits.
Is that very controversial? Most Showa fans seem to enjoy the earlier suits than the later ones.

For me, I have a nostalgia bias for 73-75 given he was the first suit I saw. The literal superhero to my childhood.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

KK42 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:00 pm

:cry:

You crossed the sacred line. We can’t be friends anymore.
For Emperor and Empire!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

godjacob wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:42 pm
I think it is just a lazy critique to try and dismiss FinalGoji given both it and Final Wars are as polarizing as they are to the fandom.
I can kinda see it but only in very specific angles.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

FinalGoji is basically a modern version of a thinner Gyakushu or MegaroGoji type suit and it's fine, just wish it was in a better movie.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

KK42 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:00 pm While we're on the subject, here's a confession: I like the 1965-1966 Godzilla suit better than all the later Showa Godzilla suits.
Impeccable taste. G65 is my favorite Showa suit.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

I love all the Singular Point designs. Godzilla, Jet Jaguar, Anguirus, hell, even Rodan.

I think they’re all cool, new, unique, and creative designs that fit perfectly for a Godzilla anime

Really hope people start warming up to the designs once the series is officially released worldwide, because it’s a damn good anime

Sometimes it seems people just want the Heisei designs for everything :lol:
Last edited by Jermobooka on Thu May 06, 2021 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:49 pm Tbh, on this note, I've never gotten the "cat" comparisons people bring about BioGoji
He definitely looks feline-esque.

Added in 2 minutes 17 seconds:
Jermobooka wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:05 am I love all the Singular Point designs. Godzilla, Jet Jaguar, Anguirus, hell, even Rodan.

I think they’re all cool, new, unique, and creative designs that fit perfectly for a Godzilla anime

Yeah, sans Godzilla, they're all really good. Anguirus, in particular, is a masterpiece.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:08 am
Jermobooka wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:05 am I love all the Singular Point designs. Godzilla, Jet Jaguar, Anguirus, hell, even Rodan.

Yeah, especially Godzilla. They’re all really good, but Godzilla, in particular, is a masterpiece.
FTFY ;)
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

godjacob wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:42 pm
I think it is just a lazy critique to try and dismiss FinalGoji given both it and Final Wars are as polarizing as they are to the fandom.
Or, to some of us, the suit's face has a rat-like aspect that you guys don't happen to see.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Gigantis wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:50 am Honestly Sony's proposed title for GMK (Godzilla Must Be Killed!) is so.. hilariously awesome i kinda wish they made the English dub.
Wow, I did not know that Sony was going to do that lol
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

It’s amazing how little hype I have for Singular Point.

I’ll watch it when it comes to Netflix, I guess, but if it remained a Japanese exclusive or went to a streaming service I don’t already have, I wouldn’t go out of my way to hunt it down. I’d be quite content with never seeing it.

Crazy to think about.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

I'm a little on the apathetic side with SP, too. I'm absolutely looking forward to it, but I'm not counting the days or particularly impatient about it like I get with the live action movies. I blame the Monster Planet Trilogy, I guess. It killed my hype for kaiju anime. Hopefully SP turns that around.

And on a related note, I completely forget that Pacific Rim: The Black exists unless I see it mentioned here. It just disappears from my mind otherwise. I need to actually make myself watch it, at some point here...
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

KK42 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:05 pm It’s amazing how little hype I have for Singular Point.

I’ll watch it when it comes to Netflix, I guess, but if it remained a Japanese exclusive or went to a streaming service I don’t already have, I wouldn’t go out of my way to hunt it down. I’d be quite content with never seeing it.

Crazy to think about.
Not really, there are a few that don't care, I am one of those.

Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Post by Dracosaurian »

I hope Singular Point is a success as I really want more animated Godzilla films/series. I'm enjoying it so far and it's doing some pretty interesting things with Godzilla and company.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

I just want it to be June already so I can watch it >-<

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

As someone who's watching fansubs, I'm really enjoying Singular Point so far.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:08 am
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:49 pm Tbh, on this note, I've never gotten the "cat" comparisons people bring about BioGoji
He definitely looks feline-esque.

Added in 2 minutes 17 seconds:

Yeah, sans Godzilla, they're all really good. Anguirus, in particular, is a masterpiece.
I've only seen pictures of the Anguillas design, but it already impresses. I'd love to see the beast in action.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.