Kaiju Fan Confessions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Voyager
Keizer

Re: Kaiju Fan Confessions

Post by Voyager »

I’m gonna give a name to this phenomena.

Revengephobia. I, as a true psychologist, recommend this term becomes common use on the forums to diagnose those who suffer from it. Funny thing is, it’s a fear the majority has, you’d be weird not to have atleast the most mild form of it.
For Emperor and Empire!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

goji89 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:35 am
Voyager wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:20 pm We’ve gone from hating Revenge to liking it, then saying those who don’t hate it just wanna get attention, then back to liking it. Wowsers.
Hell nah, that movie still sucks. And I don't care if people just likes it, it's when they try to say it's this big metaphorical grandeur of a movie, that's my problem with people.
Who has said that?
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Voyager wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 10:20 pm We’ve gone from hating Revenge to liking it, then saying those who don’t hate it just wanna get attention, then back to liking it. Wowsers.
You could not live with your own failure to appreciate Godzilla's Revenge. Where did that bring you? Back to me.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Honestly Sony's proposed title for GMK (Godzilla Must Be Killed!) is so.. hilariously awesome i kinda wish they made the English dub.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Gigantis wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:50 am Honestly Sony's proposed title for GMK (Godzilla Must Be Killed!) is so.. hilariously awesome i kinda wish they made the English dub.
I will from now on and forever refer to GMK as “Godzilla Must Be Killed” :lol:
Last edited by Jermobooka on Tue May 04, 2021 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

eabaker wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:19 am
Hell nah, that movie still sucks. And I don't care if people just likes it, it's when they try to say it's this big metaphorical grandeur of a movie, that's my problem with people.
Who has said that?
Some people not from here dude. Does everything have to come from here for someone to speak about certain issues damn? This isn't the only place for the fandom to congregate.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

goji89 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:35 pm

Who has said that?
Some people not from here dude. Does everything have to come from here for someone to speak about certain issues damn? This isn't the only place for the fandom to congregate.
I wasn't questioning the validity of your complaint. I was just interested in an example or something...
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Gigantis wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:50 am Honestly Sony's proposed title for GMK (Godzilla Must Be Killed!) is so.. hilariously awesome i kinda wish they made the English dub.
Dramatic sounding title; It would certainly get people's attention.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Here we go, here my unpopular opinion

-Anime Trilogy was worse than G.I.N.O
-Monsterverse is the best era
- I think we should do more experimental designs like shin
- Destroyah is more iconic then King Ghidorah

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

eabaker wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:07 pm
goji89 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:35 pm

Who has said that?
I wasn't questioning the validity of your complaint. I was just interested in an example or something...
Ah, my bad lol. The way it sounded was like as if I was talking about you.

Well, I ain't no snitch but there are places where GR is praised to high Hell but I think some do it just to get under the skin of those that hate it. It's not an uncommon practice lol.

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

I have had so many opinions on Varan over my life I can't keep track. For a while I did find venom powers overplayed in fanfic. Then I found myself a bit confused at Varan takes that were mystical and wanting more prehistoric takes out of nostalgia for the Dean Delvin books. However, learning about the production of the movie and how its in a way a stepping stone from sci-fi monsters to including more mystical ones in Toho's roster with the translucent spines and the seeming ability to conjure winds, now my preferred opinion is : Its a magic prehistoric beast and you were all fools to doubt his power! Finding out Heisei era proposed Varan being a bringer of the apocalypse clinched it.
Let Varan be a monster mage-tyrant.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Dinoskell wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:15 pm I have had so many opinions on Varan over my life I can't keep track.
This is one of my favorite sentences of all time.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

wrong thread
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Wed May 05, 2021 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

When I was young, I despised GMKGoji’s design.
For Emperor and Empire!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Voyager wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:27 pm When I was young, I despised GMKGoji’s design.
Is it the beer belly?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

godjacob wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:31 pm
Voyager wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:27 pm When I was young, I despised GMKGoji’s design.
Is it the beer belly?
His platform feet too.

Also, I loved FinalGoji as a kid.
For Emperor and Empire!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Voyager wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:35 pm
Is it the beer belly?
His platform feet too.

Technically you still are a kid...

ADMIT YOU LOVE FINALGOJI, VOYAGER. YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUUUUE
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Jermobooka wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:16 pm
Voyager wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 3:35 pm

Is it the beer belly?
His platform feet too.

Technically you still are a kid...

ADMIT YOU LOVE FINALGOJI, VOYAGER. YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUUUUE
Ratzilla, Ratzilla, Ratzilla, Ratzilla, Ratzilla.
For Emperor and Empire!

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

I never understood the rat comparison. He looks nothing like a rat.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

KK42 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:41 pm I never understood the rat comparison. He looks nothing like a rat.
I think it is just a lazy critique to try and dismiss FinalGoji given both it and Final Wars are as polarizing as they are to the fandom.