Godzilla Singular Point FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, Godzilla -1.0, the anime trilogy, Godzilla Singular Point and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 4)

Post by Dinoskell »

I think the philosophy of Manda's design is "what if we made a centipede out of the parts of various sea creatures?" and I have to admit its an interesting approach.
Spoiler:
Given the tales of fishy lake dragons versus centipedes (such as Tawara Tōda Monogatari) tend to have humans evening the odds in the dragon's favor, I wonder if we can make predictions on the plot from that

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Dinoskell wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:10 pm I think the philosophy of Manda's design is "what if we made a centipede out of the parts of various sea creatures?" and I have to admit its an interesting approach.
Spoiler:
Given the tales of fishy lake dragons versus centipedes (such as Tawara Tōda Monogatari) tend to have humans evening the odds in the dragon's favor, I wonder if we can make predictions on the plot from that
Cool. I wonder if that's how they'll make Manda function better on land.

Anyways, Episode 5 debuts in 2 and a half hours. I really want/need things to pop off. An ideal episode for me would be:
Spoiler:
Yun and co meeting Angurius/Angy vs JJ. Mei and Co encounter Gabara. And lastly maybe Manda and Aquatalis encountering the military/fighting at sea.
Episode 5 needs to deliver. I'm loving the series so far, but episode 4 was mostly build up, and while episode 3 was great, it was mostly focused on a sole problem.

I'll throw out a wild prediction, but I think Godzilla Ultima will appear in full in episode 7.

Episode 5 starts in a few mins. See you guys on the flipside.

Added in 2 hours 35 minutes 56 seconds:
Re: Godzilla S.P. Weekly Spoiler Thread (Episode 1 to 5)
Multiple Manda!

Added in 8 minutes 19 seconds:
HOLY FUCK ANGURIUS GOT SOME COOL NEW POWER

Added in 16 minutes 19 seconds:
So for those curious, what it appears now in terms of Angurius, in addition to normal digging powers
Spoiler:
He can wiggle and shake, and his spines produce some sort of frequency that makes everything around him strange. This allows Angurius to briefly see into the future. Also, Angurius certainly grows throughout the episode after eating. When he's first seen, I estimate ehe's maybe 8 meters. By the end of the episode, if my guess is right, he's 12-20 meters. There series is getting bigger!
Gabara:
Spoiler:
Super creepy. a bit small (probably will grow). It stands on four legs, but often stands upright. Also, worth noting, it might be a hybrid with baragon. Someone mentioned this a while back and I disagreed in moment, but it's more clear it's got those ridges similar to baragon, as well as a longer tail.

Edit: according to the English Netflix synopsis, it's not Gabara. It's official name is Salunga. I believe this is a Baragon/Gabara hybrid.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:06 am, edited 4 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

BennettCommando
Monsterland Worker

Post by BennettCommando »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:26 am
Dinoskell wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:10 pm I think the philosophy of Manda's design is "what if we made a centipede out of the parts of various sea creatures?" and I have to admit its an interesting approach.
Spoiler:

Anyways, Episode 5 debuts in 2 and a half hours. I really want/need things to pop off. An ideal episode for me would be:
Spoiler:
Yun and co meeting Angurius/Angy vs JJ. Mei and Co encounter Gabara. And lastly maybe Manda and Aquatalis encountering the military/fighting at sea.
Episode 5 needs to deliver. I'm loving the series so far, but episode 4 was mostly build up, and while episode 3 was great, it was mostly focused on a sole problem.

I'll throw out a wild prediction, but I think Godzilla Ultima will appear in full in episode 7.

Multiple Manda!

HOLY skreeonk ANGURIUS GOT SOME COOL NEW POWER

So for those curious, what it appears now in terms of Angurius, in addition to normal digging powers
Spoiler:
He can wiggle and shake, and his spines produce some sort of frequency that makes everything around him strange. This allows Angurius to briefly see into the future. Also, Angurius certainly grows throughout the episode after eating. When he's first seen, I estimate ehe's maybe 8 meters. By the end of the episode, if my guess is right, he's 12-20 meters. There series is getting bigger!
Gabara:
Spoiler:
Super creepy. a bit small (probably will grow). It stands on four legs, but often stands upright. Also, worth noting, it might be a hybrid with baragon. Someone mentioned this a while back and I disagreed in moment, but it's more clear it's got those ridges similar to baragon, as well as a longer tail.

According to Japanese fans who saw this episode, the “Gabara” was NOT Gabara, but a new monster called “Sharanga”, whose name was revealed in the Japanese Synopsis for episode 5.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

BennettCommando wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:50 am
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Multiple Manda!

Spoiler:
Gabara:
Spoiler:

According to Japanese fans who saw this episode, the “Gabara” was NOT Gabara, but a new monster called “Sharanga”, whose name was revealed in the Japanese Synopsis for episode 5.
I just read the plot synopsis on English Netflix (for some reason it has the synopsis in English. Yes, the monster isn't Gabara. :roll: It's official name is called "Salunga". This also lines up with a copy right leak a few months back.

Anyways, episode 5 was fun, but it's very clear next episode will have a big fight with Angy and JJ. But man, we really need something to pop off with Manda and Aquatalis. Episode 3 ends with Aquatalis for a second. Episode 4 starts with Manda capsizing a ship. Episode 5 starts with multiple Manda and notes the phenomena of sea creatures. We need some solid action with them next episode.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Shoopwoop17
Interpol Agent

Post by Shoopwoop17 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:02 am
I just read the plot synopsis on English Netflix (for some reason it has the synopsis in English. Yes, the monster isn't Gabara. :roll: It's official name is called "Salunga". This also lines up with a copy right leak a few months back.
So thats clearly proof that just because the name of the monster is different that doesn't make it a new monster, right? "Salunga" is obviously Gabara, Aquatalis has enough similarities with Titanosaurus that I don't think it should be ignored (all respect to those who do). It's like the difference between Spiga and Kumonga, or Anguirus and Anzilla. Minya and Minilla.

Right?

Right????
Check out my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/atxspider/

It is mostly Spider-Man themed, but I'd love to talk cosplay, lightsaber commissions, and countless other topics.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

Shoopwoop17 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:24 am
So thats clearly proof that just because the name of the monster is different that doesn't make it a new monster, right? "Salunga" is obviously Gabara, Aquatalis has enough similarities with Titanosaurus that I don't think it should be ignored (all respect to those who do). It's like the difference between Spiga and Kumonga, or Anguirus and Anzilla. Minya and Minilla.

Right?

Right????
Just because something looks like a duck, doesn't mean it's not a goose or swan. From what I've seen, Salunga/Sarunga bears enough differences to justify not actually being named Gabara.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

It's pretty obvious at this point that Aquatilis and Salunga are just suppose to be SUPER obvious homages to Titanosaurus and Gabara.. almost to the point i wonder if it really was meant to be them but they could only get the rights to so many monsters for some reason.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

Ngl, the Mandas are so long. Since we are getting multiple, I wonder what they are after. Are they after Godzilla or something?

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Denis wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:57 am Ngl, the Mandas are so long. Since we are getting multiple, I wonder what they are after. Are they after Godzilla or something?
Someone has a theory that they're all just combining and not 'fighting'.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

Should've just called it Gabaragon, lol.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Odd how it’s not Gabara but Salunga

Are people gonna start bitching about how it’s not actually Gabara when it’s very clearly supposed to be Gaba? cough AQUALITIS cough cough :lol:
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Well this series keeps getting stranger with all these monsters they almost seem divine.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Jermobooka wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:55 pm Odd how it’s not Gabara but Salunga

Are people gonna start bitching about how it’s not actually Gabara when it’s very clearly supposed to be Gaba? cough AQUALITIS cough cough :lol:
A red/orange sea dinosaur with two antennae, a head fin, two face fins, a beige under belly, and a giant fin on the tail? Clearly not Titanosaurus. A green wart covered creature with a cranial horn, and with red scales along his head? Clearly not Gabara. :roll:
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:25 am It's pretty obvious at this point that Aquatilis and Salunga are just suppose to be SUPER obvious homages to Titanosaurus and Gabara.. almost to the point i wonder if it really was meant to be them but they could only get the rights to so many monsters for some reason.
Yeah, I wouldn’t berate someone for choosing to think or call Salunga Gabara. But it’s going to inevitably be the same thing of the Megalon/Kumonga and Gigan/Kamacuras creatures.

My working theory is that the hybrid monsters are a result of “archetype”. In episode 5 Mei discusses something about Archetype converging two points in time, and in episode 4, during her explanation Dr. Li shows two pieces of archetype being mixed and matched together, and being something solid. We can assume for some reason, Gabara and Baragon have been combined, though we don’t know why. For me, this also directly confirms that Hedorah isn’t just Hedorah (maybe?) and is probably a Dogora hybrid as well.

It’s interesting to wonder why Rodan, Angurius and Manda are unrelated.

Auuugh, I can’t wait for episode 6! I want to see Jet Jaguar fight Angurius and I want to see more of what’s going on with the monsters!

Denis
Monsterland Worker

Post by Denis »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:36 pm
Gigantis wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:25 am It's pretty obvious at this point that Aquatilis and Salunga are just suppose to be SUPER obvious homages to Titanosaurus and Gabara.. almost to the point i wonder if it really was meant to be them but they could only get the rights to so many monsters for some reason.
Yeah, I wouldn’t berate someone for choosing to think or call Salunga Gabara. But it’s going to inevitably be the same thing of the Megalon/Kumonga and Gigan/Kamacuras creatures.

My working theory is that the hybrid monsters are a result of “archetype”. In episode 5 Mei discusses something about Archetype converging two points in time, and in episode 4, during her explanation Dr. Li shows two pieces of archetype being mixed and matched together, and being something solid. We can assume for some reason, Gabara and Baragon have been combined, though we don’t know why. For me, this also directly confirms that Hedorah isn’t just Hedorah (maybe?) and is probably a Dogora hybrid as well.

It’s interesting to wonder why Rodan, Angurius and Manda are unrelated.

Auuugh, I can’t wait for episode 6! I want to see Jet Jaguar fight Angurius and I want to see more of what’s going on with the monsters!
I mean there’s a possibility that this is actually Gabara but with a different trademark. They done the with Rodan and Fire Rodan but we shall see I guess or if the director can say something abo it it I don’t know.

I’m somewhat excited for their battle, if it happens in episode 6 which it probably will. Cant believer we’re actually almost half way through the series. Time flies fast.

BennettCommando
Monsterland Worker

Post by BennettCommando »

Spoiler:

Multiple Manda!

Spoiler:
Gabara:
Spoiler:

Anyways, episode 5 was fun, but it's very clear next episode will have a big fight with Angy and JJ. But man, we really need something to pop off with Manda and Aquatalis. Episode 3 ends with Aquatalis for a second. Episode 4 starts with Manda capsizing a ship. Episode 5 starts with multiple Manda and notes the phenomena of sea creatures. We need some solid action with them next episode.
I find it strange that while English Netflix called the Gabara-like monster “Salunga”. The Monster’s name on Japanese Netflix wasシャランガ, whose pronunciation would be more akin to “Sharanga”. In fact, when I googled the monster’s Japanese name, the first thing I found was a mythical weapon, a celestial bow held by the Hindu god Vishnu.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

BennettCommando wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:54 pm

I find it strange that while English Netflix called the Gabara-like monster “Salunga”. The Monster’s name on Japanese Netflix wasシャランガ, whose pronunciation would be more akin to “Sharanga”. In fact, when I googled the monster’s Japanese name, the first thing I found was a mythical weapon, a celestial bow held by the Hindu god Vishnu.
Yeah, I was also curious about this. Japanese fans are all calling it as "Sharanga" and yes it's apparently from the Hindu myth. But is stated as "Salunga" in Wikizilla, and I guess in the English synopsis too.

サルンガ Sarunga is indeed trademarked by Toho last year. But this "Sharanga" has totally different spelling in Japanese synopsis. シャランガ

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

vastatosaurus wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:27 pm Yeah, I was also curious about this. Japanese fans are all calling it as "Sharanga" and yes it's apparently from the Hindu myth. But is stated as "Salunga" in Wikizilla, and I guess in the English synopsis too.

サルンガ Sarunga is indeed trademarked by Toho last year. But this "Sharanga" has totally different spelling in Japanese synopsis. シャランガ
Could be that they can't trademark a name with a strong religious background or story. It's happened before with Destroyer/Destoroyah if I recall correctly. Hence the actual trademark is different from what it is actually called. Agreed about it still being Gabara in general. It could be a "Kiryu" situation.

Also, just a crazy theory:
シャランガ
First katakana character is シ (phonetically in Japanese Shi)
Yeah sure, it's fully Sha, but there's our "C". Japanese doesn't have an easy "C" sound, so often Shi becomes C: King Shisa= King Caesar
Maybe Gabara is Godzilla C? Hmm, it's fun!

And yeah the series is going by fast, but if there's 13 episodes we still aren't halfway, and it seems like most of the plot has been established, so I have a feeling the latter half will be much more impactful.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:39 pm
vastatosaurus wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:27 pm Yeah, I was also curious about this. Japanese fans are all calling it as "Sharanga" and yes it's apparently from the Hindu myth. But is stated as "Salunga" in Wikizilla, and I guess in the English synopsis too.

Could be that they can't trademark a name with a strong religious background or story. It's happened before with Destroyer/Destoroyah if I recall correctly. Hence the actual trademark is different from what it is actually called. Agreed about it still being Gabara in general. It could be a "Kiryu" situation.

Also, just a crazy theory:
シャランガ
First katakana character is シ (phonetically in Japanese Shi)
Yeah sure, it's fully Sha, but there's our "C". Japanese doesn't have an easy "C" sound, so often Shi becomes C: King Shisa= King Caesar
Maybe Gabara is Godzilla C? Hmm, it's fun!

And yeah the series is going by fast, but if there's 13 episodes we still aren't halfway, and it seems like most of the plot has been established, so I have a feeling the latter half will be much more impactful.
Haha! Another Godzilla strain that doesn't look like Godzilla at all!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

What's the names of the three new monster trademarks from a few weeks back, I can't find them.

I also have a theory "Hedorah" is kinda like the space amoeba I can infect ordinary animals and turn them into monsters. Actually I wonder if Hedorah is Archetype.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983