Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Re: Rebuild of S.H. MonsterArts 1.1 [ABRIDGED]

Post by Jermobooka »

Yup, gonna pull the trigger on the Rodan/Mothra set. Mothra might not be great (certain they’re gonna make a new Mothra once she reappears in the MV), but Rodan is great.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

I would kill for a Kou Kyou Kyoku variant of the 2019/21 Godzilla.
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Jermobooka wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:35 am Yup, gonna pull the trigger on the Rodan/Mothra set. Mothra might not be great (certain they’re gonna make a new Mothra once she reappears in the MV), but Rodan is great.
Yup, the Mothra sucks because it's so small and the lil peg legs fall off easily. I love the Rodan it feels better than the Neca and it just looks cool. I love the Rodan.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Rodan (2019) is one of the best figures they've put out in recent years. If they make a v2 with wings more like Rathalos, I'd happily double dip.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

ClandestineCanine9 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:39 am I would kill for a Kou Kyou Kyoku variant of the 2019/21 Godzilla.
Same. I'd also take the bait and bite for a KKK Burning Godzilla '95. Just imagine the light up spines and burning patches.

Anyone wanna' put any bets down on when they'll announce SHMA MechaGodzilla 2021.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

Do you think other Singular Point monsters besides Godzilla and JJ have the possibility to be released as SHMA? I want Anguirus.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Moth wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:59 pm Rodan (2019) is one of the best figures they've put out in recent years. If they make a v2 with wings more like Rathalos, I'd happily double dip.
While I'm still holding out hope for a Poster Color flame winged Rodan/teal Mothra SCV, my real dream is to get some kind of Ghidorah repaint with these wings and like, actual gold paint.
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:47 pm
ClandestineCanine9 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:39 am I would kill for a Kou Kyou Kyoku variant of the 2019/21 Godzilla.
Same. I'd also take the bait and bite for a KKK Burning Godzilla '95. Just imagine the light up spines and burning patches.

Anyone wanna' put any bets down on when they'll announce SHMA MechaGodzilla 2021.
You can quote me on this.

Late May/early June reveal, ships in August.

I'm feeling it in my gut.
vastatosaurus wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:22 pm Do you think other Singular Point monsters besides Godzilla and JJ have the possibility to be released as SHMA? I want Anguirus.
Other then spikey boy, my hope is Manda (both to get some SHMA rep and I think the articulation could be great), but I also can't help but wonder if they might do the Rodans. They're insanely prominent in the marketing and it would make sense. Only problem is the scale.

Also, I've begun to wonder if JJ might possibly be a Robot Spirits instead of a Monsterarts because he's a more traditonal mecha...

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Post by GodzillavsGamera »

GodzillavsGamera wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:11 am Ok ... with GvK movie releasing mid May in Japan and now the announcement of Tamashii Features event to be held on May 28th..... I think it's pretty safe to assume Monsterarts MG21 will be revealed then... if not a tad sooner.
Great minds think alike Soggy! :mrgreen:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

GodzillavsGamera wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:11 pm
GodzillavsGamera wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:11 am Ok ... with GvK movie releasing mid May in Japan and now the announcement of Tamashii Features event to be held on May 28th..... I think it's pretty safe to assume Monsterarts MG21 will be revealed then... if not a tad sooner.
Did you just praise yourself?

Is that what you call yourself.....Soggy?

GodzillavsGamera
G-Grasper

Post by GodzillavsGamera »

Not really I reposted my prediction from earlier in the thread... showing my support for SoggyNoodles gut feeling when we will see MG21 Revealed....

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

goji89 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:50 pm
GodzillavsGamera wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:11 pm
Did you just praise yourself?

Is that what you call yourself.....Soggy?
I have been laughing my ass for half an hour because of this dumbass joke. Bravo, 89. Bravo.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Andagi1
GPN Volunteer

Post by Andagi1 »

Anyone see these yet? Not sure if they're "good" or "bad":
https://www.facebook.com/tamashii.natio ... 5028760316

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Andagi1 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:48 pm Anyone see these yet? Not sure if they're "good" or "bad":
https://www.facebook.com/tamashii.natio ... 5028760316
Well godzilla looks more saturated on green on his back than what I expected. And kong looks less like kong with each picture I see of him. That said im still getting this figs, is the best figure of kong we are going to get.
Last edited by the-killer-wc on Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

In that first photo with Kong and his axe Godzilla's head looks too small. Pinhead goji.

Might be a perspective thing though.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla looks a letter better at least.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gotschiller
Interpol Agent

Post by Gotschiller »

Hi!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Well I'll be able to display upgraded and traditional Gigan now.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Andagi1
GPN Volunteer

Post by Andagi1 »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:58 pm Well I'll be able to display upgraded and traditional Gigan now.
I was just about to ask what to do with my old one!

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

Curious as to what Gigan's cables are attached to...

Not sure if I should get or not. Already got the original release. I'm rather surprised they're doing him again. I remember the prior one sitting in stock for like two years in some places. Definitely wasn't a top seller. Maybe they're seeing if accessories make a difference. And where the hell is MG21?

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

Andagi1
GPN Volunteer

Post by Andagi1 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:12 am Curious as to what Gigan's cables are attached to...

Not sure if I should get or not. Already got the original release. I'm rather surprised they're doing him again. I remember the prior one sitting in stock for like two years in some places. Definitely wasn't a top seller. Maybe they're seeing if accessories make a difference. And where the hell is MG21?
Me too. I can't really justify $150 just for a beam and cables, but knowing how big Godzilla has been recently, I wouldn't be surprised if most new SHMA will be profitable. Was really expecting MG21 to be the last release, but we're still talking SHMA here. There's still a few figures that haven't made it onto the repaint checklist. Guess I wouldn't mind finally getting Moguera...