Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Re: Unpopular Godzilla Opinions

Post by Jermobooka »

_JNavs_ wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:34 pm LMG being a good design is still the popular opinion lol.

Yup. Most people really like it. Most people really like the MV designs in general lol there are a few...outliers, though
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Voyager wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:47 pm LMG sucks Mecha balls IMO. Just as bad as the knock-off RPO version.
You had me with "sucks mecha balls" but then lost me with "kockoff RPO version".

LMG is a piece of crap yes, but RPO kicks LMG's mecha ballz anyday of the week and twice on Tuesdays.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Jermobooka wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:53 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:34 pm LMG being a good design is still the popular opinion lol.

Yup. Most people really like it. Most people really like the MV designs in general lol there are a few...outliers, though
Most people who aren’t Toho Elitists like me and some of the older members.

Added in 1 minute 34 seconds:
goji89 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:55 pm
Voyager wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:47 pm LMG sucks Mecha balls IMO. Just as bad as the knock-off RPO version.
You had me with "sucks mecha balls" but then lost me with "kockoff RPO version".

LMG is a piece of crap yes, but RPO kicks LMG's mecha ballz anyday of the week and twice on Tuesdays.
I said he’s just as bad as the trashy RPO knockoff. Not that he’s an RPO knockoff. They’re both bad. But I agree, I now realise RPO is worse.
Last edited by Voyager on Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Voyager wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:58 pm

I said he’s just as bad as the trashy RPO knockoff. Not that he’s an RPO knockoff. They’re both bad. But I agree, I now realise RPO is worse.
I didn't say you said LGM was an RPO knock-off fool. I said you lost me with you saying RPO was the knock-off.

Who hurt you today? Wanna talk about it?

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

goji89 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:42 pm
godjacob wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:27 pm
But are you actually sorry? I am not sure you are.
Don't you dare question my remorsefulness in having to break, destroy and piss on the imagination and innocence of the kaiju world to the kids on this forum.
Sounds like what somebody without remorse would say as a cover ;)

Haven't gotten that opinion yet in this thread or in most circles. If anything here MV Mecha G is a piece of garbage seems to be the growing consensus.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

MV MG is... okay. It's sorely missing its crest, the uncloseable mouth looks stupid, and there's just waytoo much detail on its armor.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

godjacob wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:24 pm Haven't gotten that opinion yet in this thread or in most circles. If anything here MV Mecha G is a piece of garbage seems to be the growing consensus.
Then you're showing your own bias lol. Just frequent the MV threads. Voyager does not speak for the entire fanbase. I count maybe 3 people in this current thread, tops, who seriously hate the MV design.

Also, saying "most circles" in regards to such a large fandom is like saying "i know Infinity War is bad because I asked 5 marvel fans". Doesn't register, nor can it even begin to fathom as a "growing consensus".
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

I think people are just enamored with how it manhandled Godzilla more than anything, instead of it's actual design. Give it a few months after the hype to see the true consensus lol.

Added in 2 minutes 38 seconds:
_JNavs_ wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:26 pm
godjacob wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:24 pm Haven't gotten that opinion yet in this thread or in most circles. If anything here MV Mecha G is a piece of garbage seems to be the growing consensus.
Then you're showing your own bias lol. Just frequent the MV threads. Voyager does not speak for the entire fanbase. I count maybe 3 people in this current thread, tops, who seriously hate the MV design.

Also, saying "most circles" in regards to such a large fandom is like saying "i know Infinity War is bad because I asked 5 marvel fans". Doesn't register, nor can it even begin to fathom as a "growing consensus".
Dude, it is a growing consensus in not liking this MG. Just because you love it and don't want to see the other side doesn't make it untrue. I know other fans and most didn't like it as well, not loathe it just thought it was bad design.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

goji89 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:05 pm
Voyager wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:58 pm

I didn't say you said LGM was an RPO knock-off fool. I said you lost me with you saying RPO was the knock-off.

Who hurt you today? Wanna talk about it?
RPO looks like a knockoff Mechagodzilla in general, fool. Like it’s not even Mechagodzilla while also attempting to be MG.
Last edited by Voyager on Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

MVMG is bland AF but I've seen way worse.

Added in 2 minutes 6 seconds:
Then again I'm only going by the toys.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

The war's happening!

Added in 1 minute 31 seconds:
goji89 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:31 pm I think people are just enamored with how it manhandled Godzilla more than anything, instead of it's actual design.
Exactly.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Is this the war they talked about in Godzilla vs. Kong?

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

I'm going to just drop in quickly because the comment about Monsterverse designs being beloved that whatever you think on the designs, the Monsterverse is easily some of the best takes on these CHARACTERS in years.

I'll go now. Don't fight too much boys, I don't want to get ModdyNoodles on ya.

Added in 47 seconds:
godjacob wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:03 am Is this the war they talked about in Godzilla vs. Kong?
Yes, but that means we need a Mechagodzilla to unite them.

somebody insult Shin Godzilla so we can get a Shin stan in on this.

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:35 am I'm going to just drop in quickly because the comment about Monsterverse designs being beloved that whatever you think on the designs, the Monsterverse is easily some of the best takes on these CHARACTERS in years.

I mean, why would i fight? It's true... well except Rodan. I don't like how they made him the kaiju version of Starscream.
Last edited by Gigantis on Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I can't look at Shin without thinking of a burnt meatball. He's almost as fast as one too.

Last edited by _JNavs_ on Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:39 am
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:35 am I'm going to just drop in quickly because the comment about Monsterverse designs being beloved that whatever you think on the designs, the Monsterverse is easily some of the best takes on these CHARACTERS in years.

I mean, why would i fight? It's true... well except Rodan's cowardly nature, i don't like that still.
Cowardly? 95% of Titans across the world bowed to Ghidorah without a fight, Rodan charged beak first to fight the Alpha Titan and had to be beaten down in order to bend the knee. Doesn't scream cowardly to me.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

godjacob wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:43 am
Cowardly? 95% of Titans across the world bowed to Ghidorah without a fight, Rodan charged beak first to fight the Alpha Titan and had to be beaten down in order to bend the knee. Doesn't scream cowardly to me.
Yeah i rephrased that, i don't like how they pretty much made him the kaiju version of Starscream where he gets beaten and suddenly ends up becoming a loyal servant. That's never how i viewed Rodan, i prefer to see him as a independent monster who doesn't bend his knee to anything. Honestly Kong's refusal to bow in GVK was what i wish Rodan was.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:50 am
godjacob wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:43 am
Yeah i rephrased that, i don't like how they pretty much made him the kaiju version of Starscream where he gets beaten and suddenly ends up becoming a loyal servant. That's never how i viewed Rodan, i prefer to see him as a independent monster who doesn't bend his knee to anything. Honestly Kong's refusal to bow in GVK was what i wish Rodan was.
Pick one.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

No offense, Gigantis, I just need to rant and you brought it up lol, but I HATE the Starscream comparison for LP's Rodan.

Starscream is a bastard who schemes to overthrow Megatron and backstab anyone who would stop him, only putting a facade of pure loyalty when he's cornered.

Rodan is a wild card who just knows when he's facing someone who would END HIS ASS if he tried anything, knows to kneel and follow what they say.

I'd compare him to Grimlock more then anything, especially the film version where Prime had to knock him into submisson to make him listen.

RIP Evan.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Literally every person who makes the Starscream comparison seems like they've never seen a single Transformers show or movie.