Gamera (Heisei) vs Monster X

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise. To post, you must join the FM Usergroup.
GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Gamera (Heisei) vs Monster X

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Gamera (Heisei) VS Monster X

Arena: Ruined Tokyo (FW)

Rules: G3 Gamera.
No Keizer Ghidorah.
No retreat.

Verdict: Leaning Monster X. Gamera’s gonna struggle to break through his immense durability, Monster X’s agility will give him an edge in melee, and the Destroyed Thunder Beams will wreak havoc on Gamera if they connect. If Gamera busts out the Banishing Fist or the Ultimate Plasma (yes I know it’s G3 Gamera and not G2, he should still be able to use the attack) he has a chance, but otherwise I don’t see his arsenal being enough to net him a win here.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Gamera (Heisei) vs Monster X

Post by Giratina93 »

Unfortunately for Gamera, he's just nowhere near as durable as Monster X, so while he can definitely land some good blows, once the thunder beams start coming out from Monster X, Gamera's just kinda toast. The ONE bright side for this is X doesn't really go for his beams unless the other opponent goes for beams of his own, so Gamera can kinda do his thing until he eventually goes for a fireball, it doesn't do enough, and Monster X shreds through Gamera with his own beams.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Kaltes-Herzeleid
JXSDF Technician

Post by Kaltes-Herzeleid »

It'd be a tough fight, but without being able to transform into Keizer Ghidorah and facing Gamera when he was at the peak of his power and most vicious, I Monster X loses in the long run.
Resized Image

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Considering Heisei Gamera was at one point shot down by regular jets and his weight is laughable compared to Monster X I don't see Gamera pulling a win unless he manages to hit a full power Mana Beam. Which by the time Gamera realizes he'd have to use that (And be willing to risk Earth's safety to do so) he'll be long dead from either Monster X's melee or bolts.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

he's just nowhere near as durable as Monster X
How is letting your opponent sit on you and slap at you for a good three minutes durable?
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

godjacob wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:22 pm and his weight is laughable compared to Monster X
FMs are automatically scaled unless otherwise stated. Weight won't be a factor here.

Anyway, since this is G3 Gamera, he takes this pretty easily. Not only is he more durable than in the previous two movies, but the firepower (heh) of those fireballs is nothing to sneeze at.
Last edited by Spuro on Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Kaiju-King42 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:38 pm
godjacob wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:22 pm and his weight is laughable compared to Monster X
FMs are automatically scaled unless otherwise stated. Weight won't be a factor here.

Anyway, since this is G3 Gamera, he takes this pretty easily. Not only is he more durable than in the previous two movies, but the firepower (heh) of those fireballs is nothing to sneeze at.
Fair enough, but even with that Monster X is packing more power behind his blasts (Ties with FW Godzilla's standard beams which are above the fireballs Gamera shoots) and superior hand to hand against Gamera's lesser durability still got Monster X taking this comfortably.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

LamangoKaijura wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:27 pm
How is letting your opponent sit on you and slap at you for a good three minutes durable?
The fact he didn't just instantly die to FW Godzilla like every other monster in the movie does show that Monster X has more durability than the rest of the FW cast. That's not saying much, but the fact he withstood the beam clash between himself and Godzilla and didn't seem severely injured does help his case. He can take a lot of hits and keep trucking, and he does have incredible strength and at least decently potent eye bolts... The problem with Monster X is, he doesn't use any of his tools effectively and is a crap fighter despite everything else that's going for him.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

The fact he didn't just instantly die to FW Godzilla like every other monster in the movie does show that Monster X has more durability than the rest of the FW cast.
So does fucking Showa Minilla.
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

The Final Wars hate-wank is strong is this thread.
For Emperor and Empire!

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Voyager wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:26 pm The Final Wars hate-wank is strong is this thread.
Final Wars is the most fucking over rated, fan-wanked kaiju film. All the kaiju in it? Their Showa versions were more impressive. WAY more impressive. Hell, Keizer Ghidorah was lacking one amazing fact that ALL Ghidorahs prior and since have had. Flight. Keizer Ghidorah is SO fucking pathetic, it couldn't fly.
Showa Rodan compared to GFW Rodan? Showa crashed into the 30,000 ton Ghidorah at top speed mid air, crashed onto a sharp rock. GFW Rodan? Was taken out after nose diving into a fucking mountain, when earlier, we literally saw him do amazing aerial maneuvers in New York City, but he was too busy screaming like an idiot to fucking fly.
Showa Anguirus? Survived beatings from Ghidorah, Gigan, and Fake Godzilla, getting dropped onto his back from hundreds of feet in the air, and then stomped on. GFW Anguirus? Taken out by crashing into a mountain in what was his most armored form, a spiked armored ball.
Showa King Caesar? Survived an onslaught from MechaGodzilla and the all out attack, then charged right back into battle and severely damaged MechaGodzilla. GFW King Caesar? Was knocked out after he was gently thrown into a mountain.
Showa Hedorah? Could literally end the fucking world. GFW Hedorah? Was taken out by getting pinned by a lobster. Do I need to fucking continue?

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

LamangoKaijura wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:00 pm
Voyager wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:26 pm The Final Wars hate-wank is strong is this thread.
Final Wars is the most fucking over rated, fan-wanked kaiju film. All the kaiju in it? Their Showa versions were more impressive. WAY more impressive. Hell, Keizer Ghidorah was lacking one amazing fact that ALL Ghidorahs prior and since have had. Flight. Keizer Ghidorah is SO fucking pathetic, it couldn't fly.
Showa Rodan compared to GFW Rodan? Showa crashed into the 30,000 ton Ghidorah at top speed mid air, crashed onto a sharp rock. GFW Rodan? Was taken out after nose diving into a fucking mountain, when earlier, we literally saw him do amazing aerial maneuvers in New York City, but he was too busy screaming like an idiot to fucking fly.
Showa Anguirus? Survived beatings from Ghidorah, Gigan, and Fake Godzilla, getting dropped onto his back from hundreds of feet in the air, and then stomped on. GFW Anguirus? Taken out by crashing into a mountain in what was his most armored form, a spiked armored ball.
Showa King Caesar? Survived an onslaught from MechaGodzilla and the all out attack, then charged right back into battle and severely damaged MechaGodzilla. GFW King Caesar? Was knocked out after he was gently thrown into a mountain.
Showa Hedorah? Could literally end the fucking world. GFW Hedorah? Was taken out by getting pinned by a lobster. Do I need to fucking continue?
Jesus christ calm down. It's just a movie.

Also, you seem to be avoiding the actual kaiju we're talking about in this thread and all you said that even remotely comes to close to Monster X is calling Keizer pathetic because he can't fly. This just seems like an excuse to cry about how much you hate Final Wars, which is fine on it's own, but this is an FM. We're talking about Monster X, who actually has good feats of strength and durablity.
For Emperor and Empire!

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

LamangoKaijura wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:00 pm
Final Wars is the most skreeonking over rated, fan-wanked kaiju film. All the kaiju in it? Their Showa versions were more impressive. WAY more impressive. Hell, Keizer Ghidorah was lacking one amazing fact that ALL Ghidorahs prior and since have had. Flight. Keizer Ghidorah is SO skreeonking pathetic, it couldn't fly.
Showa Rodan compared to GFW Rodan? Showa crashed into the 30,000 ton Ghidorah at top speed mid air, crashed onto a sharp rock. GFW Rodan? Was taken out after nose diving into a skreeonking mountain, when earlier, we literally saw him do amazing aerial maneuvers in New York City, but he was too busy screaming like an idiot to skreeonking fly.
Showa Hedorah? Could literally end the skreeonking world. GFW Hedorah? Was taken out by getting pinned by a lobster. Do I need to skreeonking continue?

Really? Cause from what I see FW Kamacuras would body Showa Kamacuras, FW Manda can actually move compared to the amazingly stiff Showa Manda along with fighting the more impressive Gotengo. This just seems like a hate boner for FW not an actual objectively analysis.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

Also, I’d like to add that GFW Hedorah never actually died. In the credits, it’s shown that he’s alive, as is Mothra.
Last edited by Voyager on Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
For Emperor and Empire!

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Voyager wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:02 am Also, I’d like to add that GFW Hedorah never actually died. In the credits, it’s shown that he’s alive, as is Mothra.
It's been widely agreed that Hedorah in the credits is a cut scene of him rampaging for the Xiliens spliced in because it was the only footage they had of him NOT getting his ass kicked in. It is not evidence of him being alive.

I also want to add even as a fan of Final Wars, Lamango isn't half wrong. The Final Wars kaiju suck outside of like the ones in the finale.

I don't know who wins this though. Leaning Gamera because as Gira said, X is powerful but he sucks at fighting.

RIP Evan.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

When its Goji FW hitting you for three minutes and then you get up and continue to fight. The current equivalent is MV MG thrashing MV Goji for three minutes straight but no looks at that and thinks ,"Wow, MV Godzilla just isn't durable." :lol:

As for the match, I'm leaning toward Gamera. Monster X is a durable fighter, and he won't be going down easily. A barrage of plasma will surely hurt like hell, but I think its not enough to outright kill him. The main problem with Monster X winning though is while he is a good at taking punches :P , his power output is a bit lacking. This is not to say the Destroyed Thunder Beams aren't potent, but compared Legion's Concussive Ray, its far less powerful then what Gamera has been shown to take damage from. Therefore Gamera has a potent weapon which can eventually kill Monster X and the alien has no such weapon agaisnt his opponent.

The final aspect to consider is endurance. GvR noted Gamera isn't durable so much as he possesses great endurance and this assumption is spot on. Monster X can take hits, but was a bit winded by the end of his fight with FW Goji. Gamera meanwhile has undergone things the makers of Saw could only dream of doing and kept on fighting. There is no question Gamera, after a long drawn out battle, will eventually overcome an extremely winded Monster X, allowing him to finish him off with his signature plasma fireballs.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon

godjacob
Futurian

Post by godjacob »

Greyshot151 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:44 am
When its Goji FW hitting you for three minutes and then you get up and continue to fight. The current equivalent is MV MG thrashing MV Goji for three minutes straight but no looks at that and thinks ,"Wow, MV Godzilla just isn't durable." :lol:

As for the match, I'm leaning toward Gamera. Monster X is a durable fighter, and he won't be going down easily. A barrage of plasma will surely hurt like hell, but I think its not enough to outright kill him. The main problem with Monster X winning though is while he is a good at taking punches :P , his power output is a bit lacking. This is not to say the Destroyed Thunder Beams aren't potent, but compared Legion's Concussive Ray, its far less powerful then what Gamera has been shown to take damage from. Therefore Gamera has a potent weapon which can eventually kill Monster X and the alien has no such weapon agaisnt his opponent.

The final aspect to consider is endurance. GvR noted Gamera isn't durable so much as he possesses great endurance and this assumption is spot on. Monster X can take hits, but was a bit winded by the end of his fight with FW Goji. Gamera meanwhile has undergone things the makers of Saw could only dream of doing and kept on fighting. There is no question Gamera, after a long drawn out battle, will eventually overcome an extremely winded Monster X, allowing him to finish him off with his signature plasma fireballs.
Where is this evidence he was winded? All he did in FW was fight Godzilla with no signs of fatigue, even after the Xiliens were blown to dust and both he and Godzilla knocked each other back with a beam clash explosion he still seemed raring to go, even doing the "this isn't even my final form!" thing straight out of DBZ. I never got the impression he was feeling sluggish by the end.

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

When its Goji FW hitting you for three minutes and then you get up and continue to fight. The current equivalent is MV MG thrashing MV Goji for three minutes straight but no looks at that and thinks ,"Wow, MV Godzilla just isn't durable."
Again, I point out that other incarnations did more impressive shit, also, MV Godzilla literally blasted a tunnel all the way to hollow Earth, fought Kong all night, got an axe into his thigh, and then fought a mech when he was winded. Gee, who's better.

Greyshot151
KWC Contributor

Post by Greyshot151 »

godjacob wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:36 am Where is this evidence he was winded? All he did in FW was fight Godzilla with no signs of fatigue, even after the Xiliens were blown to dust and both he and Godzilla knocked each other back with a beam clash explosion he still seemed raring to go, even doing the "this isn't even my final form!" thing straight out of DBZ. I never got the impression he was feeling sluggish by the end.
Rewatched the scene and you're right. I'd still lean toward Gamera with his greater firepower and better showcases of endurance.
"...A great love is a lot like a good memory. When it's there, and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it, and try to force it, but the more you do, the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient, and you hold still, then maybe... Just maybe... It will come to you."
—Epsilon