Anime and Manga disscussion

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Anime and Manga disscussion

Post by JAGzilla »

Rody wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:19 pm When the first season originally broadcast, the story was told out of chronological order, starting with the "Adventures of Mikuru Asahina" episode. This was to enhance the mystery of the overall story without spoiling it halfway through, since the show covers multiple light novel volumes and the big reveal of the story's "gimmick" is the climax of the first novel.
When the show was released on home video, however, the episodes were reordered chronologically - and then, when season 2 aired, they aired BOTH seasons spliced together in chronological order. As far as I know, this is how the combined series has been offered since.
Having watched both broadcast and chronological order, the series is very good either way - but the original broadcast order turns season 1 into something a little extra special.
Interesting. I can definitely see the thought process behind the broadcast order. I think I prefer just keeping things simple and going with chronological order, but then they did reveal the gimmick very early on. It would presumably have more impact if it takes longer to get to it.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Yeah, in the original order the "Melancholy" arc was spread across the whole season and you didn't know the truth until the last couple of episodes. It keeps you guessing and on your toes. Ah, well, it is what it is.
Just remember that "The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina" was meant to be the introduction, when you get to it - once you finish Endless Eight.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

I was today years old when i found out they announced JoJo Stone Ocean. So hyped!
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

BiitoreinGoji94
Ronin

Post by BiitoreinGoji94 »

You have come a long way, Hajime Isayama. A story of this caliber was no easy feat to pen all by yourself. You should be proud of what you have created.

有難う, 諫山 創

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Well that ending fucking sucked. I can’t believe AoT ended in such a disgusting way
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:12 pm Well that ending skreeonking sucked. I can’t believe AoT ended in such a disgusting way
Are you talking about the manga or the anime?
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I just started watching the original Mach Go Go Go (AKA Speed Racer) subtitled. I am currently 15 episodes in.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:44 pm
gottatalktothefake wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:12 pm Well that ending skreeonking sucked. I can’t believe AoT ended in such a disgusting way
The manga ending. It was terrible. Threw out all the arcs and character development and foreshadowing. It was awful.
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:45 am
The manga ending. It was terrible. Threw out all the arcs and character development and foreshadowing. It was awful.
What? No, no don't say that. Fuck.

Seriously fuck.

I'm tempted to ask for spoilers here or pm'ed but damn....I don't know.
Last edited by goji89 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

goji89 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:59 pm

What? No, no don't say that. skreeonk.

Seriously skreeonk.

Read it for yourself. I saw people complaining about the ending on Facebook so I expected it to suck but I don't think it does at all. Would love to talk about it with you when you've read it.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

cloverfan98 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:02 pm

Seriously skreeonk.

Read it for yourself. I saw people complaining about the ending on Facebook so I expected it to suck but I don't think it does at all. Would love to talk about it with you when you've read it.
Yeah man, after seeing that post now I want to get to it. Without giving anything away was it what you expected?

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

goji89 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:05 pm

Seriously skreeonk.

Yeah man, after seeing that post now I want to get to it. Without giving anything away was it what you expected?
I'm not entirely sure what I expected of the ending if that makes sense. I think I more or less just expected what every rumor/leak said would happen. It did really surprise me and I won't say why but I did not see this kind of ending happening in this particular series. I've seen on all the AOT FB groups people saying that the ruined one specific character but I don't think that is the case at all.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

cloverfan98 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:12 pm
goji89 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:05 pm

I'm not entirely sure what I expected of the ending if that makes sense. I think I more or less just expected what every rumor/leak said would happen. It did really surprise me and I won't say why but I did not see this kind of ending happening in this particular series. I've seen on all the AOT FB groups people saying that the ruined one specific character but I don't think that is the case at all.
Oh man now I really want to read it. I hope it doesn't dissapoint me.

O.k I read it, and what the actual fuck. The Ymir thing with the King you gotta be shitting me then trying to tie that with Mikasa and Eren? What? I get what they were going for but the execution is screwed up. Erens life wasn't his he never was free, and I just I gotta process this more. I'm still in shock at this ending .......
Last edited by goji89 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Stopped reading attack on Titan once it became less about the Titans, and it sort of evidently became more clear that there was “something else going on”. That something else being the story being clearly inspired by Japanese nationalism, and research into the author indicating that he’s in support of a some fucked up and idolizes some bad people.

I read the final chapter, out of context mind you, but it seems to be a nice mixture of emotional closure, but at the same time seems to actually double down on some of those fucked up themes. Maybe I’m reading it all wrong. Author at the very least has good art and some other aspects to admire, but yeah...

Perhaps I’ll give the anime another chance, once it’s concluded, but I always got sour grapes and it became hard to unrealize certain things once I became aware of the fact.
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Like, it took a turn from what it was to what it became and the ending threw it out the damn window. Basically nothing got resolved it felt like a big F you to us who invested our time to the story and the characters.

Did it try to go out like some Evangelion psychological bull that "yup, the world is fucked up and it'll still be fucked up no matter what"?.

Like, what the Hell man.
Last edited by goji89 on Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

I must be crazy but I liked the ending. I don't agree that nothing was resolved especially with the characters but thats just me.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Eren was never free, Mikasa will forever be shackled to Eren, Eren is a mass murderer that accomplished nothing since everything stayed the same.

Just too many things that are insane to leave on.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

goji89 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:52 pm Eren was never free, Mikasa will forever be shackled to Eren, Eren is a mass murderer that accomplished nothing since everything stayed the same.

Just too many things that are insane to leave on.
Even if Eren killed 100% of the world outside Paradis in a couple of decades the people left on Paradis would have started in fighting for any multitude of reasons. Human nature doesn't change and war and hate are fundamental elements of human nature. The best possible course of action is to
Spoiler:
Remove the titan curse from humanity preventing any more deaths at the hands of titans and by destroying enough potential enemy forces to give his now titan powerless friends and country men a fighting chance against the rest of the world. Eren really did love Mikasa and Mikasa obviously loved Eren and you can't just walk away from those powerful emotions even when its the moral or healthy choice to do so. Again thats just basic human nature.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Sooo turns out there's about to be a WWE anime
https://comicbook.com/wwe/news/wwe-crun ... e-project/

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Just finished Endless Eight IV. This fucking show, man. Not only have they
Spoiler:
gotten me to watch the same episode four times now, but I've been on the edge of my seat every time. :lol: The building tension is insane. Not just any show could pull a stunt like this and make it work so well. And I absolutely love the attention to detail; the animators spared no expense making each episode just slightly different, with changing outfits and camera angles and so on. That must've been such a fun, unique challenge for them. Also, poor Nagato. I've rarely felt more sorry for a cartoon character. Every time she rattles off that number of repetitions is an emotional bat to the face like something out of Madoka Magika. Well... almost.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio