Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
steven
Monarch Researcher

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Rumor Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by steven »

_JNavs_ wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:08 pm
steven wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:07 pm
LockBite wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:48 pm
Kong: *shoves fingers into Godzilla’s gills*
Godzilla: You know what?
Scene continued

Kong: *shoves fingers in gills*

Godzilla: “harder daddy”

Kong: *conflicted feelings*
Rodan watches indiscriminately on a nearby building while eating a box of pophumans
Oh boy...Hong Kong is about to get wet and sticky

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

You guys crack me up irl :lol: :lol:

Anyway back on topic before mods snipe us, do we think Kong is going to get scarring similar to his K05 self on his face?
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:49 pm You guys crack me up irl :lol: :lol:

Anyway back on topic before mods snipe us, do we think Kong is going to get scarring similar to his K05 self on his face?
I think he eventually does from the footage. Couldnt really get a cleae shot but theres a moment where one of Kong's eyes seem to be damaged.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

yogi bareass wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:31 pm
LockBite wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:20 pm It’ll be weird if they end the movie with Godzilla in a coma. I hope that detail is wrong.

I hope that's not true as well; That would be silly.
Remember when Wingard tweeted that image from A Space Godzilla? The one with Godzilla washed up on the beach with her organs spilling out and humans doing an autopsy? Could that be a reference to this?
What if Godzilla is morbidly wounded and humans are trying to keep him alive? Again, I hope this doesn’t come to be, but it’s interesting.

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

LockBite wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:52 am
yogi bareass wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:31 pm
LockBite wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:20 pm It’ll be weird if they end the movie with Godzilla in a coma. I hope that detail is wrong.

I hope that's not true as well; That would be silly.
Remember when Wingard tweeted that image from A Space Godzilla? The one with Godzilla washed up on the beach with her organs spilling out and humans doing an autopsy? Could that be a reference to this?
What if Godzilla is morbidly wounded and humans are trying to keep him alive? Again, I hope this doesn’t come to be, but it’s interesting.
This is very plausible.

Kaijucifer
Gotengo Officer

Post by Kaijucifer »

Indeed! I didn't consider that until now.
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

I suppose I’m open to it if it’s done properly. That is to say- Godzilla doesn’t need their help for very long, and the humans have a believable reason to help him.

If the end credits scene shows them trying to revive Godzilla, I hope it also shows them succeeding. Maybe his plates suddenly glow or something.
Last edited by LockBite on Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla has the same character arc as DCEU Superman if that happens.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

KingKong2005 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:49 pm I agree! But here's a question. Do you think the lighting looked better in Pacific Rim or in GvK? I know it's extremely early to tell and of course I am absolutely reserving my judgement, but from what we have seen so far I kind of think the Pacific Rim lighting looks a bit better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYQjmj7 ... Movieclips
https://youtu.be/PmaH69Y7PG0?t=129

The reason I say so is because I think in Pacific Rim the fog and overall atmosphere is a bit more dense, resulting in the lights to bounce around more and kind of tie everything together as well as bring out the sheer scale of those monsters. But they look very close in comparison. What do you guys all think?
Honestly? Pacific Rim looks better. I think it's incredibly hard to beat that film in terms of visuals. I dare even say Pacific Rim is one of the nicest looking movies I've ever seen.

There is something ...off about the Hong Kong scenes in the GvK trailer to me... I think it's because of all the space you can see between the buildings, and the angles being very high. It doesn't quite seem like a city due to the angles, more like model buildings spaced together on a table if you get what I mean.

As for the whole Godzilla in a coma thing, where does this rumour come from? I don't really like it. He was presumed dead for the end scene of G14 before reviving, and he had the presumed death in KotM from the OD. If I see yet another one, it's going to be tiring. For me, it's just as bad, if not worse, than the whole "Godzilla falls into the Hollow Earth" rumour. I just want both of them to be triumphant. I know the tagline says "One will fall", but who cares? The tagline for Alien says "In space, noone can hear you scream" and there's plenty of screaming in that film.
Last edited by Thegarbagemonster on Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

gigaraptor99
Samurai

Post by gigaraptor99 »

With the mention in KOTM of "selling Titan DNA in the black market" and the end credits mentioning that Monarch already tried to create organic Titans in the past, i think is a matter of time that someone tries to get Godzilla dna in-universe.
Last edited by gigaraptor99 on Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should.”

''Mankind is poised midway between the gods and the beasts, that may have been true in Plotinus time, but clearly we've fallen quite a way since then."

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Godzilla being in a coma is lame and not gonna happen. Will he be knocked out by MechaGodzilla sure but only momentarily but an actual legit coma nah doesn't make sense unless he's hibernating which already happened in previous films. My thoughts on the image Adam posted showing the harvested Godzilla is that they harvested DNA and used the bones of Dagon to build MechaGodzilla, they may have even used Kevin's brain to operate MechaGodzilla. That presents several valid reasons why Godzilla would be more pissed and aggressive than usual, one you used the bones of one of his fellow species which no doubt goes against the natural order that is designed specifically to kill him, two using Ghidorah's brain Godzilla senses that his archenemy has returned because of us again which also upsets the natural balance and three considering how much we've already disrupted balanced between the previous films as well as proving to be genuine threats with the the Oxygen Destroyer being step one and MechaGodzilla an extention of that yeah Godzilla has every right to be pissed and Kong practically got caught in the middle. The movie is gonna prove why Godzilla is the absolute rightful King of the Monsters or at least I hope so.
Last edited by DynomikeGojira on Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

steven
Monarch Researcher

Post by steven »

I am a bit skeptical on the coma rumors as well, simply because it is also the same rumor that stated that kong keeps his axe at the end of the Hong Kong battle.

This is probably not true because in the trailer, we see kong with no axe in a city that looks like Hong Kong in the day

Looking at someone while battle ready

So the axe is probably destroyed
Last edited by steven on Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

I think the axe gets destroyed when he hits Godzilla we do know based on the trailer that he doesn't have it the entire time.

Thegarbagemonster
EDF Instructor

Post by Thegarbagemonster »

steven wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:57 am I am a bit skeptical on the coma rumors as well, simply because it is also the same rumor that stated that kong keeps his axe at the end of the Hong Kong battle.

This is probably not true because in the trailer, we see kong with no axe in a city that looks like Hong Kong in the day

Thinking about this makes me wonder just how the battle will even play out. Are Kong and Godzilla really going to fight until daylight?

Here's a little theory of my own. I don't 100% believe in it, because Mechagodzilla's shot in the trailer seems to be in the same area, but what if the huge explosion we see at the start is actually Kong bursting out of the Hollow Earth into Hong Kong, where Godzilla already is? Maybe that's how the fight begins.

I guess we'll have to find out. At this point I doubt we'll know any more actual plot details until people see early screenings, which won't be anytime soon, right?

Monke
Interpol Agent

Post by Monke »

Thegarbagemonster wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:12 am
steven wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:57 am I am a bit skeptical on the coma rumors as well, simply because it is also the same rumor that stated that kong keeps his axe at the end of the Hong Kong battle.

Thinking about this makes me wonder just how the battle will even play out. Are Kong and Godzilla really going to fight until daylight?

Here's a little theory of my own. I don't 100% believe in it, because Mechagodzilla's shot in the trailer seems to be in the same area, but what if the huge explosion we see at the start is actually Kong bursting out of the Hollow Earth into Hong Kong, where Godzilla already is? Maybe that's how the fight begins.

I guess we'll have to find out. At this point I doubt we'll know any more actual plot details until people see early screenings, which won't be anytime soon, right?
Well some areas in the world will get it 2 weeks before US does so if you want to know what happens, it shouldn’t be hard to find on the internet at that point. I’ll probably go dark then until release on the 31st
Last edited by Monke on Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Agent Smith
Monsterland Worker

Post by Agent Smith »

I don't buy the Godzilla in a coma thing. I just don't see Toho allowing that. From their perspective if you switch the focus in the MV from Godzilla to Kong that means less focus and money is going to Godzilla. From a business standpoint it makes no sense.

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

It could be similar to the end of 2014 except they don’t show him getting up (albeit with more aggressive and visible wounds that will regenerate anyway). The next movie could show them speeding up his recovery to save the planet from a new foe in a triumphant “Return Of The King” style narrative.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

The COMA makes a lot of sense. Godzilla presumably can't be killed but Legendary is not promised the rights going forward. You need someway to write him out of the films and explain why he doesnt show up again without killing him if they did want to continue with Kong.

Just playing Devils advocate, let's say Toho doesn't make a new deal and Legendary makes Kong 2 and they makes 700m plus, Kadokawa then brings them Gamera and Cloverfield ends up with Legendary and both these films do 500m+. That justifies keeping the series going but with let's say another Titan comes down and Clover, Gamera and Kong barely defeat it? Where is Godzilla who we know should have appeared? Coma, he isn't coming back.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Godzilla doesn't deserve that it should be more open ended just have him hibernate until another threat arises. If you can't do Godzilla or Kong the Monsterverse becomes pointless and you might as well end with GvK

Monke
Interpol Agent

Post by Monke »

I say just do what they did at the end of 2014. Wherever he supposedly goes or does can be written into the next Godzilla movie or entry
Last edited by Monke on Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.