What's going on in the Kiryu Saga nowadays?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Gailah 1966
Monarch Researcher

Re: What's going on in the Kiryu Saga nowadays?

Post by Gailah 1966 »

They rebuild machines like Super-Mechagodzilla (1993), Mogera (1994) and Super X-III (1995) and fight giant monsters in our solar system and in outer space. Oh and make a netflix series (live action show) out of this idea, thanks ;)
BIG FAN SURVEY 2023 --> viewtopic.php?t=34920
BIG FAN SURVEY 2020 --> viewtopic.php?t=30470
Video of 2020´s results --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUxyzsQxwa4

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

Due to humanity still arrogantly holding onto and using the DNA of other Kaiju, Ghost Godzilla's gonna appear and start F-ing sh*t up.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

ShinGojira14 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:26 pm Due to humanity still arrogantly holding onto and using the DNA of other Kaiju, Ghost Godzilla's gonna appear
that isn't a bad idea

Added in 4 minutes 10 seconds:
it would make sense too, even with Kiryu at the bottom of the sea. how pissed would you be if you just wanted to rest and you had to drag your ass out of the ocean because the humans won't stop their shit?
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

Erimaki Anguirus
Ronin

Post by Erimaki Anguirus »

Oxygen Destroyer radiation has strange effects on Crustaceans. The JSDF really likes robot monkeys to.
Last edited by Erimaki Anguirus on Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

CrimsonBloodX wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:38 am The Japanese government continues to let scientists mess with the monsters' DNA. They made more mechs based on the monsters that attacked Japan. This causes the two Mothras, now in imago form, to declare war of humanity like what the Shobijin said. The government declares the Mothras and the Shobijin as enemies of Japan, and so using the Anti-Megalosaurus Force to fight against them while protests and then a revolution against the mechs sweep the nation.

Eventually, the mechs are destroyed and the projects for them are abandoned. The Mothras stops their rampage, the Shobijin forgives Japan and the two Mothras goes back to defending Japan from other monsters.
With this, I easily imagine Battra as the defender of humanity in a role-reversal with Mothra.

Plus, I don't think mankind would much forgiving of the Mothras and Shobijin. Plus, what if a kanji is too strong even for said two Mothras?
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

SonOfGorgo wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:28 pm
CrimsonBloodX wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:38 am The Japanese government continues to let scientists mess with the monsters' DNA. They made more mechs based on the monsters that attacked Japan. This causes the two Mothras, now in imago form, to declare war of humanity like what the Shobijin said. The government declares the Mothras and the Shobijin as enemies of Japan, and so using the Anti-Megalosaurus Force to fight against them while protests and then a revolution against the mechs sweep the nation.

Eventually, the mechs are destroyed and the projects for them are abandoned. The Mothras stops their rampage, the Shobijin forgives Japan and the two Mothras goes back to defending Japan from other monsters.
With this, I easily imagine Battra as the defender of humanity in a role-reversal with Mothra.

Plus, I don't think mankind would much forgiving of the Mothras and Shobijin. Plus, what if a kanji is too strong even for said two Mothras?
Good point.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

tbeasley wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:21 pm Image
This is officially a "what if" scenario, but I have to admit it would've been nice if it had been made into a film and turned the duology into a trilogy (after all, trilogies are the "in" thing for film studios in this day and age).
Last edited by mikelcho on Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.

G-Matt
Futurian

Post by G-Matt »

At G-Fest this year, Yumiko Shaku was actually asked where she'd see Akane now, 20 years later. Her answer was pleasantly surprising: "Prime Minister."
G2000 wrote:Rebuild of Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0: You Did (Not) Expect Godzilla, Did You

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

King Ghidorah (the REAL one) comes to Earth fxckin shxt up! This means the ole Big G has to come outta the ocean and wreck some ass!
For Emperor and Empire!

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

G-Matt wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:28 pm At G-Fest this year, Yumiko Shaku was actually asked where she'd see Akane now, 20 years later. Her answer was pleasantly surprising: "Prime Minister."
I mean, she would have an extremely impressive resume and probably be regarded as some type of war hero. I could see that.

ShadowCloud
Ronin

Post by ShadowCloud »

^^ 100% agree

OrnithopodaistheBest
GPN Volunteer

Post by OrnithopodaistheBest »

This saga should really have been a trilogy. I feel like Tokyo SOS had a lot of ideas but due to the Toho execs rushing the movies to meet deadlines and the film's length there just wasn't enough time to properly insert everything the staff wanted in the final movie.