Offical Dragon Ball Thread

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Offical Dragon Ball Thread

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Of course Toei is denying everything.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

New Dragon Ball Super movie confirmed to be in production

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

First look and gameplay footage for the upcoming DBZ RPG Dragonball Z: Kakarot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJdsc5YFG64&t=233s
Last edited by Tyrant_Lizard_King on Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Godzillian wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB6ACvkkHXw

I can tell where this is going.

After the Dragon Ball Super series, you make 2 movies so that they can recapped for the next tv series, boom you have your first 25-50 episodes right there. Plus you can make a third saga with Moro, which will no doubt be well into its chapters by the time this next movie rolls around.

Clever.
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:

After the Dragon Ball Super series, you make 2 movies so that they can recapped for the next tv series, boom you have your first 25-50 episodes right there. Plus you can make a third saga with Moro, which will no doubt be well into its chapters by the time this next movie rolls around.

Clever.
Except it's been confirmed moro and the broly movie aren't going to be used for the anime
Last edited by GodzillavsJason on Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Godzillian wrote:

Clever.
Except it's been confirmed moro and the broly movie aren't going to be used for the anime

Got a link for me? I'd like to read it.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

We don't know for certain about the Moro arc yet but I'm pretty sure they will not recap Broly.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

So apparently the Broly movie that just got released on BD by Funimation has a green tint on it, which just goes to show Toei is screwing American audiences over once again. Everyone's blaming Funimation though as if they got a say in the matter.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Godzillian wrote:

Clever.

Geekdom covered it on his YouTube

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Anyone excited for the new DB game?

I don't know how to feel about it.

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

goji89 wrote:Anyone excited for the new DB game?

I don't know how to feel about it.
I`m really excited to see Goku go super saiyan and fight Frieza agaaaaaaain. :roll:
Last edited by LSD Jellyfish on Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Godzillian wrote:
Godzillian wrote: Except it's been confirmed moro and the broly movie aren't going to be used for the anime

Geekdom covered it on his YouTube
Yeah, that doesn't really mean anything.

Though, what's moro?

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Kaiju no Kami wrote: Though, what's moro?
Moro is a powerful goat like demon who’s the main villain of the current arc of the manga.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

The Moro arc is probably one of the better things to happen in DragonBall Super.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Moro is basically Dragonball's version of Galactus.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

TyrantGojira wrote:
Moro is a powerful goat like demon who’s the main villain of the current arc of the manga.
Oh, okay. The manga isn't there yet in the US, so I don't know what comes after the universal tournament. If they're not going to animate that, then that is ultra lame and I see no reason to continue watching Super when the manga is clearly superior.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Kaiju no Kami wrote:
TyrantGojira wrote:
Oh, okay. The manga isn't there yet in the US, so I don't know what comes after the universal tournament. If they're not going to animate that, then that is ultra lame and I see no reason to continue watching Super when the manga is clearly superior.
Geekdom said their skipping Broly, he never said they were skipping Moro. He didn't know if their animating that arc yet.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

I wonder then how the next series will start if Broly won't be recapped, nor Moro brought in. Please no more tournaments.

Also, is any one here a fan of the funimation characterization of Goku, commonly referred to as "Superman Goku"? I know it's really accurate to the Japanese version of Goku, but having grown up with that, damage is done. I recall reading somewhere a longtime ago that Funimation changed Goku's personality to be more heroic to kids, less selfish etc. Definitely worked on me.
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaiju no Kami
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Kaiju no Kami »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:I wonder then how the next series will start if Broly won't be recapped, nor Moro brought in. Please no more tournaments.

Also, is any one here a fan of the funimation characterization of Goku, commonly referred to as "Superman Goku"? I know it's really accurate to the Japanese version of Goku, but having grown up with that, damage is done. I recall reading somewhere a longtime ago that Funimation changed Goku's personality to be more heroic to kids, less selfish etc. Definitely worked on me.
Watch, they'll resurrect another previous villain and turn him good because that's all the show knows how to do.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:I wonder then how the next series will start if Broly won't be recapped, nor Moro brought in. Please no more tournaments.

Funi Goku is a much better character to me now days. I feel like Toriyama is actively working to make Goku a hated character now days.

Added in 34 seconds:
Kaiju no Kami wrote:

Watch, they'll resurrect another previous villain and turn him good because that's all the show knows how to do.
You just described DBZ and Toriyama is he is the one doing all that.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image