What's going on in the Kiryu Saga nowadays?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Re: What's going on in the Kiryu Saga nowadays?

Post by GigaBowserG »

Terasawa wrote:So, a Japanese book that came out in 2002. I'd like to know how much of this was officially intended or recognized by the people who worked on the films. I think it's worth dismissing these anecdotes altogether as they aren't important in the context of the films themselves.
Actually, the book came out in 2016! And the timeline was written by GXM production assistant/GMMG producer Kazunari Yamanaka (credited as "Kazufumi Yamanaka" in the book for some reason).
Last edited by GigaBowserG on Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Terasawa wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Pardon me for going a tad off topic, but may I ask where it was said that Ghidorah and Gigan canonically showed up in this timeline?
From the main page:
The Godzilla X Mechagodzilla Completion (ISBN: 9784798613536) lists a history of the self defense force as it relates to monsters for Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (2002) and Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. (2003). This includes citing the battle against Kumonga and Gigan by the Type 66 Maser Beam Tanks, while also noting the SDF's confrontation with King Ghidorah in 1999 with the following passage:

"1999: Together with Mothra, with whom the SDF had once fought against, King Ghidorah was annihilated."
So, a Japanese book that came out in 2002. I'd like to know how much of this was officially intended or recognized by the people who worked on the films. I think it's worth dismissing these anecdotes altogether as they aren't important in the context of the films themselves.
I find the canonicity of that up for debate.

Added in 26 days 2 hours 16 minutes 56 seconds:
^Well in that case In addition to Godzilla's DNA being worked with, King Ghidorah's DNA is also reverse-engineered, resulting in the creation of Dorats.

Once Japan is able to exceed in both robotics (and also presumably biotech) as they purportedly do in the far future of this timeline with multiple mecha-versions of various kaiju, the nation becomes the #1 world superpower, much to the chagrin of a few envious individuals who have a plan for if such a thing were to happen...

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

edgaguirus wrote:DNA research will eventually be used for the private sector. Small versions of kaiju could be produced for labor purposes. But then one company will accidentally produce a male kaiju and it will breed. Before long, wild kaiju will be roaming the country.
Sooooo..... the premise of Pokemon or the original versions of Digimon then? The original Digimon toys were virtual pets that killed each other until the American version changed it. Or like the movie Rampage.

I can't see how this could possibly go wrong.

Ironcarnage101
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ironcarnage101 »

After Kiryu submerged into the depths of the Pacific with the second Godzilla, I would like to imagine that the Japanese Government learnt from their mistakes with Kiryu and left everything Godzilla-related out of all future Mecha-Projects, and stopped integrating DNA into Mechs. Though Japan has built an army of Kaiju Mechas around the Kaiju existing in that continuity. The Anti-Megalosaurus Force has been monitoring Kiryu and Godzilla's slumber to prevent another land-fall from either of them, though kaiju attacks have risen since Godzilla has vanished, mostly because of their biggest fear/competition literally disappearing.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Ironcarnage101 wrote:After Kiryu submerged into the depths of the Pacific with the second Godzilla, I would like to imagine that the Japanese Government learnt from their mistakes with Kiryu and left everything Godzilla-related out of all future Mecha-Projects, and stopped integrating DNA into Mechs. Though Japan has built an army of Kaiju Mechas around the Kaiju existing in that continuity. The Anti-Megalosaurus Force has been monitoring Kiryu and Godzilla's slumber to prevent another land-fall from either of them, though kaiju attacks have risen since Godzilla has vanished, mostly because of their biggest fear/competition literally disappearing.
What if they create a fully organic creature like Biollante or Destoroyah?
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Speaking of which, SonOfGorgo, any new stories in your Kiryu Saga storyline on fanfiction.net yet? I'd like to know so I can read them.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

mikelcho wrote:Speaking of which, SonOfGorgo, any new stories in your Kiryu Saga storyline on fanfiction.net yet? I'd like to know so I can read them.
I’ve been prioritising college work.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

What college do you attend? My brother went to University of Florida.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

mikelcho wrote:What college do you attend? My brother went to University of Florida.
Cambridge Regional

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Is that Cambridge in England?

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

mikelcho wrote:Is that Cambridge in England?
yup

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Oh, I'll bet the weather is very cold up there!

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

mikelcho wrote:Oh, I'll bet the weather is very cold up there!
You’ve no idea

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Oh yes I do; I grew up in PA, in the Philadelphia area. I know what it's like in the winter there.

Of course, these days it's probably much colder now than it was when I was a kid, what with the crazy weather and all in this day and age.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

mikelcho wrote:Oh yes I do; I grew up in PA, in the Philadelphia area. I know what it's like in the winter there.

Of course, these days it's probably much colder now than it was when I was a kid, what with the crazy weather and all in this day and age.
At least you got snow there, right?

We’ve got none so far over here

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Oh, when you said "cold" I thought you meant you had snow.

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

These threads are always interesting. In that universe I am sure more monsters have arrived, including human spawned abominations. Kiryu has probably had it. It was a piece of junk anyway. As for Godzilla I am not entirely sure, if Godzilla couldn't fully heal the first time I doubt he can this time too. Unless perhaps he just needed more time that he didn't get first time around? I think it is safe to say Godzilla lived, but it will probably be years before he is active again. I am sure with the humans conducting DNA experiments and the appearance of random kaiju in this universe I bet they will be begging for Godzilla to return.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

The Japanese government continues to let scientists mess with the monsters' DNA. They made more mechs based on the monsters that attacked Japan. This causes the two Mothras, now in imago form, to declare war of humanity like what the Shobijin said. The government declares the Mothras and the Shobijin as enemies of Japan, and so using the Anti-Megalosaurus Force to fight against them while protests and then a revolution against the mechs sweep the nation.

Eventually, the mechs are destroyed and the projects for them are abandoned. The Mothras stops their rampage, the Shobijin forgives Japan and the two Mothras goes back to defending Japan from other monsters.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

I like to imagine one of the Showa Era aliens finally invaded. In particular the Nebulans would fit perfectly narratively and thematically as Gigan is a cyborg

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

ROMG4 wrote:I like to imagine one of the Showa Era aliens finally invaded. In particular the Nebulans would fit perfectly narratively and thematically as Gigan is a cyborg
Hmm, in this case, would Gigan be a full on alien here or an Earth monster turned cyborg via Nebulan technology?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!