What's going on in the Kiryu Saga nowadays?

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

What's going on in the Kiryu Saga nowadays?

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Inspired by these two threads:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26864
viewtopic.php?t=26843

What do you think has happened ever since the events of the Kiryu films (Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla and Godzilla: Tokyo SOS)?

What will result from creating more mecha with DNA of various other kaiju? Will at least one of Mothra's twin offspring become an imago form? Will other monsters appear, like Anguirus, King Ghidorah, Ebirah, Kumonga, Hedorah, King Caesar, Battra, Megaguirus, etc? Will there be a search for the Oxygen Destroyer? Will Godzilla ever return...?

Pure fun speculation.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Re: What's going on in the Kiryu Saga nowadays?

Post by Tohosaurus »

Since monsters are a typical element of the planet in this universe, surely there have been more monsters. Isn't Space Amoeba in this universe also? So I would think even aliens and even alien monsters exist. Biollante probably won't be engineered after GTSOS, but I wouldn't be surprised if some Godzilla-something hybrid would be engineered.
Last edited by Tohosaurus on Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Tohosaurus wrote:Since monsters are a typical element of the planet in this universe, surely there have been more monsters. Isn't Space Amoeba in this universe also? So I would think even aliens and maybe alien monsters exist. Biollante probably won't be engineered after GTSOS, but I wouldn't be surprised if some Godzilla-something hybrid would be engineered. They'll need Mothra again.
Maybe Biollante would be an accident gone wild. They might even build a Moguera and/or a Mechamothra.

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

The tv show Chouseishin Gransazer is supposed to take place in the Kiryu Saga.

To me Godzilla breaks free from the web, now fully healed, but he doesn't attack humanity because the bones of 1954 were returned to sea. Knowing humanity they eventually become stupid again and clone some old kaiju.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Mysterious radio signals have been picked up from space, their source pinpointed from somewhere around Jupiter's orbit...
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

LegendZilla wrote:Radio signals have been picked up from space, specifically around Jupiter's orbit
King Ghidorah and/or Planet X?

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

SonOfGorgo wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Radio signals have been picked up from space, specifically around Jupiter's orbit
King Ghidorah and/or Planet X?
I think that's pretty obvious. In addition, progress will be made in micro-oxygen research and will be used not as a weapon as before, but rather as a means to assist growth in fish and other marine life for food. This plan may or may not backfire...
Last edited by LegendZilla on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

LegendZilla wrote:In addition, progress will be made in micro-oxygen research and will be used not as a weapon as before, but rather as a means to assist growth in fish and other marine life for food. This plan may or may not backfire...
Destoroyah... :shock:

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

DNA research will eventually be used for the private sector. Small versions of kaiju could be produced for labor purposes. But then one company will accidentally produce a male kaiju and it will breed. Before long, wild kaiju will be roaming the country.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

edgaguirus wrote:DNA research will eventually be used for the private sector. Small versions of kaiju could be produced for labor purposes. But then one company will accidentally produce a male kaiju and it will breed. Before long, wild kaiju will be roaming the country.
Like an Anguirus Hound?

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

That's a possibility for a land based kaiju. We might see Titanosaurus for underwater work, and Rodan for aerial use.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

edgaguirus wrote:That's a possibility for a land based kaiju. We might see Titanosaurus for underwater work, and Rodan for aerial use.
Speaking of which, I'd imagine other kaijus (those who haven't appeared in non-Godzilla films directed by Ishiro Honda, therefore not in the original timeline) being present across the world even to this day:
Anguirus - Same origin as Showa, except since the second Godzilla wasn't about in '55 (in this timeline at least) to fight Anguirus, he would still be around.
King Ghidorah - Same origin as Showa
Ebirah - Same origin as Showa
Kumonga - Same origin as Showa
Kamacuras - Same origin as Showa
Hedorah - Same origin as Showa
Gigan - Gigan would be similar to Kiryu, except built (not by humans but maybe by aliens of course) with the skeleton of a giant alien creature.
Jet Jaguar - A giant mecha built by the JXSDF
Megalon - A distant relative to the Meganulons.
King Caesar - Same origin as Showa
Titanosaurus - Same origin as Showa, except have an established rivalry with Godzilla species.
Biollante - Created via Godzilla DNA in the cliffhanger of Tokyo SOS.
Battra - A former guardian banished from Infant Island.
M.O.G.U.E.R.A. - Built by the JXSDF after the failure of Kiryu.
Destoroyah - Same origin as Heisei, created by the Oxygen Destroyer from Godzilla '54.
G.I.N.O. (aka Zilla) - Maybe same origin as the '98 film.
Megaguirus - Super-evolved meganulon.
M.U.T.O. -Same origin as Godzilla 2014.

Those are my ideas so far. What do you think?

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

Though not in a Godzilla film, how about the Gargantuas? Medical research finds a healing agent in G cells, and tries it out on a patient dying of cancer. The treatment seems to work, until it causes a mutation that turns the patient into a hairy giant called Sanda. As a former human, Sanda would wish to live in peace with man. Gaira's origin would remain the same.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

edgaguirus wrote:Though not in a Godzilla film, how about the Gargantuas? Medical research finds a healing agent in G cells, and tries it out on a patient dying of cancer. The treatment seems to work, until it causes a mutation that turns the patient into a hairy giant called Sanda. As a former human, Sanda would wish to live in peace with man. Gaira's origin would remain the same.
War of the Gargantuas is already an established part of the Kiryu timeline.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

The people of Planet X succeed in escaping into the future and pop up in this timeline.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Both that girl from GXGM and Shun Chujo could be dating.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Akane and Azusa should be dating too. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Pardon me for going a tad off topic, but may I ask where it was said that Ghidorah and Gigan canonically showed up in this timeline?

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

LegendZilla wrote:Pardon me for going a tad off topic, but may I ask where it was said that Ghidorah and Gigan canonically showed up in this timeline?
As well as Kumonga.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

LegendZilla wrote:Pardon me for going a tad off topic, but may I ask where it was said that Ghidorah and Gigan canonically showed up in this timeline?
From the main page:
The Godzilla X Mechagodzilla Completion (ISBN: 9784798613536) lists a history of the self defense force as it relates to monsters for Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla (2002) and Godzilla: Tokyo S.O.S. (2003). This includes citing the battle against Kumonga and Gigan by the Type 66 Maser Beam Tanks, while also noting the SDF's confrontation with King Ghidorah in 1999 with the following passage:

"1999: Together with Mothra, with whom the SDF had once fought against, King Ghidorah was annihilated."
So, a Japanese book that came out in 2002. I'd like to know how much of this was officially intended or recognized by the people who worked on the films. I think it's worth dismissing these anecdotes altogether as they aren't important in the context of the films themselves.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.