Two new Monsterverse games confirmed

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Two new Monsterverse games confirmed

Post by miguelnuva »

Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Re: Two new Monsterverse games confirmed

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Fucking…finally, it’s been so long since we ever had a Godzilla game, it’s a shame that most of them are coming to console but hey they’re doing something

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Mobile games. Yay.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Legion1979 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:40 am Mobile games. Yay.
It's one mobile and the other one is most likely consoles.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:42 am
Legion1979 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:40 am Mobile games. Yay.
It's one mobile and the other one is most likely consoles.
Please please be true, I haven’t played an actual Godzilla game besides mobile games.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Sounds cool, but at the risk of sounding like a debbie downer, I would be much more excited for a fighting game.

Gojira95
Monsterland Worker

Post by Gojira95 »

A 2.5D game from a small developer does not excite me Legendary....sigh.... I can only hope it'll be good at least.

"As the MonsterVerse continues to grow, we are committed to furthering the franchise's offerings within gaming, whether it's mobile, PC, consoles or VR, to give fans more opportunities to not only interact with their favorite Titans, but to continue exploring this rich world."

I can only hope this means they will eventually make a big budget game.

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

One game is playing as the Monsters. It sounds we might get something similar to Dawn of the Monsters (kaiju streets of rage Basically). Probably something as simple as playing as either Kong or Godzilla.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

darthzilla99 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:07 pm One game is playing as the Monsters. It sounds we might get something similar to Dawn of the Monsters (kaiju streets of rage Basically). Probably something as simple as playing as either Kong or Godzilla.
Be cool if we could select the following monsters as well.

Behemoth, Scylla, Methuselah, MUTO, King Ghidorah, Rodan, Mothra.

Godzillaninja2019
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzillaninja2019 »

hope for a fighting game or something to godzilla save the earth

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Zero interest in a mobile game. A 2.5 game could be interesting, but what would it be like? A cinematic platformer? A game where you traverse skyscrapers, jungles, and bases, where monsters fight in the background? It could be interesting, but I don't know.

The one big thing that the MV needs at this point is a fighting game. Either a standard 2D fighter, or a 3D brawler, similar to the Pipeworks trilogy. They already have the roster and locations to easily create such a thing.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:16 amThe one big thing that the MV needs at this point is a fighting game. Either a standard 2D fighter, or a 3D brawler, similar to the Pipeworks trilogy. They already have the roster and locations to easily create such a thing.
Just a Godzilla fighting game in general tbh notably having various incarnations of Godzilla including Legendary.

darthzilla99
JXSDF Technician

Post by darthzilla99 »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:16 am Zero interest in a mobile game. A 2.5 game could be interesting, but what would it be like? A cinematic platformer? A game where you traverse skyscrapers, jungles, and bases, where monsters fight in the background? It could be interesting, but I don't know.

The one big thing that the MV needs at this point is a fighting game. Either a standard 2D fighter, or a 3D brawler, similar to the Pipeworks trilogy. They already have the roster and locations to easily create such a thing.
The 2.5D is heavily implied that you're playing as the titans since the tagline "players will exploit the strength of the titans". Now weather that means playing only Kong and Godzilla or other titans who knows.
GVK: TNE is a modern day 70s Showa Godzilla movie. Being a massive budget modern blockbuster CGI film instead of traditional 70s tokusatsu techniques doesn't change that.

Monsterverse is not similar to either MCU nor Bayformers just because all three are big budget CGI blockbuster franchises.

KaijuMan80
GPN Volunteer

Post by KaijuMan80 »

Any more info on this potential console game? I sent a tweet to goramaru and nothing.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

KaijuMan80 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:00 pm Any more info on this potential console game? I sent a tweet to goramaru and nothing.
Rule of thumb is that if a thread hasn't been updated in a while, there's usually no news, sadly.