Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire NON-SPOILER THREAD

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Cookson
Futurian

Re: Godzilla vs Kong Sequel

Post by Cookson »

BurningCoolMan wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:41 am Surprised that no one pointed out you can you can see Godzilla's name poking out on the left
I noticed that to. I wish they would have showed that! Wonder what it says there… Godzilla vs Kong 2?
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

BurningCoolMan wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:41 am Surprised that no one pointed out you can you can see Godzilla's name poking out on the left
Lol you mean the "A"?

Handsome Shrek
G-Grasper

Post by Handsome Shrek »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:24 am Yeah the oil painting aesthetic was absolutely jaw-droppingly gorgeous in KOTM. In GvK they went for a vapor wave aesthetic that only really worked in the moment that they used the blade-runner esque Electronic score in the background.
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Some people here think KotM was an ugly movie but I beg to differ. The more regal aesthetic made it stand-out; whereas GvK looked so.... generic. Especially during the daytime scenes.
-Based AF

-Logically-minded free-thinker

-King of the Monsters is overhated

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Legion1979 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:23 am
Lol you mean the "A"?
Yeah :lol:

People really grasping at straws. I mean, maybe that does say "Godzilla", but you literally only see an "a" from that one image

JetJaguar391
Young Farmer

Post by JetJaguar391 »

Above anything, I just hope they bring back Bear McCreary. The soundtrack for GvK was dreadful beyond belief and completely sucked out a lot of hype moments for me.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Handsome Shrek wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:29 am
_JNavs_ wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:24 am Yeah the oil painting aesthetic was absolutely jaw-droppingly gorgeous in KOTM. In GvK they went for a vapor wave aesthetic that only really worked in the moment that they used the blade-runner esque Electronic score in the background.
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this. Some people here think KotM was an ugly movie but I beg to differ. The more regal aesthetic made it stand-out; whereas GvK looked so.... generic. Especially during the daytime scenes.
I think most of the "ugly" complaints about KOTM revolve mostly around the Boston fight, which I can't really argue with. The hideous blue filter, the ample amounts of particle effects mixed with some truly bad cinematography (although some good to be fair) was just a bad combination. I'd honestly say KOTM has some truly BEAUTIFUL individual shots that work as just images. It's just sometimes when you play out the actual scene, it can be very muddied and kind of unpleasant to look at. But overall, I'd say KOTM was very mixed in terms of looks.

I'd still take that over another poorly done neon aesthetic. Please don't do that again!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:07 am
Moogabunga wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 7:54 am Banned a week for literally nothing
Boy, I just can't imagine why. Nope. Not at all.
miguelnuva wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:20 am May have our first spoiler here.

Wingard is the director so Godzilla and Kong will likely look the same as in 2021.

I wonder if the studio will ask for minor changes for toy sales.
Not much of a spoiler. We've known he was in it since, well, before we knew it was even more than a possible sequel. I doubt we'll get any major design changes, but I would like to see Godzilla's spines change again, or at least get some lighter color.
You were suppose to laugh, it was a joke lol.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:32 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:07 am
Boy, I just can't imagine why. Nope. Not at all.

Wingard is the director so Godzilla and Kong will likely look the same as in 2021.

Not much of a spoiler. We've known he was in it since, well, before we knew it was even more than a possible sequel. I doubt we'll get any major design changes, but I would like to see Godzilla's spines change again, or at least get some lighter color.
You were suppose to laugh, it was a joke lol.
Oh. Well then, in that case.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

Moogabunga wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:08 am
Lol you mean the "A"?

People really grasping at straws. I mean, maybe that does say "Godzilla", but you literally only see an "a" from that one image
Nope willing to bet money that it says Godzilla since clapboards only have the working title the directors name and whose on the camera

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

You can see the top of the letter to its left. I think it looks too slanted to the right to be a capital "L."
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

Sammy19 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:03 am
Titanus_Rodan wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:13 am
Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:07 am Not much of a spoiler. We've known he was in it since, well, before we knew it was even more than a possible sequel. I doubt we'll get any major design changes, but I would like to see Godzilla's spines change again, or at least get some lighter color.
I'd prefer them to go more bone white in color
Yeah, the first production photo look of the spines were actually awesome. Sad they didn't go for it.

Added in 33 seconds:

I thought Wingard was working on the sequel to Face/Off first?
Wingard did say that the only reason that the didn't go through with the head and spine update was because he didn't want theorists going around saying that this godzilla is fake/another individual and discrediting the definitiveness of the fight. Now that he doesn't have that pressure, we might see some changes!

Also while I suspect the Face/Off sequel will see the light of day due to the original film being a cult classic (prolly 2026ish imo), I doubt that the majority of the Wingard films announced in the aftermath of GvK will end up going through production (rip thundercats).

edit: yooo pretty obvious detail but they got Ben Seresin, the cimatographer for GvK, doing this film.
Last edited by GojiSquid on Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

BurningCoolMan wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:15 pm
Moogabunga wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:08 am

Lol you mean the "A"?

clapboards only have the working title the directors name and whose on the camera
OK, if that's true, why would "Godzilla" be on there? The working title is "Origins". The director is Adam Wingard. Is Godzilla the cinematographer? :o :o

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

GojiSquid wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:56 pm
Sammy19 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 7:03 am
Titanus_Rodan wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 5:13 am

I'd prefer them to go more bone white in color
Yeah, the first production photo look of the spines were actually awesome. Sad they didn't go for it.

Added in 33 seconds:

I thought Wingard was working on the sequel to Face/Off first?
Wingard did say that the only reason that the didn't go through with the head and spine update was because he didn't want theorists going around saying that this godzilla is fake/another individual and discrediting the definitiveness of the fight. Now that he doesn't have that pressure, we might see some changes!

Also while I suspect the Face/Off sequel will see the light of day due to the original film being a cult classic (prolly 2026ish imo), I doubt that the majority of the Wingard films announced in the aftermath of GvK will end up going through production (rip thundercats).

edit: yooo pretty obvious detail but they got Ben Seresin, the cimatographer for GvK, doing this film.
I'm actually expecting Godzilla to look pretty much exactly like he did in Call of Duty

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

also that clapboard has bisexual lighting

Handsome Shrek
G-Grasper

Post by Handsome Shrek »

Moogabunga wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:21 am
I think most of the "ugly" complaints about KOTM revolve mostly around the Boston fight, which I can't really argue with. The hideous blue filter, the ample amounts of particle effects mixed with some truly bad cinematography (although some good to be fair) was just a bad combination. I'd honestly say KOTM has some truly BEAUTIFUL individual shots that work as just images. It's just sometimes when you play out the actual scene, it can be very muddied and kind of unpleasant to look at. But overall, I'd say KOTM was very mixed in terms of looks.

I'd still take that over another poorly done neon aesthetic. Please don't do that again!
The thing with the "blue filter" is I think it's actually green but certain settings on your screen can make it look blue and unappealing. It looks green to me under normal conditions. I've tried out different settings on my TVs and the "normal" condition always makes it a more appealing green color. I'd say its an issue with whatever settings you are watching it on.

I think King of the Monsters has some of the best CGI shots of any recent blockbuster film. I hope at least you aren't praising the hell out of Avengers: Endgame's VFX, because THAT is what I call an ugly movie. The climax looked flat unfinished.
Last edited by Handsome Shrek on Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Based AF

-Logically-minded free-thinker

-King of the Monsters is overhated

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

You were banned for calling someone the r word, so no you weren’t just banned for nothing you were being an dick to other members in the server so why not grow the fuck up and move on with your life it’s just a fucking movie

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Discussion of why somebody got a temp ban is not relevant to this thread. He shouldn't have brought it up here, and nobody should be replying about it.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Sammy19
Interpol Agent

Post by Sammy19 »

Handsome Shrek wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:32 am
Moogabunga wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:21 am

The thing with the "blue filter" is I think it's actually green but certain settings on your screen can make it look blue and unappealing. It looks green to me under normal conditions. I've tried out different settings on my TVs and the "normal" condition always makes it a more appealing green color. I'd say its an issue with whatever settings you are watching it on.

I think King of the Monsters has some of the best CGI shots of any recent blockbuster film. I hope at least you aren't praising the hell out of Avengers: Endgame's VFX, because THAT is what I call an ugly movie. The climax looked flat unfinished.
One thing that bothers me in KOTM is the cutaways.

GojiSquid
Interpol Agent

Post by GojiSquid »

BurningCoolMan wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:35 pm also that clapboard has bisexual lighting
Love wins.

Last edited by GojiSquid on Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

^^ A few people laughed, a few people cried, most people were silent.....