Monarch: Legacy of Monsters on AppleTV+ [Weekly Ongoing Discussion]

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Re: New Godzilla Series On Apple TV+

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Hearing rumors that Desplat is returning as composer. If so, I'm definitely gonna bite the bullet and get Apple TV+.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Cryptid_Liker wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:29 am Hearing rumors that Desplat is returning as composer. If so, I'm definitely gonna bite the bullet and get Apple TV+.
From where?

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Would be awesome if true. Would go a long way towards signifying that this series will be a spiritual sequel to 2014 in a way that the films haven’t been.

But I’m also skeptical. Haven’t seen this rumor anywhere else

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

>no direct sources

Why do people follow this account again?

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

UltramanGoji wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:33 pm
>no direct sources

They literally mention the source in the quote…

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

king_ghidorah wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:40 pm
UltramanGoji wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:33 pm
>no direct sources

They literally mention the source in the quote…
No shit but no links or anything to it, just a vague name? Pretty terrible "news outlet".

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

It’s a pretty substantial publication and it’s also hidden behind a paywall.

They could certainly do better about some things but I don’t think they’re a malicious bad actor or anything.

I still don’t know if I fully believe the Wingard and Son of Kong stuff. It could be legit or it could just be people parroting stuff that was quoted in Deadline articles from last year

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

king_ghidorah wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:59 pm It’s a pretty substantial publication and it’s also hidden behind a paywall.
I gathered by Google searching. Still, some indication of this (in a reply tweet or something) would help. Most news accounts I follow at least maintain an off-site blog or something to properly add context or sources to announcements.
king_ghidorah wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:59 pm They could certainly do better about some things but I don’t think they’re a malicious bad actor or anything.
Me either, I don't think it's malicious at all. It's just poorly run and real slow when it comes to announcements. They're often the last of the kaiju-related accounts on my timeline to report news.

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

To go through Production Weekly's paywall, you need to spend at least $75. I guess nobody had guts to pay that amount just for a tiny tidbit. Includeing me. LOL

dillonking55
G-Force Personnel

Post by dillonking55 »

Looks like Kurt Russell might be our first official cast member to join the MONARCH/Godzilla TV show.

https://twitter.com/GormaruIsland/statu ... b7EIA&s=19

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

dillonking55 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:58 pm Looks like Kurt Russell might be our first official cast member to join the MONARCH/Godzilla TV show.

The designated source has as much credibility as We Got This Covered. They are often guilty of making things up to generate clicks from curious readers.

One example from a year ago was ttheir claim that Sam Raimi would return to direct a solo Spider-Man film with Tobey Maguire returning to reprise the role. Never happened. GFR has been correct in the past, but they are habitual liars. I just can't believe this. It's too good to be true.
Last edited by Showa Gyaos on Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

dillonking55 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:58 pm Looks like Kurt Russell might be our first official cast member to join the MONARCH/Godzilla TV show.

If true this is great

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Showa Gyaos wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:07 pm

The designated source has as much credibility as We Got This Covered. They are often guilty of making things up to generate clicks from curious readers.

One example from a year ago was ttheir claim that Sam Raimi would return to direct a solo Spider-Man film with Tobey Maguire returning to reprise the role. Never happened. GFR has been correct in the past, but they are habitual liars. I just can't believe this. It's too good to be true.
Literally every one of their recommended articles starts with "EXCLUSIVE" :lol: Certainly suspect. Pretty cool if it turns out to be true... however, obligatory "he'll be the most interesting character and die within the first 3 episodes" comment.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

GigaBowserG wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:11 pm
Showa Gyaos wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:07 pm

Literally every one of their recommended articles starts with "EXCLUSIVE" :lol: Certainly suspect. Pretty cool if it turns out to be true... however, obligatory "he'll be the most interesting character and die within the first 3 episodes" comment.
I also like how every article you click, it either ranges from "15 seconds ago" to "43 minutes ago" despite this being a day old article.

It's almost like they're being disingenuous.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

^We might be in for another Tommy Wiseau-type situation.

dillonking55
G-Force Personnel

Post by dillonking55 »

The plot thickens. It's looking like the Kurt Russell rumor from awhile back might be legit.

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2022/05/ ... t-russell/

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

dillonking55 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:55 pm The plot thickens. It's looking like the Kurt Russell rumor from awhile back might be legit.

Much more believable source, now it might be actually happening. Also if true please let Kurt Russel be a recurring character going forward, good catch if he joins.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

miguelnuva wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 3:02 pm
dillonking55 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 1:55 pm The plot thickens. It's looking like the Kurt Russell rumor from awhile back might be legit.

Much more believable source, now it might be actually happening. Also if true please let Kurt Russel be a recurring character going forward, good catch if he joins.
Makes me wonder what MCU actor will join next?

LSD Jellyfish
Administrator
Administrator

Post by LSD Jellyfish »

Kurt Russel is one of the all-time greatest camp-action actors ever; from big trouble in little China, to escape from New York, and even the Thing. He’s A-list among movie geeks only though. While sure yeah the recent stuff with him in Guardians of the Galaxy gave him a new boost, but he’s not exactly a mega star or in his prime. Still cool though, if he’s in it.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.