An Animated Godzilla tie-in

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
LegendZilla
Sazer

An Animated Godzilla tie-in

Post by LegendZilla »

Hey guys, I hope you had a Happy Halloween and I just thought I'd make my first post for November. Anyways, on to the topic. With rumors lying around that we might be getting an animated series for the Monsterverse Kong, why not speculate if Godzilla could be next for the same treatment? Do you think it would a smart move for WB to do? If so, tell me what you think should be done to get it to work? I would make it an HBO Max original for one thing. Also, I think such a series (and the aforementioned alleged Kong series) should be set in its own continuity apart from the Monsterverse, but modeled after it nonetheless.

Does my idea sound plausible? It won't be the first time that a Hollywood Godzilla got a tie-in in the form of an animated series. What we got then wasn't perfect, but still a substantial improvement over what preceded it.

Peace out. Feedback will be much appreciated.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Re: An Animated Godzilla tie-in

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Skull Island is confirmed and as far as Godzilla is concerned it will really depend on how I feel about Skull Island when it's eventually released but typical I prefer that animated series should be completely seperate from movies to carve out it's own identity and not be tied down by continuity and a future movie may contradict anyway.