Monster Discussion Thread: M.U.T.O.S

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Monster Discussion Thread: M.U.T.O.S

Post by Thatguy4683 »

basically what the title said. what’s your thoughts on these New Kaijus from Godzilla (2014)

Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Re: Monster Discussion Thread: M.U.T.O.S

Post by Gojira1604 »

They're the best creatures they could have come up with. Undeniably dangerous and just a very intriguing design. Beats some of the 'nothing monster' ideas they had like Rokmutul, Pterodactyl or Vishnu's corpse.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

The best antagonists in the MonsterVerse to date.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

Excellent addition to the franchise, great designs and their teamwork against Godzilla is a joy to watch.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Slightly more insectoid versions of the Cloverfield monster.

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Definitely the best debiting kaiju of the Monsterverse.

VOID GHIDORAH
Monsterland Worker

Post by VOID GHIDORAH »

Better than most Toho originals following the Heisei Series, I think.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

The Mutos are pretty great. They reminded me of classic Toho kaiju in that there was a tragic element to them- they just wanted to mate. Their meeting shows a measure of affection, and the female is just trying to protect her brood. They provided a cool tag-team threat for Godzilla, and I really liked that they were a physical threat and didn't just spam beams.

The only beef I have is that MUTO is supposed to be an acronym comparable to "UFO" or "UAP". I wish they had come up with actual names for them. If Rodan didn't receive a name, would he have been MUAO?
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:54 pm The Mutos are pretty great. They reminded me of classic Toho kaiju in that there was a tragic element to them- they just wanted to mate. Their meeting shows a measure of affection, and the female is just trying to protect her brood. They provided a cool tag-team threat for Godzilla, and I really liked that they were a physical threat and didn't just spam beams.

The only beef I have is that MUTO is supposed to be an acronym comparable to "UFO" or "UAP". I wish they had come up with actual names for them. If Rodan didn't receive a name, would he have been MUAO?
Maybe they could use the nickname as The Muto prime “dragon beetle” I think that’s a pretty cool name

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheRealSpinoRex »

Gojira1604 wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:42 pm They're the best creatures they could have come up with. Undeniably dangerous and just a very intriguing design. Beats some of the 'nothing monster' ideas they had like Rokmutul, Pterodactyl or Vishnu's corpse.
Idk I think Rokmutul looks pretty cool
I was hoping for him to come back in 2018 when I saw the KoTM trailer, but ngl Methuselah is better