The MonsterVerse is continuing according to Max Borenstein

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
G-MAN
Interpol Agent

Re: The MonsterVerse is continuing according to Max Borenstein

Post by G-MAN »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:44 pm
G-MAN wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:13 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:18 am

A mutal friend leaked me so stuff during Godzilla vs Kong and said an animated Godzilla series was in the works for Netflix but they didn't want to announce it until after Singular Point finished, so we may get a MV Godzilla animated series.
Sorry gonna have to say this sounds really fake. Don't know the future of the franchise at legendary personally. Not to mention would be pretty risky of you to spill the beans on your friend like this in a forum and have his job be at risk. But yeah I dont believe this for a second and I hope people don't start getting their hopes up over this
You don't have to believe it as its not confirming anything I'm just passing on what I was told. As for the job its not at risk as all these are tiny tidbits learned in passing. If it was something that couldn't be said I wouldn't post it here or I wouldn't even know.
How does a Godzilla anime coming to Netflix and saying there are two more Godzilla and Kong projects not account for something that couldn't be said? It's obvious b.s.

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

I thought we were supposed to be getting an animated Kong series on Netflix, not a Godzilla one. That was confirmed, right?

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

mikelcho wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:30 pm I thought we were supposed to be getting an animated Kong series on Netflix, not a Godzilla one. That was confirmed, right?

Yeah the Kong one is confirmed for Netflix. Powerhouse animation is doing the animation
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

G-MAN wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:58 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:44 pm
G-MAN wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:13 pm

Sorry gonna have to say this sounds really fake. Don't know the future of the franchise at legendary personally. Not to mention would be pretty risky of you to spill the beans on your friend like this in a forum and have his job be at risk. But yeah I dont believe this for a second and I hope people don't start getting their hopes up over this
You don't have to believe it as its not confirming anything I'm just passing on what I was told. As for the job its not at risk as all these are tiny tidbits learned in passing. If it was something that couldn't be said I wouldn't post it here or I wouldn't even know.
How does a Godzilla anime coming to Netflix and saying there are two more Godzilla and Kong projects not account for something that couldn't be said? It's obvious b.s.
Kong animated series is confirmed.

Kong sequel is all but confirmed.

Another Godzilla comic is highly likely.

Godzilla animated series is rumored.

I was told I was free to discuss these things in the way I was wording them. Like I said you don't have to believe me I'm just passing on what I heard to other Godzilla fans.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Chris55 wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:10 pm
mikelcho wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:30 pm I thought we were supposed to be getting an animated Kong series on Netflix, not a Godzilla one. That was confirmed, right?

Yeah the Kong one is confirmed for Netflix. Powerhouse animation is doing the animation
Yeah, I thought so. Thanks!
Last edited by mikelcho on Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

With the smash hit of GvK we all knew this was gonna happen. Now it's just a question of how good it will be. I feel we'll get more great hits but we will see!

Titanus_Rodan
Monarch Researcher

Post by Titanus_Rodan »

miguelnuva wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:06 pm Godzilla is getting a sequel to Dominion
Woah it is? Guess I missed this announcement! When did they say that?

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Titanus_Rodan wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:22 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:06 pm Godzilla is getting a sequel to Dominion
Woah it is? Guess I missed this announcement! When did they say that?
Godzilla Dominion ends with To be Continued is 1 hint. I was told by someone who has told me things is the past another Godzilla comic was coming.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

vastatosaurus
JXSDF Technician

Post by vastatosaurus »

LSD Jellyfish wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:41 pm Wasn't Son of Kong already semi-confirmed? Weren't we also already getting some Netflix show or something with Kong?

In any case, we have Adam Wingard and Max Borenstien speaking how they want to continue the series. When people like state that, then we know it'll continue. This is good news.
Indeed, this news is nothing new. We already knew that MV is very likely going to continue because the movie "Son of Kong" is likely going to happen and there is also a Skull Island anime. What we're really curious about right now is how the MV Godzilla contract is gonna be.

VOID GHIDORAH
Monsterland Worker

Post by VOID GHIDORAH »

I hope Godzilla has an occasional guest role on the Skull Island anime. Probably not, but I think it could be cool.

Lesko
GPN Volunteer

Post by Lesko »

Borenstein's comments about possibly doing an entry with minimal dialogue is EXACTLY the way they need to go. I do not like the MV overall and I think it copies way too much from other existing crossover universes. However if they decide to go in this direction and the studio actually lets them do this this has a ton of potential for a unique and memorable entry. Not just for the MV but Godzilla as whole. Even with Toho's experimental direction they've been going to contrast with the MV, Toho has never even done anything like this. The MV has been a lot of wasted potential so far so I pray this is not the case and Borenstein gets his way with this direction. Even if it is only for one entry.

Fiender
GPN Volunteer

Post by Fiender »

Lesko wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:39 pm Borenstein's comments about possibly doing an entry with minimal dialogue is EXACTLY the way they need to go. I do not like the MV overall and I think it copies way too much from other existing crossover universes. However if they decide to go in this direction and the studio actually lets them do this this has a ton of potential for a unique and memorable entry. Not just for the MV but Godzilla as whole. Even with Toho's experimental direction they've been going to contrast with the MV, Toho has never even done anything like this. The MV has been a lot of wasted potential so far so I pray this is not the case and Borenstein gets his way with this direction. Even if it is only for one entry.
I feel like the problem with the MV isn't the dialogue or the human story lines. It's the low-quality writing and storytelling. If the MV gives us more movies written by Max Borestein, even if there is minimal dialogue and human scenes, he'll find another way to disappoint us.
I was that kid who made bad Godzilla games in RPG Maker and complained when no one paid attention to them :D

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

"Low-quality story telling" definitely doesn't apply to the MV.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

The biggest Godzilla fan I'm the world would have problems watching him and the Titans for 2 hours at a time.

Monsterverse BC should be a 30-45 min HBO Max special.

Added in 45 seconds:
Unless Morgan Freeman narrates it.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Fiender
GPN Volunteer

Post by Fiender »

_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:23 pm "Low-quality story telling" definitely doesn't apply to the MV.
This is definitely not the thread to air all my grievances with the MV's (imo) low-quality storytelling, so I'll just agree to disagree ;)
I was that kid who made bad Godzilla games in RPG Maker and complained when no one paid attention to them :D

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

I’m shaking. I don’t want it too. No!

In seriousness, I do not care. I’ll watch the shows ‘n movies.
For Emperor and Empire!

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

_JNavs_ wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:23 pm "Low-quality story telling" definitely doesn't apply to the MV.
Eh, it's kind of a mix - first couple of films had high quality story telling, the third one somewhat less, and the fourth kind of threw any attempt at storytelling out of the window of a very tall skyscraper. The quality is inconsistent, depending on the director from one film to the next.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla vs Kong is the only one people would be justified in saying through away plot for spectacle.

Even if you don't like the first 3 their was clearly effort put into the plots, Kotm is the equivalent of the alien tapes in Godzilla vs Gigan. Godzilla fans would have been able to follow it fine.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

"The plot was easy to follow" is not the same thing as "poorly written film," though.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Terasawa wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:10 pm "The plot was easy to follow" is not the same thing as "poorly written film," though.
Poorly written is subjective. I bring up Godzilla vs Kong becasue love it or hate you can see spectacle was more important and we got a simple plot for that one. The other 3 films I can see people debating on where they fall. Overall G14 and Kotm are not the best written Godzilla films but they aren't the worst either.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image