Could Monsterverse Rodan solo movie work?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Could Monsterverse Rodan solo movie work?

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Rodan have famous in the Godzilla community in recent years, and people have been waiting to see a Rodan solo movie so I made a topic on if Rodan were to have a solo movie will it be popular among the audiences and do big in the box office.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Re: Could Monsterverse Rodan solo movie work?

Post by Jermobooka »

There’s like…a 3.8% chance of it happening, but it could theoretically work.

A Mothra movie would be way more likely, though.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Rodan vs Megaguiris, been saying it for years.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

No. A Rodan solo movie in general could work, that's obviously been proven already, but not with this version of the character. He's already been shown to be a weak, B-list loser.

... although... I guess the story could use that. Make him an underdog (though still a jackass, which is half his problem) who has to redeem himself and win the respect of his fellow Titans. There might be some potential here. Never going to happen, though.
Last edited by JAGzilla on Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

We’re long overdue for a Rodan solo, period. He only got one shot in his debut, but never again. I’d love to see a second take on the idea, though! Whether it’s Monsterverse related or not!
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

That is the only other Monster outside of Godzilla at this point that I would pay a theater a ticket for.

Rodan doesn't need to be an top Alpha to have his own film, he has personality (like when he smirked taken out the jets), flaws and weaknesses which can be explored.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Down the line if I ever become a filmmaker I'd totally pick Rodan before any other kaiju, including Big G. Dude hasn't gotten the respect he deserves for being the second kaiju out the gate after big G to have his solo film. I really don't know how to get into the official business of filmmaking, so I've been attempting to write some Sci-Fi Epics. See where that takes me.

We've spoke on this months ago, give it to a visionary fast-paced director like Zack Snyder (Rodan deserves the religious imagery), bring on some iconic writers, keep his theme from KOTM the same, since it's like the MOS Take-Flight theme on crack, which suits the character. Make the story something like a science fiction/Top-Gun/horror with a tragic misunderstanding of the Rodan(s).
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Yeah I mean why not.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

A solo Rodan film should act as a kaiju-version of Top Gun.

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

I'd be down with it. Rodan's my second favorite kaiju after Godzilla.

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheRealSpinoRex »

It could work, yes, but the studio doesnt have the balls to do it.

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

I'd like for there to be a Rodan solo effort. My personal opinion when the G'14 sequel was announced was that Toho should have made some lower-budgeted solo efforts of Mothra and Rodan in the MV in order to introduce them. That's obviously never going to happen, but one could dream. Nonetheless, solo efforts for some of the other Titans would be welcome.

Masterofsome01
Samurai

Post by Masterofsome01 »

If there was gonna be a Rodan focused outing he NEEDS to fight Megaguirus (Provided Toho gives Legendary permission to use her), considering the Meganulon debuted in the original Rodan

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

Yes, it can work, and I would love to see Rodan get his own MonsterVerse movie.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Fiender
GPN Volunteer

Post by Fiender »

That's an angry bird movie I *would* watch.
I was that kid who made bad Godzilla games in RPG Maker and complained when no one paid attention to them :D

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

No. If only because there's no financial reason on LP's part to do it.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Legion1979 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:40 am No. If only because there's no financial reason on LP's part to do it.
One way of doing this could be like the whole Thor-Hulk dynamic like in Thor: Ragnarok having Rodan being in a Kong film.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:49 am One way of doing this could be like the whole Thor-Hulk dynamic like in Thor: Ragnarok having Rodan being in a Kong film.
I mean yeah, but it's not really much of a Rodan solo movie if he's sharing the spotlight.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Gigantis wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:01 amI mean yeah, but it's not really much of a Rodan solo movie if he's sharing the spotlight.
Maybe yes but perhaps him starring with Kong could warrant the popularity Legendary might see Rodan has before eventually giving him his solo film.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

What if the solo film was set in the past? That way Rodan could be shown as the main threat against a civilization that seems completely outmatched, but then, through some kind of means, is able to seal Rodan inside the volcano. That could work, and you don't need Godzilla or Kong as an anchor for the film.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.