Biotech in the Monsterverse

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
LegendZilla
Sazer

Biotech in the Monsterverse

Post by LegendZilla »

Hi guys, LegendZilla here with another thread. Instead of discussing what characters you would like to see added, I would like to talk about something in the worldbuilding aspect of the Monsterverse. Specifically in the technological side of things. Now that this universe has fully embraced the fantastical and pretty much completely abandoned the (relatively) grounded tone its first two entries, might as well speculate what we'd see next. If I were to guess, I think it would be interesting to see biotechnology explored. Doing such provides a window for vast opportunities in the MV, whether it be forms of germ-warfare used against the kaiju a las the ANEB or even a introduce more kaiju (both old and new).

Do you think my idea sounds promising, or do you think the MV has become fantastical enough for your tastes and should hold off for a while? Feel free to critique and predict. ;)

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Re: Biotech in the Monsterverse

Post by Thatguy4683 »

I would love to see Hedorah be implemented into a bio weapon to kill Godzilla, but something went wrong and now Godzilla or Rodan has to kill this abomination

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Gimmie Biollante before Hedorah. She's a perfect fit for the MV in every way.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Lesko
GPN Volunteer

Post by Lesko »

Biollante and Hedorah are both great choices but there are others of course as well. Dagahara comes to mind and so does Gigan. A traditionally outlandish kaiju for this could have their origins completely reworked to make it fit as well. For example we can have Battra created as a bioweapon inspired by Mothra. My vote personally goes to Biollante or a new kaiju just to see what Legendary can do. I am a big fan of the MUTOs and Skullcrawlers so I would absolutely love to see original kaiju here.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I would love an original kaiju based on biotech. Even the next version of Mechagodzilla being some kind of cyborg hybrid would be neat.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

OP missed a ready-made Sepultura reference.

寺沢. He/him/his, etc.