Godzilla's Design in Future MV Films

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
TheSqualo
Ronin

Godzilla's Design in Future MV Films

Post by TheSqualo »

Personally i would like it to have bigger head, eyes, teeth, rougher and charcoal black colored skin and with white and sharper dorsal plates, but what about you guys? What would you like the design to look like in future films?
Last edited by TheSqualo on Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Re: Godzilla's Design in Future MV Films

Post by Jermobooka »

Head could be bigger and the tail could be sharper.

That’s literally all I want from an updated design. Everything else should could stay the exact same.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Bring back the G14 tail, make the spines more jagged, and have the tips of said edges be white. I'd prefer if they just reverted his basic body shape to 2014 but that'll never happen.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Agreed on the whip tail coming back but besides that personally I think he's perfect

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

The heck happened to OP?

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

Jermobooka wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:18 pm Head could be bigger and the tail could be sharper.

That’s literally all I want from an updated design. Everything else should could stay the exact same.
Co-sign. They got his feet right in the last two movies, but for some dumb reason shrunk his head. And I swear they made Kong’s head bigger in proportion to his body than it was in Skull Island. Godzilla’s head shouldn’t look tiny compared to Kong’s.

And definitely make his tail sharper like it was in 2014.

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

TheSqualo wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:56 am charcoal black colored skin
Just for pure curiosity purposes, someone should do a really nice mock up of that. I think it'd be interesting.
Last edited by Moogabunga on Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

G14 tail is all I need. The head size while small didn't bother me the more I watched.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

A tail like the DeBont &or Heritage Goji(s) Plz?

Jetty_Jags
G-Grasper

Post by Jetty_Jags »

crystal spines, crystal spines, crystal spines
He Jock it Made of Steel

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

bring back 2014's slightly bigger head and whip-like tail, leave everything else the way it is
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

I say just keep the pattern of slightly changing Godzilla's appearance but keeping the overall look the same. I am interested to see what subtle changes he gets later. In a future development he might get a drastic overhaul from needing to fight a really powerful opponent. Now THAT would be interesting!

LockBite
JXSDF Technician

Post by LockBite »

Make his head bigger, make his spines a lighter tone where they glow when charging, and yeah, make his tail end in more of a tip.

Godzilla2020
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzilla2020 »

Legendary Gojira wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:23 pm
Jermobooka wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:18 pm Head could be bigger and the tail could be sharper.

Co-sign. They got his feet right in the last two movies, but for some dumb reason shrunk his head. And I swear they made Kong’s head bigger in proportion to his body than it was in Skull Island. Godzilla’s head shouldn’t look tiny compared to Kong’s.

And definitely make his tail sharper like it was in 2014.
Everything about this is true. Why in the everloving fuck would Mike shrink his head, especially with the purpose of "making him more menacing". That does the opposite.

Can't stress enough that Adam should have retconned the shrink to have had never happened. Especially when he shared the same opinion on the head size.

Anyway, I would restore his 2014 head size and bring back the whip like tail. Probably have some of his teeth and claws grow too. And slightly bulk up his arms, that would look perfect.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

The head being shrunk is to show that he grew a good 90 meters or so. Dude is girthed out.

It's like giving the Rock a huge head to compensate for his huge body.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Godzilla2020
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzilla2020 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:09 pm The head being shrunk is to show that he grew a good 90 meters or so. Dude is girthed out.

The only problem with that is that human heads are not a weaponized body part. Human jaws are damn near worthless compared to just about any other animal proportionately. Of course there's nothing to lose by shrinking a human head to make the body bulkier, it emphasizes on the arms, the parts primarily used for fighting(at least with males, the prime fighters of our species, and most species).

With Godzilla his jaws are some of his primary weapons. Shrinking them is just not a good look. It takes away from part of what makes him menacing.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla2020 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:36 pm
_JNavs_ wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:09 pm The head being shrunk is to show that he grew a good 90 meters or so. Dude is girthed out.

The only problem with that is that human heads are not a weaponized body part. Human jaws are damn near worthless compared to just about any other animal proportionately. Of course there's nothing to lose by shrinking a human head to make the body bulkier, it emphasizes on the arms, the parts primarily used for fighting(at least with males, the prime fighters of our species, and most species).

With Godzilla his jaws are some of his primary weapons. Shrinking them is just not a good look. It takes away from part of what makes him menacing.
He looked menacing as high hell when he was roaring at Kong in Hong Kong. The head is not as bad as people make it out to be.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

While I can agree with you about the first part, I have to say, as far as Godzilla's weapons go, he's a physical fighter, much more of a brawler than a standard reptile who typically goes for the bite and tear. But even then, when he does bite and tear, he does so as aggressively as the animals he's based on.

Since Legendary's Godzilla is based on an Eagle, Komodo, and a bear, it's understandable for his head to be smaller proportionately. It's a more intimidating appearance.

Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Godzilla2020
GPN Volunteer

Post by Godzilla2020 »

_JNavs_ wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:54 pm

While I can agree with you about the first part, I have to say, as far as Godzilla's weapons go, he's a physical fighter, much more of a brawler than a standard reptile who typically goes for the bite and tear. But even then, when he does bite and tear, he does so as aggressively as the animals he's based on.

Since Legendary's Godzilla is based on an Eagle, Komodo, and a bear, it's understandable for his head to be smaller proportionately. It's a more intimidating appearance.

While I get what you mean, the head thing is mostly in relation to Kong.

Godzilla's just looks puny, and he's the bigger biter here, so that just ends up looking wrong. Almost silly. He had a bigger head before, I just wished that it was reverted so he can legitimately look the part of bigger biter next to Kong.

With his original proportional head size, the comparison would look like this instead:

Doesn't this look better? I certainly think so, Adam did to an extent but did nothing about it for some reason.

TheRealSpinoRex
GPN Volunteer

Post by TheRealSpinoRex »

Have you seen how bad human on human bites can get? Isn't pretty.
Wouldn't call them useless as a weapon at all