What Non-Toho kaiju would you like to see in the Monsterverse

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

What Non-Toho kaiju would you like to see in the Monsterverse

Post by Thatguy4683 »

As the title said What Non-Toho kaiju would you like to see in the Monsterverse, personally I would like to see Ymir from 20 Million Miles to Earth
Image and The Giant Bird from The Giant Claw Image yeah, I know he looks ridiculous but they can redesign him to look intimidating, like this fanart from MonsterKingOfKarmen

_JNavs_
Keizer

Re: What Non-Toho kaiju would you like to see in the Monsterverse

Post by _JNavs_ »

Not to plug myself lol, but I'd dig it if they used a design similar to mine for the Rhedosaurus, maybe a species of Titan found guarding the Hollow Earth entrance in Antarctica.

Last edited by _JNavs_ on Sat May 22, 2021 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Since we're really doing this; MV Orochi, Typhon, Sekmet, Gyaos, Barugon, Amhuluk, Space Gyaos, Zigra, Legion, Guiron, Pulgarsi, Yongarry, Jiger, Bemular, Baltan, Gomora, Zetton.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

If The Giant Claw enters the MV (not too likely but who knows) but they keep it close to the original design but still manage to make it an actual threat i will laugh my ass off. :lol:

Beyond that, Ymir, Rhedosauruss, maybe bring in Talos from Jason and the Argonauts?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Dynomy-DX
Interpol Agent

Post by Dynomy-DX »

Gamera, Gyaos, Barugon/Zedus (one or the other... or both if it doesn’t feel repetitive i guess.)

On the western side, Rhedosaurus could be neat. It’d be nice to see Godzilla interact with both his inspirations, since he fought Kong. Beyond that though, I’m not sure if there are a lot of other western monsters one could build lore around. Though by that point, I’m fully open to surprises. If they can make some intense lore for the Giant Claw or Gwangi, then hey. I’ll be all for it.
Reignited... and hopefully less weird this time around.

I'm a guy with simple interests. Mostly revolving around monsters blowing up entire cities.

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Gamera would be my obvious choice but I also who like to see various mythological monsters like the Midgard Serpent join. Mighty Joe Young in a possible Monarch TV series where he's a giant gorilla in Africa but still very tiny compared to the other monsters and differentiate him from Kong.

ShinGojira14
Xilien Halfling

Post by ShinGojira14 »

The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms wouldn’t be a bad place to start.
"William Knifeman! AH! AH! AH!"

Resized ImageResized Image

Mac Daddy MM
Xilien Halfling

Post by Mac Daddy MM »

The Black Scorpion is actually owned by WB and even in the 1950's film, the scorpions' origins are virtually identical to what we have already. Just make them come from a bit deeper down and boom, the Black Scorpion would fit perfectly.

Quote of the Year:
plasmabeam wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:03 am Hear me out on this. What if Godzilla is actually Suko’s father? In GvK when Godzilla defeated Kong and they were roaring at each other, what if Godzilla inseminated Kong at that moment and that’s why they were screaming?

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:57 pm The Black Scorpion is actually owned by WB and even in the 1950's film, the scorpions' origins are virtually identical to what we have already. Just make them come from a bit deeper down and boom, the Black Scorpion would fit perfectly.
Make them keep the unsettling human faces
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Mac Daddy MM wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 3:57 pm The Black Scorpion is actually owned by WB and even in the 1950's film, the scorpions' origins are virtually identical to what we have already. Just make them come from a bit deeper down and boom, the Black Scorpion would fit perfectly.
That be a cool idea for sure. I think the giant Ants from THEM! could be a good fit too as well.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Honestly none of them. I'd rather keep it to new Skull Island/Hollow Earth creatures for Kong and big-name Toho kaiju for Godzilla (with the occasional new Titan thrown in).

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

If any non-Toho monsters were to show up in the Monsterverse, they would HAVE to be from WB. Such examples (but likely not limited too) would include The Rhedosaurus, the giant ants from THEM! and Gwangi.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Someone here keeps suggesting a Valley of Gwangi movie as a prequel/origin for Monarch, and I think that could work.
Black Scorpion could be done like someone else suggested.

That's about as far as I'd really want to take it now to be honest with you. If we were still in the G14/K:SI phase of things I'd be suggesting every kaiju under the sun, and beyond! Post GvK though I'm more hesitant. I don't just want to see these monsters to check off some kind of bucket list in films I just can not enjoy outside of the fight scenes. That'd be pointless.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

Gamera, period.

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

There's only one answer.
Spoiler:
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 5:15 am There's only one answer.
Spoiler:
YES
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

I think Ymir could add that emotional tragic factor we don't see from the current kaiju set beyond Kong.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Cosbydaf
JXSDF Technician

Post by Cosbydaf »

If they can't get the rights for Gorosaurus, I think a kaiju-fied Gwangi would make an excellent alternative.
Also, I love the visual image of Ymir fighting Jet Jaguar. No idea what the context would be.

Dinoskell
Monsterland Worker

Post by Dinoskell »

I looked early on into what monsters they could get through Warner Bros.
The Kraken from Clash of the Titans. Easy to put in as a cameo.
The Giant Behemoth or Paleosaur.
Gorgo if possible due to comics being in public domain: that way we could have all three of Eugène Louriés monster: Rhedosaurs, Paleosaur, and Gorgo.
I did think reptilicus...er I mean Reptisaurus, but the warbats scratched my itch.

Finally: Godzooky. Yes Godzooky. They are actually really easy to update as a smaller symbiotic relative to Godzilla that feeds on parasites and dead skin. Make them less anthropomorphic and perhaps more unintentionally dangerous to humans because they are a strong, curious animal. No team pet here, a wild animal that could actually seriously hurt a person with a tail swipe.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

[Pic]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/1a/6f/49 ... da61fa.jpg[/Pic]
[Pic]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca88777 ... B3hOu2PZ1o[/Pic]
I really like the design of Durontus the Lost Serpent. He'd look neat in the Monsterverse.