How Strong Is Monsterverse Godzilla Now?

Discuss and analyze various feats!
Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

How Strong Is Monsterverse Godzilla Now?

Post by Jermobooka »

So we’ve all seen the scene where Goji drills a huge hole hundreds, maybe even thousands of kilometers down to Kong’s throne room with his atomic breath.

I have a feeling that that little feat bumped up MV Goji on the power scale, but I’m curious exactly how much

Is he top five? Top three? Is his atomic breath stronger or weaker than Shin’s? Stronger of weaker than FW’s?

I mean...someone’s gotta know the math here, right? :lol:

From what very little scientific, mathematic, and Godzilla scaling knowledge i have, i think MV Goji’s gotta be at least top five.
Last edited by Jermobooka on Sat May 15, 2021 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Spuro
Keizer

Re: How Strong Is Monsterverse Godzilla Now?

Post by Spuro »

The Fantasy Matches generally don’t count feats that only happen once and aren’t supported by anything else in the movie. I believe Godzilla drilling into the Hollow Earth is one of them.
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Isn't he basically the strongest Godzilla ever now? Not sure who could even touch him outside of Godzilla Earth.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

KK42 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:41 pm The Fantasy Matches generally don’t count feats that only happen once and aren’t supported by anything else in the movie. I believe Godzilla drilling into the Hollow Earth is one of them.
Well that doesn't make sense. My take, his atomic breath to Hollow Earth feat could probably be replicated by most Godzillas post Heisei Era, definitely Final Wars Goji. Others like Shin or KiryuGoji might need time to repose though. Any atomic ray should go through rock, metal and lava like jelly.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Lol I will never understand the murky underworld of Fantasy Matches. I dare not venture into those murky waters....

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

I'm no longer a big fantasy match kind of guys (oh but a decade ago...), but for my sense of scaling...

Earth > MV > Shin.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Giratina93
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Giratina93 »

KK42 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:41 pm The Fantasy Matches generally don’t count feats that only happen once and aren’t supported by anything else in the movie. I believe Godzilla drilling into the Hollow Earth is one of them.
It's a bit more complicated than that for MV Godzilla. Yes, the beam drilling all the way through the earth's core can be seen as a bit of an outlier, but given it's an overcharged beam and something that is not only impractical, but also not used by LPG in combat, that's why we don't take said beam into account for FM purposes. Same reason some of us don't take the FW meteor scene or the GMK nuke scene into consideration.

That being said, LPG has basically become THE jack of all trades, master of everything among Godzillas. He has fighting skills on par with Showa Godzilla and far more consistent use of his monstrous strength, Heisei's beam spamminess, and endurance that rivals even the most sturdiest of Godzillas. All he's really missing is battle efficient regen, but even without that, he's pretty much in the top tier of live action Godzillas, if not very close to that upper rung along with 70's Godzilla, Meltdown and G2000 (Anime Trilogy Godzilla is so hilariously OP it's just easier to ignore him, and once we see SP Godzilla in action, he may very well have powers and combat proficiency of his own to rival LPG)
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Showzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showzilla »

He's had shin beat since G14

He's gotta be rivaling final and heisei

Earth is iffy

And he's screwed against marvel

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

He's way stronger than Shin now. Not only is LPG's beam as strong if not stronger than Shin's, he can sustain it far longer than Shin can. In terms of physical strength, yeah I don't see anyone else remotely matches him except Earth. Dude can give Earth a run if not outright kill him with that nuke pulse in his Burning mode.

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

My Top 5 Godzillas in Film are (in no particular order), Earth, Heisei, MV, Showa, GFW.

Honestly now, I view him as equal or slight above Showa G in his peak.
For Emperor and Empire!

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

ultrazilla wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:10 am Dude can give Earth a run if not outright kill him with that nuke pulse in his Burning mode.
I don't think MV Godzilla is remotely close to Earth. How the heck is he supposed to get past that broken shield? Or even fight someone 100x his size to start off with?
Last edited by Gigantis on Sun May 16, 2021 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

Gigantis wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:23 am
ultrazilla wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:10 am Dude can give Earth a run if not outright kill him with that nuke pulse in his Burning mode.
I don't think MV Godzilla is remotely close to Earth. How the heck is he supposed to get past that broken shield? Or even fight someone 100x his size to start off with?
Godzilla Earth isn't 100x the size of the MonsterVerse Godzilla. He's around 2.6x taller (that's still a large difference in dimensions), but the MonsterVerse Godzilla only weighs 366 tons less. He could throw Godzilla Earth. Godzilla Earth weighs less than MonsterVerse Ghidorah.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

MegaEvilSaurus666 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:35 am Godzilla Earth isn't 100x the size of the MonsterVerse Godzilla. He's around 2.6x taller (that's still a large difference in dimensions),
I was semi-joking there dude.

And again, maybe he can throw him, but Earth wouldn't allow that to happen. We're talking about the plant-dinosaur that destroyed a moon sized object (MV Goji doesn't come close to that) and apparently even melted Mount Everest with one atomic ray.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Just like MeghaEvil said, you're vastly exaggerating Earth's size. In sheer mass and density those two aren't that far apart at all, in fact pound for pound MV Goji is the far stronger one since the weight distribution is densely concentrated across his much smaller body dimension as opposed to a much bigger surface area like Earth's.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

KK42 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:41 pm The Fantasy Matches generally don’t count feats
You could have stopped there and it’d still be accurate.

People there judge kaiju by size and how flashy their powers are. It’s beyond parody
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

I greatly prefer the Monsterverse over the anime trilogy but I am not gonna lie Earth would crap all over him. Easily the most powerful Godzilla we have seen in film. Shin is probably at the bottom of the three because of its slowness and how running out of energy shuts it down. As for Monsterverse Godzilla himself I think his power his overrated given how he has needed help constantly and doesn't have as impressive feats as other Godzilla's like surviving anti nuclear bacteria or beaming a black hole. This doesn't mean he's weak or anything. Far from it. I just think his power is very exaggerated and in the next ten years or so I am sure thoughts about his placement among Godzillas will die down a bit. Despite this though it looks like the Monsterverse is alive an well so as we get to see more and more of Godzilla I would not be surprised if he gets access to some far out there abilities that could rival his Japanese versions.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

I thought that it should be noted that stronger doesn't mean better - Godzilla Earth is probably the strongest, but his movies are...an acquired taste to put it politely. The original from 1954 is one of the weakest, but is still one of the best films of this franchise upon which everything that's come after is built up (and I don't mean continuity).

While power scales are fun, we shouldn't put much stock in them vs quality.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

ultrazilla wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:32 am
Just like MeghaEvil said, you're vastly exaggerating Earth's size.
See his above comment

and even then it is quite clear he's not being totally serious in the size
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Showzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showzilla »

Ngl, the strongest is the marvel Godzilla run

He beat up the COMIC BOOK avengers

Voyager
Keizer

Post by Voyager »

ultrazilla wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 4:32 am
Just like MeghaEvil said, you're vastly exaggerating Earth's size. In sheer mass and density those two aren't that far apart at all, in fact pound for pound MV Goji is the far stronger one since the weight distribution is densely concentrated across his much smaller body dimension as opposed to a much bigger surface area like Earth's.
Ngl Earth’s beam one shots MV.

People love to over exaggerate stuff but Earth being the most powerful film Godzilla is not one of these times. People are just jerking MV Godzilla off way too much, like sure he’s good, but he’s not far above the likes of Showa G, Heisei and Final Wars. I mean, you could argue each of those are stronger than MV.
For Emperor and Empire!