New Monsterverse Godzilla or Toho Godzilla next?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Re: New Monsterverse Godzilla or Toho Godzilla next?

Post by Vakanai »

dillonking55 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 10:19 amGvK was a hit. Strike while the iron is hot. I'm sure they can work something out with Toho about a release schedule in regards to releasing Godzilla films between the two studios.
Even if they work out something, that doesn't really decrease the odds of Toho doing something with Godzilla first.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

obZen
Interpol Agent

Post by obZen »

Yes, it is much more likely TOHO does something first with Godzilla if for no other reason than it being highly unlikely we see Legendary’s MonsterVerse Godzilla return in his own film until 2024.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

So what would Toho do next? A Shin-related film? Another sequel to '54?
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Gawdziller1954 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:05 am So what would Toho do next? A Shin-related film? Another sequel to '54?
Keep doing what they've been doing: experiment with Godzilla and go straight-up crazy with it. It can work, Shin proved it, Singular Point seems to be proven it. Why stop?

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Gigantis wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:09 am
Gawdziller1954 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:05 am So what would Toho do next? A Shin-related film? Another sequel to '54?
Keep doing what they've been doing: experiment with Godzilla and go straight-up crazy with it. It can work, Shin proved it, Singular Point seems to be proven it. Why stop?
If they do continue to make weirdzilla I welcome it with open arms. Shin is my favorite film RN. What are chances of a ShinG-Shin Ultraman crossover, you think?
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

obZen
Interpol Agent

Post by obZen »

It seems likely that TOHO would move forward with sequel to an existing iteration of Godzilla.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Gawdziller1954 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:10 am What are chances of a ShinG-Shin Ultraman crossover, you think?
I'm not too sure how likely it is in a film, but if we're talking about another big 4D ride, i could see it..

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

God, i would love an official sequel to GvD or a film set in the Showa continuity. Suits or not
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

I'd love a sequel to Shin, and it made so much that it's clearly possible, but smart money is they do another experimental take like they've been doing.
Or maybe go traditional if that World of Godzilla plan really is for a cinematic shared universe...
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Kaijucifer wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 1:12 am
miguelnuva wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:17 pm Toho next. There has been a Godzilla film every anniversary since 1964.
Legendary did 2014 lol. So they can do it 2024 again to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Monsterverse as well as Godzilla's 70th. I don't want Toho Live action films until the Monsterverse either dies or loses me entirely. Currently I'm very satisfied, but my expectations moving forward after GvK for the MV are more grounded and I don't want the next film to be another action fest. I want a return to roots film with Godzilla being a god trying to maintain order again on a smaller scale with a better human story with fewer human characters and to flesh them out. I want them to continue Michael Dougherty's vision for the Titans and Godzilla, re-establish him as an ally to humanity, and take the "They are the Gods spoken of in all lore" aspect to the next level. Make them feel that way(less animalistic, more divine and wiser than they appear).
What I want next, is Godzilla BC. An origin story for our Godzilla. Show him hatching and growing up through the prologue, and at the end of it, cut to him as an adult and doing his thing. They could do anything here as long as it's well executed, but I think they could allude to Ghidorah at the end of the film with a object falling to the Earth during a time when humans and titans now both exist, and coexist.
Legendary seems to be focoused on a Kong sequel which I would assume would be 2023-2024. Unless they're working in Godzilla now or both Toho would have to do the 70th anniversary film.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

I think a more tragic Monsterverse film may be a good idea. Play up G being lonely. Have Godzilla deal with the awakened Methuselah and Behemoth. Behemoth turns heel, because Biollante is giving off alpha vibes and its a plant. we watch and have Behemoth be conflicted, noticing Biollante is not restoring the world around it, but spreading its own unstable mutation. Methuselah is out to protect two alleged G eggs and then somehow Biollante's creators get a hold of them. Battle is G and Methuselah vs Behemoth and Biollante, until Behemoth turns sides seeing Biollante threatening his original alpha and the forests. After, it turns out the eggs aren't from Godzilla but either Anguirus or a close relative(Rokmutal)cue lonely man G that leaves Methuselah to raise them.
Last edited by imposterzilla on Mon May 03, 2021 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.