Ideas for a MonsterVerse video game

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Ideas for a MonsterVerse video game

Post by SonOfGorgo »

While it may be unlikely, I thought I might make a little discussion about what a hypothetical video game based on the MonsterVerse series, various ideas and all:
One I have in mind would be a sandbox/beat em up style. Where you can play as any of the Titans and roam about Earth, surface and hollow, and either team up with or battle other titans to claim their territory.
Another would be a survival game where you play as a Monarch agent or scientist, and you have to escape an facility/outpost as a Titan breaks out.
And another would be inspired by the '05 King Kong video game, where you can play as both Conrad and Kong and explore Skull Island and face various creatures.

What do you folks think? Sound like good ideas? Got any of your own?
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Your Boy Leroy
Monsterland Worker

Re: Ideas for a MonsterVerse video game

Post by Your Boy Leroy »

This is probably better off in the Toho Video Game forum, but I'd be incredibly interested in a proper MV game for current gen consoles and PC.

I'd really like to see something done like the Ubisoft King Kong game, where you play as both a human character and the monster with different gameplay styles for each. I was a huge fan of that game, and while aspects of it did feel rushed, the idea was there. Ideally, the game could follow the stories from the entire MV, starting with G14 and ending with GvK. Although I'm not a huge FPS guy, I'd add that as the main gameplay style for the human segments, balanced with strong narrative choice-driven gameplay like that found in the Telltale games. For the monster stages, I honestly wouldn't stray too far away from the base mechanics in Namco's Godzilla game, although more refined and varied.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

Your Boy Leroy wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:55 amThis is probably better off in the Toho Video Game forum, but I'd be incredibly interested in a proper MV game for current gen consoles and PC.
Fair enough, is there a way to move it there?
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

A survival game like The forest or Minecraft survival mode but set on Skull island