How would Gigan fit in the monsterverse (GvK spoilers)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Apex Gigan or Alien Gigan

Apex Gigan
14%
Alien Gigan
86%

Total votes: 29

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

How would Gigan fit in the monsterverse (GvK spoilers)

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Ever since
Spoiler:
Mechagodzilla
been introduced to the monsterverse, People have been arguing about how would Gigan fit into the Monsterverse. This is a good question, How can Gigan fit? Can he be an alien cyborg from space?
Or can he be a cyborg built by apex?
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: How would Gigan fit in the monsterverse (GvK spoilers)

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Have him start off as seemingly an original new titan as a surprise reveal.

As for what he should be. He should be like the previous incarnations, an alien which King Ghidorah's call managed to reach into space that Gigan had apparently heard and was drawn to. Because of his extraterrestrial nature, this draws Godzilla's attention and they both fight with Godzilla killing Gigan. APEX eventually decides to use Gigan's body to modify it into their own use implanting cybernetic parts onto him becoming the cyborg we all know.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:03 am Have him start off as seemingly an original new titan as a surprise reveal.

As for what he should be. He should be like the previous incarnations, an alien which King Ghidorah's call managed to reach into space that Gigan had apparently heard and was drawn to. Because of his extraterrestrial nature, this draws Godzilla's attention and they both fight with Godzilla killing Gigan. APEX eventually decides to use Gigan's body to modify it into their own use implanting cybernetic parts onto him becoming the cyborg we all know.
I like your idea but I would’ve preferred to see Apex finding a kaiju corpse in the Hollow Earth and they used that corpse to make a cyborg that can attack Monarch or Godzilla
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:15 amI like your idea but I would’ve preferred to see Apex finding a kaiju corpse in the Hollow Earth and they used that corpse to make a cyborg that can attack Monarch or Godzilla
Thanks, I just thought it'd be a good way to have both the alien and APEX origin along with having it tied to one of the previous movies and expanding on the MonsterVerse's lore more regarding alien titans.

Your idea is good too.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:18 am
Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:15 amI like your idea but I would’ve preferred to see Apex finding a kaiju corpse in the Hollow Earth and they used that corpse to make a cyborg that can attack Monarch or Godzilla
Thanks, I just thought it'd be a good way to have both the alien and APEX origin along with having it tied to one of the previous movies and expanding on the MonsterVerse's lore more regarding alien titans.

Your idea is good too.
Thank man, I think that the Hollow Earth should be explored more, the Hollow Earth are a great addition to the Monsterverse, there’s so many creative ideas to make from this place, for all we know the Anguirus species could be down there, and what stopping Legendary from making a encyclopedia book of the Hollow Earth like University did to KK 2005 skull island

KaijuCrazy02
Ronin

Post by KaijuCrazy02 »

I think they should have Gigan as an alien monster but Apex places cybernetic enhancements on his body to make him a titan killing machine. My idea is that Gigan came to Earth with Ghidorah and started attacking the planet, even going into the Hollow Earth during their series of battles. Gigan was killed in the Hollow Earth and the people of the HE called him Gigan which would mean something in their language.

I think Gigan should have been the one to kill Anguirus evident by his skeleton outside of Godzilla's temple, perhaps Anguirus could have bled out while trying to reach an injured Godzilla for help, but couldn't make it?

Apex finds Gigan's corpse, and they decide to have him kill Godzilla. For Godzilla, the fight is personal because Gigan killed his best pal. However, he underestimates Gigan's new weaponry, and needs the help of one of the original titans from KOTM help him out, preferably Behemoth or Methuselah.

Apex never calls Gigan by his true name, they simply call him the Titankiller. If a hypothetical movie was to be made, Dr. Chen's character could be brought back to give us some lore on Gigan and namedrop him similar to how she did Ghidorah in KOTM

Gojira1604
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gojira1604 »

Gigan seems like he'd be a good evil sidekick for another kaiju, kind of like he's always been. His superior being maybe Bagan or another Ghidorah.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I'd stick Gigan in as the sub boss of Godzilla vs Biollante personally. He'd arrive from Space having heard Ghidorah's Alpha call.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Really like the ideas surrounding him hearing Ghidorah’s call. Man, Gigan could be so cool in this universe.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Of course, sound doesn't travel through space, so Gigan couldn't realistically hear Ghidorah's call. Anyway, if Gigan was outside our solar system, it would take thousands of years for sound to reach him.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

JAGzilla wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:25 am Of course, sound doesn't travel through space, so Gigan couldn't realistically hear Ghidorah's call. Anyway, if Gigan was outside our solar system, it would take thousands of years for sound to reach him.
TBH if we have him be a Xilien pawn again, we could have the Xiliens go through a black hole in order to reach Earth quicker, not different from the Hollow Earth portal.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

mikelcho
EDF Instructor

Post by mikelcho »

Gigantis wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:42 am
JAGzilla wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:25 am Of course, sound doesn't travel through space, so Gigan couldn't realistically hear Ghidorah's call. Anyway, if Gigan was outside our solar system, it would take thousands of years for sound to reach him.
TBH if we have him be a Xilien pawn again, we could have the Xiliens go through a black hole in order to reach Earth quicker, not different from the Hollow Earth portal.
Gigan was a pawn of the Nebulans, not the Xiliens. King Ghidorah was a pawn of the Xiliens.
Last edited by mikelcho on Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

mikelcho wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:14 am
Gigan was a pawn of the Nebulans, not the Xiliens. King Ghidorah was a pawn of the Xiliens.
[/quote]

Ehh, all the Showa era aliens are pretty much the same. :P

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

HillyHulk
Gotengo Officer

Post by HillyHulk »

Maybe have him be the leader of an Invasion against human beings. It would subvert the usual routine of aliens controlling kaiju and might be interesting to see (something like what Showa Gamera did with Zigra). I might have brought this idea up before but it would fit this universe. Maybe use both Gigans, use something similar to the Millennium design for the leader and Showa design for the followers... :Gigan:
Last edited by HillyHulk on Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

CrimsonBloodX
JXSDF Technician

Post by CrimsonBloodX »

I would like to see him be an alien monster that crashed on Earth in prehistoric times, gets awakened, goes on a rampage, gets killed and then revived as a cyborg by either aliens or Apex.
"You are the Arbiter. The will of the Prophets. But these are my Elites. Their lives matter to me. Yours does not."

"That makes two of us."

My YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaJhff ... 7ZcLGnZkaA?
My Twitter - https://twitter.com/Nintendozilla98

RELEASE THE AYER CUT!

2A, Shall Not Be Infringed

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

GrandKingGidorah2001
Ronin

Post by GrandKingGidorah2001 »

Have him be an alien that crash on Earth sometime in the past, APEX (or whatever other evil organization) find his body which is injured and messed up and have them replace body parts using cybernetics to keep him alive/revive him. Everything gets messed up he escapes and goes on a rampage.

Honestly feel it would be easier for western general audiences to accept than a kaiju from space that already has cybernetics before arriving on Earth and I don't see the Monsterverse introducing Humanoid aliens like in the Showa era tbh.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:57 am Ever since
Spoiler:
Mechagodzilla
been introduced to the monsterverse, People have been arguing about how would Gigan fit into the Monsterverse. This is a good question, How can Gigan fit? Can he be an alien cyborg from space?
Or can he be a cyborg built by apex?
That first one is badass. As for the vote, I would appreciate it if they allowed for a choice that incorporated a bit of both.
Last edited by LegendZilla on Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

I was thinking about this, as I was playing with my new SHMA. What about an old alien titan whose body has been mummified, after it died. Apex or another company try to the MechaGodzilla route, and create Gigan.. Who then loses control and kills everyone, and then Godzilla has to fi-okay, nevermind. I've just repeated the final act of GvK.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I still vote the sub boss in Godzilla vs Biollante.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image