Spoilers: Soo, why was GVK less expensive that KOTM and KSI?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Re: Spoilers: Soo, why was GVK less expensive that KOTM and KSI?

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Vakanai wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:32 pm My own personal fan theory? It's cheaper because they didn't have to pay the writer much this go around. I figure the script was paid for with say a small coke and half a meatball sub?
Ok, you gotta stop at some point, shitting on a single thing nonstop for days is not healthy for the psyche. Literally every single post you’ve made for the past few days has been shitting on the movie

Everyone gets it, you hate GvK, spending this much time shitting on it doesn’t help anyone. Go talk about something you enjoy
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

I dunno, I buy 165 before FX reshoots and ADR stuff, not after.
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

Vakanai wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:32 pm My own personal fan theory? It's cheaper because they didn't have to pay the writer much this go around. I figure the script was paid for with say a small coke and half a meatball sub?
I thought you said you were done talking about the movie? :eh:

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

It was actually the price of a McDouble, a small fry and a large coke from Mcdonald's.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:47 pm
Ok, you gotta stop at some point, shitting on a single thing nonstop for days is not healthy for the psyche. Literally every single post you’ve made for the past few days has been shitting on the movie

Everyone gets it, you hate GvK, spending this much time shitting on it doesn’t help anyone. Go talk about something you enjoy
It's been less than a month, and not counting responses to people debating me on this topic my GvK comments average to what, 1 or 2 per day?
I get it, people are upset to hear other people express negative views about the stuff they like, but again a few weeks of bitching to get it out of my system is not gonna harm anyone.

Added in 2 minutes 23 seconds:
gridiron_kaiju wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:07 pm
I thought you said you were done talking about the movie? :eh:
No, I said I was done debating/arguing it or sharing any legitimate attempts at critiquing (you can look up my post). Complaining and shit posting are different, and I said so in that thread. Especially one liners/cheap shots. We all need our vents.

Added in 1 minute 13 seconds:
Moth wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:38 pm
It was actually the price of a McDouble, a small fry and a large coke from Mcdonald's.
See, this is what people get for being cheap on the cost. Should have splurged for the McRib, or at least the Big Mac.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Post by ROMG4 »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 6:47 pm

The entire fanbase has complained about 1998 for over 21 years, one person complaining over a few days about the latest movie that came out a month ago hardly matches up as "unhealthy discourse"

For myself I loved the movie but recognize it has faults and the viewpoints of those that weren't satisfied by the movie are as entirely fair and valid as my own. Because there were some things that could have been done better and things in the movie clearly went through a lot of editing it does not diminish my enjoyment to admit there were problems or not and refusing to acknowledge them does a disservice to the movie and series

I don't have to participate in it though so I'm not going to stop those that have problems with it from discussing them anymore than I would stop those talking about it positively

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Hate Godzilla vs Kong if you want but you all know that script was written in a writers room. So Legendary must have paid with a large pizza.

And Yes I like Godzilla vs Kong but can see the script could have been better.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:04 pm Hate Godzilla vs Kong if you want but you all know that script was written in a writers room. So Legendary must have paid with a large pizza.

Extra cheese, no pepperoni. That explains it. :lol:
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

Relair
Monsterland Worker

Post by Relair »

miguelnuva wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:04 pm Hate Godzilla vs Kong if you want but you all know that script was written in a writers room. So Legendary must have paid with a large pizza.

They need to get Greg Keyes to go over these scripts. His novelizations are always awesome and add in so many little things that make even 1-dimensional characters and thin plot lines so much better. Like in the GvsK book Nathan is so much more likeable and has an actual character arc, Mark and Monarch have a lot more of a presence, and you got to see a lot more of why Ren was the way he was. Another 15-20 minutes of run time to pad out this stuff and I don't think people would complain nearly as much about the script.
Last edited by Relair on Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.