Can the other creatures from the KK (2005) exist in the Monsterverse

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Re: Can the other creatures from the KK (2005) exist in the Monsterverse

Post by Thatguy4683 »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:16 am
Breakdown wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:27 pm Didn't Jordan Vogt Roberts say that he likes to think the events of KK'33 happened except for Kong being taken off the island? That would explain that enormous triceratops skull that looked relatively fresh. It's possible there might be dinosaurs alive on the island.
This is basically already canon because not only this theory of Roberts, but the novelization has Randa mention a film crew who went famously missing near Skull Island and the Wanderer (the boat in the Iwi village that Marlow says has been there longer then him) is the name of the boat in the novel/public domain story.

I'm guessing they tried to take baby Kong and Mama and Papa Kong reacted badly :lol:
Was there a damage ship called the Wanderer in the native place?

ROMG4
G-Grasper

Re: Can the other creatures from the KK (2005) exist in the Monsterverse

Post by ROMG4 »

Moth wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:05 am It's funny how when fans want Legendary to reuse Toho stuff, it's fine . But if we get the Foetodon back, it suddenly becomes "lazy naming".
Seriously. I'm also pretty sure those names and monsters are copy-righted as well or at least require the permission of Universal to use, especially since Universal still has a vested interest in the 2005 continuity what with their theme park rides. For all intents and purposes 2005 Kong has the same place for Universal as the Heisei Godzilla had and still has for Toho

I find it odd how dismissive people are of this and Kong's mythos of creatures when the Skullcrawlers themselves were based on the lizard from Kong 33. "Surely it cannot be intentional it had to be a quick Google search!" Its actually pretty rude to the designers honestly

Never forget tadpole :g2k:
Cinematic Kaiju wrote:"...And you keep still because you think that maybe his visual acuity is based on movement like T-Rex - he'll lose you if you don't move. But no, not Godzilla. You stare at him, and he just stares right back."
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:00 amI'm sowey, I didn't mean it uMu