MonsterVerse Poll: Ranking the series so far

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Your options (2) are…

Godzilla (Gareth Edwards, 2014)
21%
Kong: Skull Island (Jordan Vogt-Roberts, 2017)
24%
Godzilla: King of the Monsters (Michael Dougherty, 2019)
25%
Godzilla vs Kong (Adam Wingard, 2021)
30%

Total votes: 89

Major sssspielberg!
EDF Instructor

Re: MonsterVerse Poll: Ranking the series so far

Post by Major sssspielberg! »

Man, they're all.pretty much neck and neck for me. I have about equal grievances and likes about all of em. Every time I rank them I wind up not agreeing with myself. I can say the best two quality wise are 2014 and Kong: Skull Island for sure. KotM I enjoy despite some deep misunderstandings of the source material, and GvK really was something of a visual marvel and a great time.
Gun to my head:
Skull Island
King of the Monsters
Godzilla vs Kong
Kaltes-Herzeleid wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:44 am I love Final Wars. I praise Final Wars. Simple as.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Re: MonsterVerse Poll: Ranking the series so far

Post by ultrazilla »

Godzilla King of the Monsters
Godzilla vs Kong
Godzilla
Kong Skull Island

KOTM: Despite its flaws I would rank the overall experience the most satisfying to watch. Aside from the beautiful cinematography, the introduction of the classic Toho kaijus, the memorable score from Bear, I love how it evolves Godzilla's powers with interesting concept. The Burning form really seals the deal for me and why I place it above GvK.

GvK: Absolutely satisfying and stunning kaiju fight scenes, great pacing and love the introduction of MechaGodzilla. Didn't really enjoy some of the new characters like Bernie and Josh, they make the movie feel too cheesy. The utter ass whoop Godzilla received from MG did no favor for me to put it on number one either.

Godzilla: Got some really nicely shot, pristine sequences in the franchise for sure but those moments of brilliance is let down by the general slow, dull pacing and uninteresting characters.

KSI: Pretty cool fight scenes, enjoyed the variety of mega faunas in the biome and the pacing is great too. But personally because of Kong's relatively tiny size at the time compared to Godzilla and co, I feel let down by the scale as if it's a kid's project compared to other mainline Monsterverse movies, it's just not on the same level of awesomeness in size and threat level.

All in all I don't hate any of them but there's plenty of room for improvements for sure.