Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Re: Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by Jermobooka »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:41 pm I feel Godzilla having a mate and a child however isn't off the table for Legendary.
I’d very much rather not have that happen

It would take away what’s so special about Godzilla, that he’s the last of his kind and the only thing between the world and chaos
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

Kaijucifer
G-Grasper

Post by Kaijucifer »

plasmabeam wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:44 am
Kaijucifer wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:42 pm
Discord servers are a LOT simpler to talk in, only came to TK in 2019 for the spoilers threads, stayed around because some of the people here are really cool and interesting conversations happen sometimes (Good lord, had some good ones in the old GvK rumors thread, what a riot!), Speaking of, PLASMABEAM, where you at my man? Haven't seen you in a bit!
I'm alive, I'm alive!

I went a bit dormant here due to work. Plus, I can't wait til they announce a (the) future MV Godzilla movie. It's always good to have something Goji to wait for (and as much as I respect Kong, he's not interesting enough for me to post stuff about). Even though I knew a great deal of what was going to happen in GvK, this forum was addictive like what I'd imagine crack is like. I can't wait til it becomes like that again. Bring on the next MV Goji chapter.
Same, man. Same. My activity has fallen off a cliff due to overexcitement cool down from GvK. Need to see what happens next!
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Jermobooka wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:01 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:41 pm I feel Godzilla having a mate and a child however isn't off the table for Legendary.

It would take away what’s so special about Godzilla, that he’s the last of his kind and the only thing between the world and chaos
Godzilla is a super version of his species. Assuming his mate was as strong as 2014 self she would likely not even be as strong as Kong.

Godzilla would still be special because he's almost Super Godzilla at this point. He is one of a kind even if more of his race is out there.

Personally I wouldn't mind a subspecies if he did get a mate because I would like his son to be based of Godzilla 2000 the way Legendary Goji was based off 1954.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Monke
Interpol Agent

Post by Monke »

Size difference of Godzilla and Mechagodzilla
Last edited by Monke on Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:27 pm

Godzilla is a super version of his species. Assuming his mate was as strong as 2014 self she would likely not even be as strong as Kong.

Godzilla would still be special because he's almost Super Godzilla at this point. He is one of a kind even if more of his race is out there.

Personally I would mind a subspecies if he did get a mate because I would like his son to be based of Godzilla 2000 the way Legendary Goji was based off 1954.
Plus it'd mean the return of the whip tail and 2014 spines
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

KaijuKingGojira
Interpol Agent

Post by KaijuKingGojira »

I actually think it would be cool if there can only really be one Godzilla at a time, either when one dies or “sleeps”, another come forward. I’d like the next Godzilla movie to feature the world titan Biollante (with Hedorah as others have mentioned) and near the end, when Godzilla is forced to end Biollante (or send her back to sleep), the teaser at the end is Biollante (Mother Earth itself) bringing forward, or “birthing” a new baby Godzilla, hinting at Godzilla’s potential impending doom since Mother Earth knows what is coming (Destroyah) and Godzilla activates his ultimate power in the finale against Destroyah (he goes proper meltdown) which has marked multiple extinction events over earths history… it was Godzilla’s reaching their natural life end. That’s why Muto’s were actually good in a sense, they killed Godzilla’s before this. In the end though, this power would pass on to “junior” who would become the new king.
Last edited by KaijuKingGojira on Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Godzilla is the same as Tigger. The wonderful thing about them both is that they are the only ones!

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

cloverfan98 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:48 pm

Godzilla is the same as Tigger. The wonderful thing about them both is that they are the only ones!
And yet there has always been 2-3 Godzillas in a series.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Showzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showzilla »

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Showzilla wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:22 am https://imgur.com/a/o3igoKN

Damn
FTFY
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

DynomikeGojira
G-Grasper

Post by DynomikeGojira »

Got my Blu-Ray copy this is gonna be the first my grandfather has seen it.

daveblackeye15
EDF Instructor

Post by daveblackeye15 »

Oh yeah physical media out! Got to get one next time I'm out.

kaijuguy19
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaijuguy19 »

So there's a clip going around showing that Wingard didn't care about making sense of the film's plot and writing and that he thinks they don't matter and many people on Twitter weren't happy about hearing that at all.

https://twitter.com/GiantMonsterBS/stat ... 00642?s=19
Why am I always chasing rainbows?

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

kaijuguy19 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:14 pm So there's a clip going around showing that Wingard didn't care about making sense of the film's plot and writing and that he thinks they don't matter and many people on Twitter weren't happy about hearing that at all.

I''m curious to see how the over MV directors think considering Gareth Edwards is almost all about the plot when it comes to his movies.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

kaijuguy19 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:14 pm So there's a clip going around showing that Wingard didn't care about making sense of the film's plot and writing and that he thinks they don't matter and many people on Twitter weren't happy about hearing that at all.

Yikes, I mean it was obvious that the writing of GvK was absolute trash, but god damn. That selected clip deals with a huge plot point in the terrible story they chose and to just come out and say "it doesn't matter" is bizarre. Thankfully studios are really dumb and giving Wingard too many projects that pretty much make it impossible for him to direct another Monsterverse movie, if it continues that is. I mean damn... I have my problems with KOTM, but the release of GvK has really made me appreciate it much more. Would MUCH rather have Dougherty return than Wingard. At least you could tell Dougherty cared and was passionate.

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

People on Twitter not happy about something? Well color me shocked.

All that is is a small clip taken out of context and being used by people who didn’t like the movie to try to shove it in everyone’s face who enjoyed it and prove their opinions superior. It’s nothing. Just ignore these weirdos.

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

I don't know, I think it's a valid complaint that the director barely put any thought into his film.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

gridiron_kaiju wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:35 pm

All that is is a small clip taken out of context and being used by people who didn’t like the movie to try to shove it in everyone’s face who enjoyed it and prove their opinions superior.
That’s Basically Twitter

Added in 5 minutes 40 seconds:
miguelnuva wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:27 pm

Personally I wouldn't mind a subspecies if he did get a mate because I would like his son to be based of Godzilla 2000 the way Legendary Goji was based off 1954.
I think we can add in Zilla as subspecies of Godzilla, A titan that lives in the Hollow Earth and only in rare cases ever comes up to the Surface, they’re basically one of the weakest titans out there only taking a couple missiles to bring them down but they make up for it for the speed and digging ability

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

That’s concerning that Wingard would go that far. I didn’t even think the GvK plot was that bad, but it definitely could be improved. I like dumb schlock as much as the next guy but what’s wrong with a tighter script? What’s wrong with putting passion into a project, did he really not care for the franchise he was working on? It almost makes me feel bad for liking the movie because Wingard apparently didn’t care about the story, even though I and others got invested.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

gridiron_kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by gridiron_kaiju »

Have you guys considered that maybe he was joking around and you’re taking it WAY too seriously?