Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Re: Godzilla vs. Kong Discussion Thread - FULL SPOILERS AHEAD

Post by plasmabeam »

Vakanai wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 11:54 pm I know my opinion of this film has been expressed elsewhere, and is frankly not popular here, but might as well put it up on the official thread for it - I didn't like it. The story/plot/script was one of the worst in the genre to date. And the characterization...well, to call it shallow would still imply depth that this lacked. Godzilla was completely inconsistent with the way he was portrayed in his previous MV appearances.

Basically the only pluses of this film is the sheer CGI spectacle of this, the best kaiju fights ever put to screen, and if you don't give a damn about him going from hero to total psychotic villain, or even prefer that over how he'd been portrayed before, then yeah Godzilla wins (though honestly, him being such a colossal murderous jerk towards Kong for no given reason makes this win feel wrong to me). So, if that is literally all you care about then you might love this film. If that's not enough for you and you need a little more than just cool fights and Godzilla winning? Then this movie is crap. Sadly I fall in the latter group - this was my most anticipated movie, but my script expectations were still very low and reserved, and yet it still completely disappointed me. The writing was poop. There's no getting around that.

I legit hated this movie whenever the fights weren't occurring. It was a waste, and it didn't have to be. There's no reason they couldn't have delivered these same fight scenes wrapped up in a solid story like Kong: Skull Island did. It was a deliberate choice to go dumb, and boy howdie did they.

I know that 90+% of you probably think that this was the greatest Hollywood Godzilla movie you could have ever asked for and believe it should go down and be heralded as one of the greatest films of all time, and you probably think I'm some bum with a stick up his butt who hates fun. But you know what? I don't care anymore. This was a bad film.
That's funny how different people's opinions can be (and that's ok). I loved the movie.

Godzilla still saved the planet, again. If Kong didn't tire him out, there would have been some smackdown on MG. Though he powered up Kong's axe enough to defeat MG. Not to mention, without Godzilla, MG would have destroyed Kong.

Also, Godzilla is not a murderous jerk. If he was, he would have killed Kong as he lay on the barge, both looking straight at each other. Did Godzilla go in for the burning kill? No. When Godzilla removed his foot from Kong's chest, he could have incinerated him like he normally does all his enemies. Did he? No. The murderous claim is something I don't understand. Perhaps if you read the novelisation or Dominion, you'll understand Godzilla's motives for this movie. And yes, they count. Godzilla is the balancer of nature. If something comes between him and balance, it gets destroyed. He doesn't really ask questions or set up a court interview.

Is this movie preposterous and brainlessly fun? Yes. It's a giant radioactive dinosaur fighting a giant gorilla. And it wasn't meant to be Skull Island. It was meant as more of a pop spectacle in the same vibe as Spielberg would do. I certainly have complaints with a lot of the story. HE being at the core is simply not scientifically possible or cool to establish; should have been between the mantle and the crust. The beasts move too fast. There's lots of disabling of reality needed here, even for a sci fi film. But Godzilla was just such a showstopping attention whore that it somehow makes it endearing. He saves the day again, even if it's indirectly. He's the badass anti-hero that is always misunderstood.

And MG was just so incredible. Even though they should have had Godzilla land a good tail-swipe at least.

Anyway, I get your dislike and I can totally accept why you hate it. I'm just completely not in the same boat because Legendary's Godzilla is the one I've waited for all my life and they've nailed it beyond my greatest dreams.

Added in 2 minutes 50 seconds:
CyberZilla wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:23 pm I’d buy Kong with IVs. Would be a hell of a collectible to bring to doctor’s visits

You'd be a lot of fun on the playground with that toy. :lol:

Maybe they can also sell Rodan with a bandaged up head and a leg cast, and Behemoth on a stretcher.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

plasmabeam wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:47 pmThat's funny how different people's opinions can be (and that's ok). I loved the movie.

Godzilla still saved the planet, again. If Kong didn't tire him out, there would have been some smackdown on MG. Though he powered up Kong's axe enough to defeat MG. Not to mention, without Godzilla, MG would have destroyed Kong.

Also, Godzilla is not a murderous jerk. If he was, he would have killed Kong as he lay on the barge, both looking straight at each other. Did Godzilla go in for the burning kill? No. When Godzilla removed his foot from Kong's chest, he could have incinerated him like he normally does all his enemies. Did he? No. The murderous claim is something I don't understand. Perhaps if you read the novelisation or Dominion, you'll understand Godzilla's motives for this movie. And yes, they count. Godzilla is the balancer of nature. If something comes between him and balance, it gets destroyed. He doesn't really ask questions or set up a court interview.

Is this movie preposterous and brainlessly fun? Yes. It's a giant radioactive dinosaur fighting a giant gorilla. And it wasn't meant to be Skull Island. It was meant as more of a pop spectacle in the same vibe as Spielberg would do. I certainly have complaints with a lot of the story. HE being at the core is simply not scientifically possible or cool to establish; should have been between the mantle and the crust. The beasts move too fast. There's lots of disabling of reality needed here, even for a sci fi film. But Godzilla was just such a showstopping attention whore that it somehow makes it endearing. He saves the day again, even if it's indirectly. He's the badass anti-hero that is always misunderstood.

And MG was just so incredible. Even though they should have had Godzilla land a good tail-swipe at least.

Anyway, I get your dislike and I can totally accept why you hate it. I'm just completely not in the same boat because Legendary's Godzilla is the one I've waited for all my life and they've nailed it beyond my greatest dreams.
Look, I don't know if you read all the posts that came after this one, but I...really don't want to argue over this movie further. I've just had a bad time with it and want to move on, but you wrote a bunch so I'll just point out what my thoughts are there and drop it.

1. Kong "tired him out" only because he went after Kong first. The entire crust and mantle of the earth was separating them and Godzilla blew a hole through it just to fight with Kong again despite having no reason to do that and knowing that MechaG (or whatever part of MechG was pissing him off so much) was right there mere city blocks away from him.
2. Without Godzilla MG would have destroyed Kong - Without Godzilla Kong would have never been near MG to begin with! Kong's and MG's paths had nothing to do with each other. Kong wouldn't have been there if Godzilla hadn't blown a hole in the planet just to invite Kong for another death match.
3. If not a jerk, what else would you call someone who goes out of their way to go after someone else they've never met, has never wronged them, just to kick their ass? Not once, but twice! And if not murderous, what else would you call someone who stops another's heartbeat?
4. No, the comic and novelization do not count. You should never, ever have to read other material to understand the plot of a film.
5. How on earth did Kong get between Godzilla and the balance of nature? Just by being almost as powerful?
6. Brainlessly fun - that's my biggest problem with it. It didn't have to be brainless to be fun. You could have had the exact same fight scenes, all the CGI kaiju stomping, punching, kicking, blasting action, not change a single solitary thing about any of that, without going completely entirely 110% brainless on the writing. The writing did not have to be this bad to justify any of the fighting or action we got. And I just can't get past that.

You're free to disagree with all of that, and explain why, but I'm not going to argue anymore. I meant it when I said I was done, and honestly I shouldn't have written any of this, at all. But you quoted me, civilly set out your points, and I'm sleepy so more prone to bad judgement and just plain old letting my own stupid human nature getting the best of me. But that's the absolute last I have to say on the subject, I just don't want to discuss this movie further.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

Vakanai wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:06 am
plasmabeam wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:47 pmThat's funny how different people's opinions can be (and that's ok). I loved the movie.

Look, I don't know if you read all the posts that came after this one, but I...really don't want to argue over this movie further. I've just had a bad time with it and want to move on, but you wrote a bunch so I'll just point out what my thoughts are there and drop it.

1. Kong "tired him out" only because he went after Kong first. The entire crust and mantle of the earth was separating them and Godzilla blew a hole through it just to fight with Kong again despite having no reason to do that and knowing that MechaG (or whatever part of MechG was pissing him off so much) was right there mere city blocks away from him.
2. Without Godzilla MG would have destroyed Kong - Without Godzilla Kong would have never been near MG to begin with! Kong's and MG's paths had nothing to do with each other. Kong wouldn't have been there if Godzilla hadn't blown a hole in the planet just to invite Kong for another death match.
3. If not a jerk, what else would you call someone who goes out of their way to go after someone else they've never met, has never wronged them, just to kick their ass? Not once, but twice! And if not murderous, what else would you call someone who stops another's heartbeat?
4. No, the comic and novelization do not count. You should never, ever have to read other material to understand the plot of a film.
5. How on earth did Kong get between Godzilla and the balance of nature? Just by being almost as powerful?
6. Brainlessly fun - that's my biggest problem with it. It didn't have to be brainless to be fun. You could have had the exact same fight scenes, all the CGI kaiju stomping, punching, kicking, blasting action, not change a single solitary thing about any of that, without going completely entirely 110% brainless on the writing. The writing did not have to be this bad to justify any of the fighting or action we got. And I just can't get past that.

You're free to disagree with all of that, and explain why, but I'm not going to argue anymore. I meant it when I said I was done, and honestly I shouldn't have written any of this, at all. But you quoted me, civilly set out your points, and I'm sleepy so more prone to bad judgement and just plain old letting my own stupid human nature getting the best of me. But that's the absolute last I have to say on the subject, I just don't want to discuss this movie further.
1. He felt the disturbance of the axe and it was a piece of his species. Godzilla can feel the life-force from blades of grass and can sense the moonlight in the air on the other side of the planet. This isn't a stretch. Not even for such a fictional movie.

2. This is what movies do - they have intersecting narratives as characters cross paths and they build further narratives. If humans didn't move Kong, he wouldn't have been in danger from Godzilla. The cause of all this was the humans. There's got to be a reason to pit a giant radioactive dino against a giant gorilla. I'm not sure you're ever going to find a "realistic" way of pulling something like that off.

3. It's in Godzilla's nature to keep the balance of nature and the ecology. He was policing the Titans since before this movie and he's been the protector of the planet for eons. I'm wondering if you even are aware of some of the most basic Godzilla lore that overlaps for decades. This is what Godzilla does. If he senses imbalance, he balances it and doesn't care who gets hurt by doing so.

4. The problem is that we were never talking about understanding the plot of the film. We all totally understand it. We just don't all approve of it. The novelisation definitely fills in some of the reasoning for the plot. The plot wasn't hard to follow whatsoever. It was just deemed preposterous. It's nice having some background.

5. Godzilla is an alpha. It's in his nature to do all this. Alphas mean that there is only one. What do you want? Godzilla to be defanged and turned into a giant Barney? Some fans want him to be even more of an evil antagonist and some want him to be an angelic lizard. This is a great mix of the two, in my opinion.

6. I would love for someone to give me an example of what type of scenarios/fighting/reasoning/premise wouldn't have been "brainless fun" of a giant nuclear dinosaur and a giant gorilla who knows sign language fighting in a movie against a giant robot of a laser dinosaur.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

plasmabeam wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:21 pm

1. He felt the disturbance of the axe and it was a piece of his species. Godzilla can feel the life-force from blades of grass and can sense the moonlight in the air on the other side of the planet. This isn't a stretch. Not even for such a fictional movie.

2. This is what movies do - they have intersecting narratives as characters cross paths and they build further narratives. If humans didn't move Kong, he wouldn't have been in danger from Godzilla. The cause of all this was the humans. There's got to be a reason to pit a giant radioactive dino against a giant gorilla. I'm not sure you're ever going to find a "realistic" way of pulling something like that off.

3. It's in Godzilla's nature to keep the balance of nature and the ecology. He was policing the Titans since before this movie and he's been the protector of the planet for eons. I'm wondering if you even are aware of some of the most basic Godzilla lore that overlaps for decades. This is what Godzilla does. If he senses imbalance, he balances it and doesn't care who gets hurt by doing so.

4. The problem is that we were never talking about understanding the plot of the film. We all totally understand it. We just don't all approve of it. The novelisation definitely fills in some of the reasoning for the plot. The plot wasn't hard to follow whatsoever. It was just deemed preposterous. It's nice having some background.

5. Godzilla is an alpha. It's in his nature to do all this. Alphas mean that there is only one. What do you want? Godzilla to be defanged and turned into a giant Barney? Some fans want him to be even more of an evil antagonist and some want him to be an angelic lizard. This is a great mix of the two, in my opinion.

6. I would love for someone to give me an example of what type of scenarios/fighting/reasoning/premise wouldn't have been "brainless fun" of a giant nuclear dinosaur and a giant gorilla who knows sign language fighting in a movie against a giant robot of a laser dinosaur.
Like I said, I disagree but I'm done.

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

Vakanai wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:01 am
plasmabeam wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:21 pm

Like I said, I disagree but I'm done.
I respect that.

Showzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Showzilla »

STOP BEING MATURE

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

So I might have missed it but was it ever confirmed by Windgard that Godzilla was exhausted after the fight with Kong and drilling the Earth when he engages MechaG? Did he say anything about G man would have won or be more evenly matched if came in fresh?

plasmabeam
G-Grasper

Post by plasmabeam »

Showzilla wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:26 am STOP BEING MATURE
I'm trying my best not to be but sometimes I slip up.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

ultrazilla wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:18 pm So I might have missed it but was it ever confirmed by Windgard that Godzilla was exhausted after the fight with Kong and drilling the Earth when he engages MechaG? Did he say anything about G man would have won or be more evenly matched if came in fresh?
Mechagodzillas designer said that if they were both at full power Godzilla would barley beat Mechagodzilla.

He also said MechaG would decimate kong lmao
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Kaijucifer
G-Grasper

Post by Kaijucifer »

I'm not gonna take anyone seriously who goes into a movie like Godzilla vs Kong and comes out like "Yeah fights were fucking amazing, but I still wanted more substance". You can shove that shit. The only way you'd get more substance is by adding even more time onto the film for more human scenes and stretching out the film all the while trying not to bore the audience who came here to see the epic spectacle and intimate moments with Kong.
I will not, cannot, and should not take ANYONE and their words seriously when they try to criticize a movie that was only and will only ever exist to be dumb fun. That said, now that I got my big dumb Team Godzilla movie, I hope we can Transition out of that stigma for the next ones. I'm wholly satisfied with everything we got in this, and idc about the what ifs, Ren Serizawa as a concept never interested me and I'm glad they kept the "Daddy ignored me so I'm gonna smash up all his work" thing out, got enough of that trope out of, well, most of the shows and movies I'm super into already.
I do not feel this movie lacked in any department. It was well paced, well acted, well choreographed, well shot, well edited, etc. I was thoroughly entertained from start to finish.
Current MV Rankings: GvK, KotM(Underrated and not well understood by the snobby elitist gatekeepers in the fandom who only see the surface), KSI, and lastly 2014. When it comes to actual Good Godzilla movies by Toho classics standards, the Monsterverse has none so far, the closest one to a great human story we get is in King of the Monsters, minus the forced attempts at jokes, it did very well contrary to what most say. It suffered a bit of an identity crisis but that's really just the Monsterverse as a whole, it hasn't found out it's mojo yet.

Added in 3 minutes 22 seconds:
From my keen observations it seems that the majority of the older fans in the fandom myself excluded are massive hipsters and dislike anything that's super popular or mainstream. This is Godzilla, not punk.
Last edited by Kaijucifer on Mon May 31, 2021 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The day of the Crystal King will arrive like a hunter in the night. The King has been burdened by the sins of many...and the greatest of sinners deny his love."
DISCLAIMER: I am neurodivergent (high functioning autism). What I say may not be meant in the negative way it may seem to neurotypicals.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

gottatalktothefake wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:38 pm
ultrazilla wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:18 pm So I might have missed it but was it ever confirmed by Windgard that Godzilla was exhausted after the fight with Kong and drilling the Earth when he engages MechaG? Did he say anything about G man would have won or be more evenly matched if came in fresh?
Mechagodzillas designer said that if they were both at full power Godzilla would barley beat Mechagodzilla.

Oh wow how did I miss that :lol: ! Big G truly is a beast which is why by honoring him I pre ordered the Godzilla Statue from Prime 1. Thanks for the info.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Re: Godzilla: King of the Monsters - General Discussion

Post by Vakanai »

Major sssspielberg! wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:02 pm
Vakanai wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:38 pm why Hong Kong? I mean it's Godzilla, he's the iconic Japanese kaiju, so why so many points for him showing up in a Chinese city?
I suppose I mean the design. The neon, the way Kong utilized the buildings, that sort of thing, not just because it's literally Hong Kong. I just thought the city was utilized in a lot of fun and creative ways. It ain't how I would have made a Godzilla/Kong crossover, but I still appreciate what we got. Thing is man, unlike the rest of the Godzilla series, the Monsterverse is kind of a guilty pleasure for me. I'm not really happy with most of it, but I do find plenty to enjoy in it. I do feel you about a lot of your criticisms, though. It's a lot harder to like the bits and pieces of a whole you're not into.
Fair enough. I agree that the city was utilized well as a set for an action flick. It looked really good.

I just wish that I hadn't had to go through such a bad, bad, bad plot to get to that location and fight. There's a lot to like about the film when it comes to the CGI/spectacle/action, and the look of Hong Kong was part of that. But the bad parts of the film are just too much for me to care for the parts they got right. And it was a conscious decision on their part to treat the writing as a throw away non-thing, which just makes it so much more frustrating to me. It's not just that they made a bad film, it's that they set out to make a bad film (outside of "DA FIGHTS!!!"), and I just can't get over that.

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Kaijucifer wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:01 am I'm not gonna take anyone seriously who goes into a movie like Godzilla vs Kong and comes out like "Yeah fights were skreeonking amazing, but I still wanted more substance". You can shove that poop. The only way you'd get more substance is by adding even more time onto the film for more human scenes and stretching out the film all the while trying not to bore the audience who came here to see the epic spectacle and intimate moments with Kong.
I will not, cannot, and should not take ANYONE and their words seriously when they try to criticize a movie that was only and will only ever exist to be dumb fun. That said, now that I got my big dumb Team Godzilla movie, I hope we can Transition out of that stigma for the next ones. I'm wholly satisfied with everything we got in this, and idc about the what ifs, Ren Serizawa as a concept never interested me and I'm glad they kept the "Daddy ignored me so I'm gonna smash up all his work" thing out, got enough of that trope out of, well, most of the shows and movies I'm super into already.
I do not feel this movie lacked in any department. It was well paced, well acted, well choreographed, well shot, well edited, etc. I was thoroughly entertained from start to finish.
Current MV Rankings: GvK, KotM(Underrated and not well understood by the snobby elitist gatekeepers in the fandom who only see the surface), KSI, and lastly 2014. When it comes to actual Good Godzilla movies by Toho classics standards, the Monsterverse has none so far, the closest one to a great human story we get is in King of the Monsters, minus the forced attempts at jokes, it did very well contrary to what most say. It suffered a bit of an identity crisis but that's really just the Monsterverse as a whole, it hasn't found out it's mojo yet.

From my keen observations it seems that the majority of the older fans in the fandom myself excluded are massive hipsters and dislike anything that's super popular or mainstream. This is Godzilla, not punk.
You don't have to take me seriously - nor am I inclined to take you seriously.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Kaijucifer wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:01 am I'm not gonna take anyone seriously who goes into a movie like Godzilla vs Kong and comes out like "Yeah fights were fucking amazing, but I still wanted more substance". You can shove that shit. The only way you'd get more substance is by adding even more time onto the film for more human scenes and stretching out the film all the while trying not to bore the audience who came here to see the epic spectacle and intimate moments with Kong.

Agreed with, like, everything you said. Be wary though, this is Tohokingdom. This kinda opinion isn’t the most popular ‘round these parts :lol:

Added in 2 minutes 1 second:
ultrazilla wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:27 am

Oh wow how did I miss that :lol: ! Big G truly is a beast which is why by honoring him I pre ordered the Godzilla Statue from Prime 1.
Dude. You seriously need to take some pics and post ‘em on TK when it arrives. You’re probably one of the only...what, 7 people who are ever going to get it? :lol:
Last edited by Jermobooka on Mon May 31, 2021 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Vakanai wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:27 am
Kaijucifer wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:01 am I'm not gonna take anyone seriously who goes into a movie like Godzilla vs Kong and comes out like "Yeah fights were skreeonking amazing, but I still wanted more substance". You can shove that poop. The only way you'd get more substance is by adding even more time onto the film for more human scenes and stretching out the film all the while trying not to bore the audience who came here to see the epic spectacle and intimate moments with Kong.

You don't have to take me seriously - nor am I inclined to take you seriously.
If you two debate would the forums explode?

Also Kaijucifer here's a news flash. Not all Godzilla fans are going to like all Godzilla movies.

We can like kotm, and GvsK without pooping on our fellow members.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Mon May 31, 2021 4:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Jermobooka wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:29 am

Agreed with, like, everything you said. Be wary though, this is Tohokingdom. This kinda opinion isn’t the most popular ‘round these parts :lol:

Added in 2 minutes 1 second:
ultrazilla wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:27 am

Oh wow how did I miss that :lol: ! Big G truly is a beast which is why by honoring him I pre ordered the Godzilla Statue from Prime 1.
Dude. You seriously need to take some pics and post ‘em on TK when it arrives. You’re probably one of the only...what, 7 people who are ever going to get it? :lol:
Haha I only got the Godzilla part of the set tho, not the entire diorama lol. But yeah I sure will.

Terasawa
Xilien Halfling

Post by Terasawa »

Kaijucifer wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:01 am I'm not gonna take anyone seriously who goes into a movie like Godzilla vs Kong and comes out like "Yeah fights were fucking amazing, but I still wanted more substance". You can shove that shit.

I will not, cannot, and should not take ANYONE and their words seriously when they try to criticize a movie that was only and will only ever exist to be dumb fun.

KotM(Underrated and not well understood by the snobby elitist gatekeepers in the fandom who only see the surface)

From my keen observations it seems that the majority of the older fans in the fandom myself excluded are massive hipsters and dislike anything that's super popular or mainstream.
I can't take anyone seriously who defends his opinion of a movie by trying to delegitimize the opinions of others.
寺沢. He/him/his, etc.

ClandestineCanine9
Monarch Researcher

Post by ClandestineCanine9 »

ultrazilla wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:31 am
Jermobooka wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:29 am
ultrazilla wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:27 am Big G truly is a beast which is why by honoring him I pre ordered the Godzilla Statue from Prime 1.
Haha I only got the Godzilla part of the set tho, not the entire diorama lol. But yeah I sure will.
HOLY SHITBALLS
4 and a half feet wide
2 and a half feet tall
160 pounds

$5700
that wasn't very cash money of you
モスラ! ゴジラ! ギドラ!

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

Don't know if it's been discussed yet but the Shimidah would've been a great "large fauna" monster to have in GvK. It's a shame they cut it.

Added in 3 minutes 32 seconds:
The GvK concept book calls the Monsterverse a Saga, along with the rest of the text in this excerpt, I think this pretty much confirms that we'll be seeing plenty more from the Monsterverse.

____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

I KNEW I wasn't insane when I thought Godzilla's beam scenes looked like they referenced Shin Godzilla! Wingard said in his AMA that Shin Goji's beam is what served as the inspiration for Godzilla's beam in GVK. I guess the shots of the beam slicing its way through city blocks diagonally n stuff weren't accidental!
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D