Inevitable Crossover: Pacific Rim

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Inevitable Crossover: Pacific Rim

Post by ernesth100 »

Zasraniec wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:14 pm Inevitable? Doubt it. Personally I think it would be a lame crossover with the PR kaiju undermining the Titans in the Monsterverse. The titans are way cooler anyway.
It wouldn't undermine them. We'd be doing the PR franchises a much needed favor. The anime didn't give it much more life.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

LamangoKaijura
Futurian

Post by LamangoKaijura »

Yes, have the series where people pointed to Godzilla 2014 and say it ripped off Pacific Rim, cross over with it. :roll:
Imagine getting angry your out of date and obsolete stats for rubber suit monsters were 'stolen'.

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

ernesth100 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:36 pm
Zasraniec wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:14 pm Inevitable? Doubt it. Personally I think it would be a lame crossover with the PR kaiju undermining the Titans in the Monsterverse. The titans are way cooler anyway.
It wouldn't undermine them. We'd be doing the PR franchises a much needed favor. The anime didn't give it much more life.
Personally I think it would lower the impact of the other Titans and make them less unique.