The Future Of The MonsterVerse?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Re: The Future Of The MonsterVerse?

Post by Thatguy4683 »

imposterzilla wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:19 pm Shinomura could somehow be worked into a Deathla type through mutation or it somehow having one of the organisms being saddled with some kind of nanotech device that changes the colony.
That could work but I would favor if Apex or some other Company got a hold on Shinomura cell and begin experimenting on it, then something went wrong with the experiment making the mutated Shinomura cell to duplicate uncontrollably turning into Hedorah

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Since I brought up the subject of an original monster, specifically for Godzilla 3, many of your ideas have leaned a little to similar to pre-existing monsters. Another idea I have is a shape-shifting Titan.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

LegendZilla wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:54 pm Since I brought up the subject of an original monster, specifically for Godzilla 3, many of your ideas have leaned a little to similar to pre-existing monsters. Another idea I have is a shape-shifting Titan.
Hedorah could be a good example, I would like to see Hedorah in the monsterverse
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Fri May 14, 2021 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

A shape-shifter would be a fascinating adversary. We could even get some Fake Godzilla nods, depending on how they wanna implement it. Mostly, it would be interesting to see Godzilla adapt to a monster that is constantly changing itself, maybe even to specifically counter his attacks. First match the atomic breath is OP against it, next time it shapeshifts into something to reduce the damage or bounce it back. Something to that effect would be so cool in a battle.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

CyberZilla wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:12 am A shape-shifter would be a fascinating adversary. We could even get some Fake Godzilla nods, depending on how they wanna implement it. Mostly, it would be interesting to see Godzilla adapt to a monster that is constantly changing itself, maybe even to specifically counter his attacks. First match the atomic breath is OP against it, next time it shapeshifts into something to reduce the damage or bounce it back. Something to that effect would be so cool in a battle.
I am so up for a bio-engineered shape shifting Titan now. The fights would be amazing
Last edited by Jermobooka on Sat May 15, 2021 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

Jermobooka wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:15 am
CyberZilla wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:12 am A shape-shifter would be a fascinating adversary. We could even get some Fake Godzilla nods, depending on how they wanna implement it. Mostly, it would be interesting to see Godzilla adapt to a monster that is constantly changing itself, maybe even to specifically counter his attacks. First match the atomic breath is OP against it, next time it shapeshifts into something to reduce the damage or bounce it back. Something to that effect would be so cool in a battle.
I am so up for a bio-engineered shape shifting Titan now. The fights would be amazing
It's funny, because I just mentioned a genetically modified Shinomura on the last page. Shinomura shape-shifts. I think that would be awesome.

I'm seeing Destoroyah and Hedorah mentioned all over the place, and this shape-shifting adversary idea, but the MonsterVerse already has a monster that is effectively similar. It could be used to great effect.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

MegaEvilSaurus666 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:19 pm
Jermobooka wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:15 am
It's funny, because I just mentioned a genetically modified Shinomura on the last page. Shinomura shape-shifts. I think that would be awesome.

I'm seeing Destoroyah and Hedorah mentioned all over the place, and this shape-shifting adversary idea, but the MonsterVerse already has a monster that is effectively similar. It could be used to great effect.
Or maybe a modified Ghidorah cell
Spoiler:
remember that we saw the skull and he didn’t have the flesh,
maybe they could’ve still have the flesh of Ghidorah and Apex modified it in to a living bio weapon name Hedorah
It could explain his red lightning coming out his eyes because they’re actually Modified gravity beans

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Question:

Is Goji’s atomic breath gonna keel getting stronger and stronger by every installment, or is it’s evolution done?

G14: Just woke up, tired, beaten up, spits out weak bursts of relatively puny flame

KOTM: Been awake for longer, breath is getting stronger and is the midway point between G14 and GvK

GvK: Has been fully active as the king of the monsters, the breath is now a condensed, focused, extremely powerful beam that, when fully charged at 100%, could bore to the center of the earth in a matter of seconds. Disintegrates/completely destroys buildings and burns Kong at 50%, able to beam lock with MG’s powerful proton scream for a couple seconds at 25%
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

Yeah, I don't see it getting stronger unless they implement the spiral ray variant in the future.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Resized Image

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Damnit, now i’m hoping those three identical rumors are true and we’re getting a Godzilla and Kong animated series. That news would make my year

Zasraniec
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zasraniec »

I am all for Shinomura and MUTO Prime making an in film appearance. It would be pretty neat to see for sure.

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

surprised no one is talking about the artbook since the final page is about potential future monsterverse projects

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

BurningCoolMan wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:10 pm surprised no one is talking about the artbook since the final page is about potential future monsterverse projects
Hm? Have you seen what the projects described are and could you detail them for us? My curiosity has been piqued

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

BurningCoolMan wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 7:10 pm surprised no one is talking about the artbook since the final page is about potential future monsterverse projects
I didn't even know that the art book was out. What does it say?
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

the final page is called "a world of monsters and mostly talks about "where could the monsterverse go next"

Wingard Talks About how humans are able to create "titan-level" machines"

says this the monster are no longer a mystery and that the audience is ready for the Monsters to be "front and center" for most of the movies, and wants more monsters moments that are emotional and less spectacle.

jay Ashenfelter (producer on KOTM and GvK) also mentions there are talks about "going bigger" but also suggesting the opposite end with "less world-traversing and more intimate).

says there has been conversations of how ghidorah in KOTM is an alien and how "it's a ticking time bomb sitting in the franchise that's begging to be explored)

"Godzilla and kong arent going anywhere and the hollow earth is now open for business. A whole continent with hundreds of monsters is waiting to be discovered and not every story need to be a feature film"

talks about more movie,comics and tv shows.

"humans will always try to be in control" but "the titans will last forever"

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

That’s interesting. I am so down for emotional moments with the Titans/Kaiju. Imagine if they adapted War of the Gargantuas, or did a movie with kaiju in that vein. Plots that revolve around the tragedy while not begetting the majesty of these giant creatures would be so fascinating. There’s a lot of potential there.

I do hope the monsters get front and center, but without it just being “big fights.” I loved seeing Kong just live his morning routine in GvK, seeing kaiju just interact with one another without fighting would be amazing.

Resized Image

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

BurningCoolMan wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:49 pm
says there has been conversations of how ghidorah in KOTM is an alien and how "it's a ticking time bomb sitting in the franchise that's begging to be explored)
I wonder what does he mean by that, what comes to my mind is the Xiliens invasion is coming to the Monsterverse, any thoughts?
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Sat May 22, 2021 4:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:13 am
BurningCoolMan wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 8:49 pm
I wonder what does he mean by that, what comes to my mind is the Xiliens invasion is coming to the Monsterverse, any thoughts?
Space Titans make the only 17 Titans in kotm less limiting.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

BurningCoolMan
JXSDF Technician

Post by BurningCoolMan »

i want space kaiju
Last edited by BurningCoolMan on Sat May 22, 2021 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

BurningCoolMan wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 4:42 pm i want space kaiju
We need more of Space Kaiju, if I’m going to be honest I want them to go crazy with the designs of original space Kaiju