The Future Of The MonsterVerse?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: The Future Of The MonsterVerse?

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

I didn't oppose to a team-up, preferred they would have saved it for a later film and just had GvK be just about their fight. They could have easily pulled off in still having a clear winner without death and no team-up.

Never the less, happy with what I got despite the films flaws.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:27 pm I didn't oppose to a team-up, preferred they would have saved it for a later film and just had GvK be just about their fight. They could have easily pulled off in still having a clear winner without death and no team-up.

Never the less, happy with what I got despite the films flaws.
I’m pretty sure that they’re not gonna go in that direction for a couple movies maybe this is the rumor son of Kong

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

People really think they're going to follow up a Godzilla/Kong film with another Godzilla/Kong film?

Handsome Shrek
G-Grasper

Post by Handsome Shrek »

Garzon wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:46 pm Now that the next Monsterverse film seems on track to actually happen, I now fully believe that their big Endgame level event should be to have all the Titans face off against Jormungandr. Might as well go all out.
Lol this morning as I was getting ready for work after the Dan Stevens news last night, I literally had this thought that people were going to immediately jump back on the stupid World Serpent bandwagon again (which was a fan made concept entirely)

Like clockwork 😂

Added in 2 minutes 17 seconds:
Thatguy4683 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:14 pm
Garzon wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:58 pm
king_ghidorah wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:48 pm

I really hate this idea….this world serpent thing is the new Bagan of the fandom.
The idea’s silly, but what else is there to do? They’ve already used up all the big Toho kaiju. I know some people might want to see them tackle Destroyah, but would that be worth the licensing fee that Toho would inevitably charge them?
1. Yes it will be worth the charged

2. If not, How about Kaiser Ghidorah?
Bud, Keizer Ghidorah was one creature that showed up for five minutes in a movie that is nearly 20 years old and hated by 95% of the people who watched it.
-Based AF

-Logically-minded free-thinker

-King of the Monsters is overhated

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Handsome Shrek wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:01 am
Garzon wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:46 pm Now that the next Monsterverse film seems on track to actually happen, I now fully believe that their big Endgame level event should be to have all the Titans face off against Jormungandr. Might as well go all out.
Lol this morning as I was getting ready for work after the Dan Stevens news last night, I literally had this thought that people were going to immediately jump back on the stupid World Serpent bandwagon again (which was a fan made concept entirely)

Like clockwork 😂

Added in 2 minutes 17 seconds:
Thatguy4683 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:14 pm
Garzon wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 5:58 pm

The idea’s silly, but what else is there to do? They’ve already used up all the big Toho kaiju. I know some people might want to see them tackle Destroyah, but would that be worth the licensing fee that Toho would inevitably charge them?
1. Yes it will be worth the charged

2. If not, How about Kaiser Ghidorah?
Bud, Keizer Ghidorah was one creature that showed up for five minutes in a movie that is nearly 20 years old and hated by 95% of the people who watched it.
And he was the best part about that movie.

and Nearly 20 years…damn i’ve might have or have not been born yet but damn that makes me feel old

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Legion1979 wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:48 am People really think they're going to follow up a Godzilla/Kong film with another Godzilla/Kong film?
I hope not personally. I’m all for a solo Kong movie. Dan Stevens is the man and some of these MV G fans are a bit toxic as of late. I feel like not getting another Dougherty film is a sobering dose of reality for these people and I’m glad to see this is for nothing else.

Garzon
Monsterland Worker

Post by Garzon »

Handsome Shrek wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:01 am

Like clockwork 😂
I know it’s most likely not going to happen. I just don’t see what else there is left to do. People have said they want a DAM movie, but KotM already basically did that.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Why are so many people against a potential world serpent when it would fit what the Monsterverse was trying to do. Myths of old were actually Titans.

Jormungandr just wouldn't literally wrap around the world.

I understand not liking the concept but the way its being shot down is wow.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Fri May 13, 2022 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Such a titan would dwarf the others in size. The equivalent to humans and insects in terms of scale.

Why I still say Cronus/Cronos would be the best route for reasons already stated.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri May 13, 2022 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:44 pm Such a titan would dwarf the others in size. The equivalent to humans and insects in terms of scale.

Why I still say Cronus/Cronos would be the best route for reasons already stated.
Jormungandr doesn't have to be a literal World Serpent, just a large Snake Titan.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

I would much prefer Cronus/Cronos in reference to the monsters in this universe being dubbed Titans whom the former was the leader of in Greek Mythology.

They could even cook up a unique and original design looking troll-like with various animal traits such as primate.

Jormungandr would probably just have a generic snake design. Hell if we get a snake titan as the big bad, it should be Apep instead, being a gigantic cobra which would give it some design and so big in mythology could swallow the sun as oppose to Jormungandr that can wrap around the earth.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri May 13, 2022 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:56 pm I would much prefer Cronus/Cronos in reference to the monsters in this universe being dubbed Titans whom the former was the leader of in Greek Mythology.

They could even cook up a unique and original design looking troll-like with various animal traits such as primate.

Jormungandr would probably just have a generic snake design. Hell if we get a snake titan as the big bad, it should be Apep instead, being a gigantic cobra which would give it some design and so big in mythology could swallow the sun as oppose to Jormungandr that can wrap around the earth.
Cronus is interesting but I wonder how much of him you change due to Godzilla's being around. Realistically I think Zo-zla-halawa will be the final villian.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

miguelnuva wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:04 pmCronus is interesting but I wonder how much of him you change due to Godzilla's being around.
Have him being the first titan to have ever existed being billions of years old. All life came from him titans included and had been dormant up until the events of the movie he could appear in.

Have him be 3x or 4x bigger then any of the known titans as a showcase of his power and final bad.

Also Zo-zla-halawa is just Godzilla in the Iwi's language.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri May 13, 2022 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:07 pm
miguelnuva wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:04 pmCronus is interesting but I wonder how much of him you change due to Godzilla's being around.
Have him being the first titan to have ever existed being billions of years old. All life came from him titans included and had been dormant up until the events of the movie he could appear in.

Have him be 3x or 4x bigger then any of the known titans as a showcase of his power and final bad.

Also Zo-zla-halawa is just Godzilla in the Iwi's language.
Jia makes it seem like Godzilla is Zo-zla-halawa but when you look at the art book, Dominion and the novel together Jia is going off what her people were told.

Humans, Kongs and Godzillas are all working together fighting something in the Hollow Earth.

I think we'll find out Zo-zla-halawa was once a Godzilla but he ate a "star" and went mad. Jia's stroy will be the but it isn't our Godzilla.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Handsome Shrek
G-Grasper

Post by Handsome Shrek »

So wait.... you guys literally want the titans to team up to fight a giant Zeus-looking thing called Cronus?

Added in 2 minutes 7 seconds:
And now you guys are also proposing a giant cobra that can swallow the Sun whole? Lmfao
-Based AF

-Logically-minded free-thinker

-King of the Monsters is overhated

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Again. Many have said if, but ill reiterate….it’s good that fans don’t have any input on the final product.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Handsome Shrek wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:09 pm So wait.... you guys literally want the titans to team up to fight a giant Zeus-looking thing called Cronus?

Added in 2 minutes 7 seconds:
And now you guys are also proposing a giant cobra that can swallow the Sun whole? Lmfao
You misunderstand.

I meant a titan called Cronus named after the Greek titan from Greek mythology. Wasn't literally saying Zeus or Cronus.

It could be a titan 3 or 4 times the size of other titans various animal traits such as primate and troll-like features

As for the giant cobra swallowing the sun. I was talking about a titan that clearly inspired the snake god in Egyptian mythology, not the literal being from the myth itself.
miguelnuva wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 2:48 pmJia makes it seem like Godzilla is Zo-zla-halawa but when you look at the art book, Dominion and the novel together Jia is going off what her people were told.

Humans, Kongs and Godzillas are all working together fighting something in the Hollow Earth.

I think we'll find out Zo-zla-halawa was once a Godzilla but he ate a "star" and went mad. Jia's stroy will be the but it isn't our Godzilla.
And how often is it that movies follows novelizations and artworks of from previous films? :?

Lol as if we're gonna get SpaceGodzilla in the MonsterVerse. That's just wishful thinking here. You'll get someone like Gigan before you'll ever get SpaceGodzilla given we're likely to only get 2-3 movies left at most and especially when Legendary could continue making their own monsters rather then spending more money that Toho would likely make a high price for them.

And besides why would the Godzilla's and Kong's work together? As Ilene Andrews said in the film, there was a great war between them which lead to the Godzilla's victory that had the surviving Kong's driven to Skull Island. Artwork is clearly nothing and looking too much into it.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Fri May 13, 2022 5:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

king_ghidorah wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:17 pm Again. Many have said if, but ill reiterate….it’s good that fans don’t have any input on the final product.
THANK YOU

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Ah yes, the final big bad for Godzilla's "Endgame": a big snake
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Smuggers wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:04 pm Ah yes, the final big bad for Godzilla's "Endgame": a big snake
My question is still...

Why is everyone so positive this is going to finish off with an "Endgame"-like story?

If the MCU didn't do it would everyone keep going on about it like it was a plausible idea?