The Future Of The MonsterVerse?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
dillonking55
G-Force Personnel

Re: The Future Of The MonsterVerse?

Post by dillonking55 »

The Full Article

https://archive.is/hQwLr

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Welp, it's pretty much official

https://twitter.com/sunriseon7/status/1 ... 1006735360

Just need Legendary or the trades to outright confirm it and hopefully give some details

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla needs the other Titans in order for him to be characterized the similar tonhow the 2 T-rex in TLW or the raptors in JP are.

Kong as Legion1979 pointed out is the bridge between Titan and human, it's easier to have Kong interact with people as shown with Jia.

For Godzilla one of the reasons I proposed Biollante was the angle that Godzilla is King, he's a Warrior but he's also lonely.

Godzilla needs a mate or an offspring for a human cast to see a different side of him.

Right now Godzilla is like a Super hero without the secret identity. He shows up and saves the day and fights the bad guy and that's it.

Kong has the hero persona and the secret identity that you hang out with later. You can bond with Kong much easier.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Yep. Or flesh out his interaction with Mothra more.

In GKOtM when Godzilla is getting his ass kicked and all of this sad music is playing it feels weird that I’m not super emotionally invested in the character and so I’m kind of unaffected. I want G to win and power through but in the context of the film he shows up, fights and that’s it. With very little flourishes of personality.

They can change that still. It’s not insurmountable. We just have to spend more time with him and see what he’s doing when he isn’t just showing up and fighting.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Moogabunga wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:21 pm Welp, it's pretty much official

https://twitter.com/sunriseon7/status/1 ... 1006735360

Just need Legendary or the trades to outright confirm it and hopefully give some details
Glad to hear it! I really hope it involves both monsters.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

One if my favorite portrayals of Godzilla is how he was the last gunslinger in Godzilla vs Hedorah.

We know he has a son and we know he's the only one that can stop Hedorah and if he fails the world is finished. Legendary should lean into 70's Showa Godzilla a little more.

To be fair we do know Godzilla liked finally hitting Kong I'm Hong Kong. And he likes when the other Titans submit to him. Kotm and Dominion show this and hearted Kong to submit.

He also respects Kong enough to first let him die on his own and then to let him out of the higherarchy.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

miguelnuva wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 2:53 pm Godzilla needs the other Titans in order for him to be characterized the similar tonhow the 2 T-rex in TLW or the raptors in JP are.

Kong as Legion1979 pointed out is the bridge between Titan and human, it's easier to have Kong interact with people as shown with Jia.

For Godzilla one of the reasons I proposed Biollante was the angle that Godzilla is King, he's a Warrior but he's also lonely.

Godzilla needs a mate or an offspring for a human cast to see a different side of him.

Right now Godzilla is like a Super hero without the secret identity. He shows up and saves the day and fights the bad guy and that's it.

Kong has the hero persona and the secret identity that you hang out with later. You can bond with Kong much easier.
I sort of don’t wanna say this but Toho kinda is to blame for Godzilla being emotionless in these recent times. MV is the only recent series that to give him a somewhat of a personality, not all the time but a couple of times.

king_ghidorah
EDF Instructor

Post by king_ghidorah »

Yeah GvK has some good character stuff for Godzilla. I also like the G 2014 old tired warrior version. He’s just exhausted and pissed off. I love that take too

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Moogabunga wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:47 pm
>Says Godzilla is the key to coexistence
>Refuses to elaborate further
>Blows himself up with a nuke
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Smuggers wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:57 am
Moogabunga wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:47 pm
>Says Godzilla is the key to coexistence
>Refuses to elaborate further
>Blows himself up with a nuke
I need a Gigachad serizawa now
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

SharkLord
Yojimbo

Post by SharkLord »

It's filmed in Australia, eh?

Titanus Binyip confirmed :JetJaguar:

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

Are we able to see the other Titans they were mention in KOTM. Like are we going to see Amuluk or Tiamat on screens in these future films? I hope so
Last edited by Thatguy4683 on Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SonOfGorgo
G-Grasper

Post by SonOfGorgo »

I wanna see a reboot of Mighty Joe Young set in the MonsterVerse.
Still the best, 1955... 8-)

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Just thinking about this but I wonder if the Titans or Godzilla could end up in Chernobyl at some point.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

_JNavs_
Keizer

Post by _JNavs_ »

miguelnuva wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:17 am Just thinking about this but I wonder if the Titans or Godzilla could end up in Chernobyl at some point.
With the way the globe is spinning currently, I'm not expecting any reference to that part of the map in any films from the U.S. for quite a while. Especially not anything destruction based.
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Thu Apr 07, 2022 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
____________________________ImageImage___________________________
Instagram: @Lord.Gojira

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

I wonder what the possibilities are of Godzilla entering another period of obscurity similar to the post-GFW lull after the Monsterverse is wrapped up? I would have to imagine pretty slim given Shin's success.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

shadowgigan wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:47 pm I wonder what the possibilities are of Godzilla entering another period of obscurity similar to the post-GFW lull after the Monsterverse is wrapped up? I would have to imagine pretty slim given Shin's success.
Well they always say history always repeats itself, so for me there’s no doubt that it’s gonna be another 10 years of nothing for the Godzilla franchise.

shadowgigan
Futurian

Post by shadowgigan »

Thatguy4683 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:50 pm
shadowgigan wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:47 pm I wonder what the possibilities are of Godzilla entering another period of obscurity similar to the post-GFW lull after the Monsterverse is wrapped up? I would have to imagine pretty slim given Shin's success.
Well they always say history always repeats itself, so for me there’s no doubt that it’s gonna be another 10 years of nothing for the Godzilla franchise.
I just hope Toho has learned from that period. This won't last forever. For some reason, I've begun worrying lately. Especially if Godzilla isn't featured in the upcoming MV film.

Thatguy4683
EDF Instructor

Post by Thatguy4683 »

shadowgigan wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:53 pm
Thatguy4683 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:50 pm
I just hope Toho has learned from that period. This won't last forever. For some reason, I've begun worrying lately. Especially if Godzilla isn't featured in the upcoming MV film.
I wouldn’t worry in my opinion, the Godzilla franchise has more popular, if something is popular it makes money a hell a lot of it too and we all know how companies love money. Even if some of the future movies bombed, Toho will not leave Godzilla in the mud, due to the fact the Godzilla is there a magnum opus.