The Future Of The MonsterVerse?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Re: The Future Of The MonsterVerse?

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

I believe that Godzilla could do far better if he was unchallenged and undefeated by any monster after the events of GvK. Winning without distractions or interference, especially due to becoming more powerful thanks to Mothra's energy. If done right, Godzilla can still have a decent battle with a monster but ultimately take it down completely by himself.

I'm really not a fan of the "Son of Kong" thing. It's just not the way to go right after Godzilla vs. Kong. Nearly nobody was thinking about that. And I'd rather not have Kong die. This version of the character is a massive departure from the norm, so why should he end up in a similar situation?

It would be cool to have a Kong: Hollow Earth movie, about exploration and settling into the new environment. Perhaps there could even be dark areas of the Hollow Earth, and Shimidah could be utilized. Nozuki/Warbats could actually get names within the movies, too. Set up a villain for Godzilla to fight in that Kong film, preferably one that's never been seen before on screen. I see Destoroyah get mentioned a lot, and I've always pointed this out, but why not Shinomura? What if some sort of Shinomura remains were found in depths of the Hollow Earth during Kong's time spent there, sampled, researched, and genetically modified, resulting in a creature far more monstrous and destructive than the original? Personally, I think Destoroyah is better left in 1995, not recycled.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Shinomura would be great!

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

I've said it before and will say it again: Hedorah or deathla has some real potential. He's perfect for a MV Godzilla film: He's a total crime against nature, the sort of thing Godzilla would fight.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

I think, more than either another Kong or Godzilla movie, I'd most like to see a Mothra solo film. Give her her own story and MUTO like original villain to kick the snot out of.
I unapologetically, wholeheartedly, and without a doubt hate Godzilla vs Kong.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Gawdziller1954 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:39 am I've said it before and will say it again: Hedorah or deathla has some real potential. He's perfect for a MV Godzilla film: He's a total crime against nature, the sort of thing Godzilla would fight.
Hedorah isn't so much a crime against Nature as he is an intruder on Earth.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

miguelnuva wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:00 pm
Gawdziller1954 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:39 am I've said it before and will say it again: Hedorah or deathla has some real potential. He's perfect for a MV Godzilla film: He's a total crime against nature, the sort of thing Godzilla would fight.
Hedorah isn't so much a crime against Nature as he is an intruder on Earth.
eEen then the whole point of the movie is that we screw nature up so badly with our pollution it allows Hedorah to challenge Godzilla. And you must remember that his origin is not rigid: In Monster Apocalypse he's a bio-weapon.
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

I think that due to the fact Toho’s big five are now in the Monsterverse, the next Godzilla film should pit him against an original monster.

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

LegendZilla wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:55 pm I think that due to the fact Toho’s big five are now in the Monsterverse, the next Godzilla film should pit him against an original monster.
I am curious what other monster concepts could be used. I would suggest a blobby or pollution type since he has only really fought solid and animalistic monsters, but at that point just cast Hedorah. Maybe another aquatic-type for some brutal water battles.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

MegaEvilSaurus666
G-Force Personnel

Post by MegaEvilSaurus666 »

CyberZilla wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:04 pm
LegendZilla wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:55 pm I think that due to the fact Toho’s big five are now in the Monsterverse, the next Godzilla film should pit him against an original monster.
I am curious what other monster concepts could be used. I would suggest a blobby or pollution type since he has only really fought solid and animalistic monsters, but at that point just cast Hedorah. Maybe another aquatic-type for some brutal water battles.
Shinomura shape-shifts and is a colony of organisms. It doesn't have a truly solid form. This allows for cool scenes like people being attacked by the smaller organisms that then combine into a superorganism to fight Godzilla, just like Destoroyah or even Hedorah.
I'd change my username if I had the chance. It's a typo. It's supposed to be "66," and it's a very unfortunate thing to have on my account. Please help. :lol:

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

MegaEvilSaurus666 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:41 pm
CyberZilla wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:04 pm
Shinomura shape-shifts and is a colony of organisms. It doesn't have a truly solid form. This allows for cool scenes like people being attacked by the smaller organisms that then combine into a superorganism to fight Godzilla, just like Destoroyah or even Hedorah.
Maybe even an energy-based creature akin to Dogora.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

shadowgigan wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:55 pm Anyone think Dogora could be interesting?
Dogora's one of those monsters who could really use a modern makeover, but at the same time feels hard to pull off. Making a fight scene with it against Godzilla/Kong would be a pain in the arse considering all it can really do is slap with tentacles, ensnare with tentacles, and multiply and nothing beyond that.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Eh, not really feeling Dogora

I’d rather have new monsters from here on in the MV. Especially adversaries for Kong. Only ones I’d like to see would be Biollante, Destoroyah, and Gigan. Anything else wouldn’t be that good imo
Last edited by Jermobooka on Tue May 11, 2021 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

kaijuguy19
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaijuguy19 »

I dunno if this counts as being a new monster or not but this wouldn't be a bad time to finally bring the idea of the monster Prometheus from the canceled King Kong vs Frankenstein into the Monsterverse. I mean think about it not only will you also bring in another famous monster into the Monsterverse that isn't bound much by copyright but you can also have him be tied to other monsters like Biollante as part of a chain of bioweapon titans being made from the different DNA of living and dead Titans to counteract other Titans as well as be an alternative method to what Apex was trying to do with Mechagodzilla. So in Prometheus's case he can be made from existing Titan DNA samples with the base body and figure being based on one of Kong's ancestors. It's basically a modern way of creating Frankenstein's infamous creation in a modern way.
Last edited by kaijuguy19 on Tue May 11, 2021 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why am I always chasing rainbows?

CyberZilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by CyberZilla »

kaijuguy19 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:02 pm I dunno if this counts as being a new monster or not but this wouldn't be a bad time to finally bring the idea of the monster Prometheus from the canceled King Kong vs Frankenstein into the Monsterverse. I mean think about it not only will you also bring in another famous monster into the Monsterverse that isn't bound much by copyright but you can also have him be tied to other monsters like Biollante as part of a chain of bioweapon titans being made from the different DNA of living and dead Titans to counteract other Titans as well as be an alternative method to what Apex was trying to do with Mechagodzilla. So in Prometheus's case he can be made from existing Titan DNA samples with the base body and figure being based on one of Kong's ancestors. It's basically a modern way of creating Frankenstein's infamous creation in a modern way.
I really like this idea, it would definitely be freaky and cool to see and you could easily give it lore-ties to make sense of it.

Speaking of MG, I do wonder if we will see more mecha tech coming up in future movies for anti-Titan procedures. The world will have lost a lot of trust in the big G since Pensacola and the like. We may see MV-original mechas, old faces brought to modernity, maybe even more advanced warships for humans to toy with.
“You gave me strength. So did the others. No life is worthless. I believe you now."
Resized Image Resized Image :shingodzillapurple:Resized ImageResized Image:KingGhidorah64: Resized Image :godzilla2021blue: :kingkong1962:

Is your war… finally over?
Resized Image

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

CyberZilla wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:47 pm
kaijuguy19 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 3:02 pm I dunno if this counts as being a new monster or not but this wouldn't be a bad time to finally bring the idea of the monster Prometheus from the canceled King Kong vs Frankenstein into the Monsterverse. I mean think about it not only will you also bring in another famous monster into the Monsterverse that isn't bound much by copyright but you can also have him be tied to other monsters like Biollante as part of a chain of bioweapon titans being made from the different DNA of living and dead Titans to counteract other Titans as well as be an alternative method to what Apex was trying to do with Mechagodzilla. So in Prometheus's case he can be made from existing Titan DNA samples with the base body and figure being based on one of Kong's ancestors. It's basically a modern way of creating Frankenstein's infamous creation in a modern way.
I really like this idea, it would definitely be freaky and cool to see and you could easily give it lore-ties to make sense of it.

Speaking of MG, I do wonder if we will see more mecha tech coming up in future movies for anti-Titan procedures. The world will have lost a lot of trust in the big G since Pensacola and the like. We may see MV-original mechas, old faces brought to modernity, maybe even more advanced warships for humans to toy with.
I was born in Pensacola, I've lived a good chunk of my life in Pensacola, I still visit Pensacola. They didn't include a single recognizable landmark of Pensacola. They just showed Godzilla attacking some huge corporate facility that doesn't exist in real world Pensacola.

Needless to say, I'm kind of pissed about that. A place I'm from gets to be rampaged by Godzilla, but you'd never know it to look at it. They could have called it a fictional city like Gotham or Metropolis from DC and it'd have worked just as well. Literally Pensacola in name only.

We do have landmarks worth showing Godzilla stomping on. It could have been beautiful.

Jermobooka
Gotengo Officer

Post by Jermobooka »

Vakanai wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:29 pm Needless to say, I'm kind of pissed about that. A place I'm from gets to be rampaged by Godzilla, but you'd never know it to look at it. They could have called it a fictional city like Gotham or Metropolis from DC and it'd have worked just as well. Literally Pensacola in name only.
PINO? :lol:
:Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Mechagodzilla74: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Gigan: :Hedorah: :Hedorah: :Hedorah:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

CyberZilla wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 5:47 pm

If the world trusted him after G14 it shouldn't take long to get a lot of people to clear his name.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Vakanai
EDF Instructor

Post by Vakanai »

Jermobooka wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:53 pm
Vakanai wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:29 pm Needless to say, I'm kind of pissed about that. A place I'm from gets to be rampaged by Godzilla, but you'd never know it to look at it. They could have called it a fictional city like Gotham or Metropolis from DC and it'd have worked just as well. Literally Pensacola in name only.
PINO? :lol:
Pretty much yes. We might not have huge towering skyscrapers that are recognized around the world, but we've got a lot of landmarks that are iconic to us. The giant civic center, the boardwalk with the clam shell little stadium, the beachball water tower. Seeing Godzilla rise out of Pensacola beach with places I've seen and been to would've been so cool. Instead the only reason anyone knows it's Pensacola it was called Pensacola.

I mean, it still would have been a crap film script wise in my opinion, but at least I'd have gotten one kick out of it.

imposterzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by imposterzilla »

Shinomura could somehow be worked into a Deathla type through mutation or it somehow having one of the organisms being saddled with some kind of nanotech device that changes the colony.